Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I smell playing the Ravens two weeks in a row.
Presently if the season ended today Jan 7 we as the 3rd seed would play the 6th seed Ravens.

1. If we win on Sunday[and we are favored] and Buffalo wins[they are favored] then we play Ravens @ Cincy.

2. If we lose on Sunday and Chargers win[and they are favored] [no matter Buffalo wins/loses] then we play Ravens either home/away via coin flip.

3. If we win on Sunday and Buffalo loses to NE then we get 2nd seed and play NE.

4. If we lose on Sunday and Buffalo loses to NE  and  LA loses to Denver then we remain 3rd seed and play LA.

For the Wildcard weekend we have much higher odds of playing the Ravens both in more scenarios[ 1. and 2.]
Higher probability of scenarios [1. and 2.]

So, it's

1. Ravens @ Cincy
2. Ravens vs Cincy at Balt or Cincy via coin flip
3. Pats @ Cincy
4. LA @ Cincy

[Image: whoopi-im-tired-of-raven-coming-to-work-...608226.png]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This whole Lamar thing is interesting. Not sure if he is hurt or just sticking it to the ravens for a new contract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:13 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: This whole Lamar thing is interesting.  Not sure if he is hurt or just sticking it to the ravens for a new contract.

I think he's pouting and sticking it to them.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
You gotta like our chances to get to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs. And then if Buffalo and the AFC South champ are upset (not impossible) we could be playing a home game in the 2nd round as well.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:13 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: This whole Lamar thing is interesting. Not sure if he is hurt or just sticking it to the ravens for a new contract.

The response to disrespect should equal the disrespect

I hope Lamar sits out with “soreness” and joins a team like the Falcons and makes them contenders

If Lamar Jackson was Larry Jekso he would’ve came into this season with a contract

This is what manipulators do, and i hope ppl see Lamar’s situation and remember you can’t trust mofos just because they are talking nice about you. The Ravens, anytime you ask them will say they love Lamar and he’s great but behind closed doors you don’t wanna cake him off for the contract he deserves.

What’s gonna hurt Lamar even more is when Burrow is due, we aren’t gonna do any of this BS with him. He’s gonna get his 300M and it ain’t even gonna be a discussion

Imo it’s BLATANTLY obvious Lamar isn’t hurt. A QB who’s won the MVP coming into his final year without a long term deal is simply unprecedented so his reaction to the disrespect by the ppl who see him everyday is unprecedented.

Anyone who thinks Lamar plays for the Ravens again is crazy. If it were me this would end our relationship. I play at a certain level and your ***** ass pays me. That’s how it supposed to be. The Ravens are disrespecting Lamar
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The Ravens know Lamar will likely never make it through another season without being injured. His body has taken too many hits in college and in the NFL due to his playimg style. They don't want to be in worse shape than Cleveland with Watson. And Lamar knows they know that. He's going somewhere outside the AFCN and good.
Reply/Quote
With their injury issues, it kind of sucks for the Ravens that this game became a must-play.

If the WC home field was determined by division champion status and no coin flip was involved, Baltimore could have tried to take a week to rest guys and possibly regroup.

Nobody knows where Lamar is in his recovery, and Huntley, who's likely to play was very questionable this week. Now Huntley has to play in what's going to likely be a very physical football game. If Lamar isn't coming back next week, Sunday's game could very well put them in a situation where they have to start Brown in the WC round.

If WC home field was determined by pre-Hamlin incident rules, the Bengals would have needed to play starters to potentially get the 2 seed in case the Bills lose to NE. Baltimore would have seen a full game of the Bengals real-deal offense. IMO it would have been a big advantage to them. The Bengals would know a lot less about the offense they'd face in the WC round vs the Ravens if it came to that.

I know this: It sucks to play even a decent team two weeks in a row. That's a lot of time for a quarterback to figure out a defensive scheme. Same for defense vs offense, to an extent. I feel like given that Burrow is already the best in the league at manipulating defenses and recognizing coverages pre-snap, the Bengals will have a major advantage in playing 2 straight. The Ravens don't have a Joe Burrow, and they might not even have the same player under center for both games.
Reply/Quote
I was just thinking this looking at the playoff picture.

How do you think the Ravens will react to getting blown out two games in a row?
That's gunna be soul crunching.

We've got extra motivation and something to prove. NFL awakened the Bengal's beast mode.

Bengals will be pissed having to play in Buffalo in Round 2 as well.

Then pissed to have to play in KC in the AFC championship.

I see a road to the Super Bowl for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:13 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: This whole Lamar thing is interesting.  Not sure if he is hurt or just sticking it to the ravens for a new contract.

He may just be thinking like a college player and thinking of that next contract. Wanting to be completely healthy because he doesn't where that next contract is coming from and doesn't want any questions of health getting in the way. Since we most likely play them in the 1st Rd. What do you think the odds are that he practices and plays in the 1st RD?
Reply/Quote
I’ll take any of those teams. New England’s just not very good and Baltimore has been very mediocre and weak a lot of this year too. I’m hoping we destroy them 2 weeks in a row.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 10:03 AM)Housh Wrote: The response to disrespect should equal the disrespect

I hope Lamar sits out with “soreness” and joins a team like the Falcons and makes them contenders

If Lamar Jackson was Larry Jekso he would’ve came into this season with a contract

This is what manipulators do, and i hope ppl see Lamar’s situation and remember you can’t trust mofos just because they are talking nice about you. The Ravens, anytime you ask them will say they love Lamar and he’s great but behind closed doors you don’t wanna cake him off for the contract he deserves.

What’s gonna hurt Lamar even more is when Burrow is due, we aren’t gonna do any of this BS with him. He’s gonna get his 300M and it ain’t even gonna be a discussion

Imo it’s BLATANTLY obvious Lamar isn’t hurt. A QB who’s won the MVP coming into his final year without a long term deal is simply unprecedented so his reaction to the disrespect by the ppl who see him everyday is unprecedented.

Anyone who thinks Lamar plays for the Ravens again is crazy. If it were me this would end our relationship. I play at a certain level and your ***** ass pays me. That’s how it supposed to be. The Ravens are disrespecting Lamar

They didn’t offer him a stupid contract like Cleveland, but they did offer him what seemed to me to be a fair contract. I know he won the MVP but they really haven’t done all that much with him as QB. I understand some of that can be laid at the feet of the front office who seem to think any old WR will do.

Oh and I hope Joe doesn’t see $300 million. The Bengals do need other players.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
[Image: dwayne-johnson-come-here.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They didn’t offer him a stupid contract like Cleveland, but they did offer him what seemed to me to be a fair contract. I know he won the MVP but they really haven’t done all that much with him as QB. I understand some of that can be laid at the feet of the front office who seem to think any old WR will do.

Oh and I hope Joe doesn’t see $300 million. The Bengals do need other players.

But it's more than just them not providing him any help. He simply is not very good in the pocket and going through progressions and you have to do that in this league or he's going to continually get injured. His pocket presents is average at best and he does not have good motion in throwing and stepping into his throes and setting his feet.

He relies on his ability to run when things break down instead of staying in there and taking a hit because he knows he can make a positive play out of nothing. I believe Cincinnati was the team last year that really exposed him when we did not really let him get outside the pocket and made him stay within the pocket.
Reply/Quote
When we beat Baltimore tomorrow, and whoever in the first round, we don’t know for sure that we’re going to Buffalo.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:51 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’ll take any of those teams. New England’s just not very good and Baltimore has been very mediocre and weak a lot of this year too. I’m hoping we destroy them 2 weeks in a row.

LA is a little scary...they have two large WRs healthy now in Williams and Allen that catch everything  a good TE and  a great RB in Ekeler...not to mention Herbert at QB.
On the D side, Bosa is back. Bosa, Mack and Van Noy is looking like a good rotation for them right now and then add in James and Samuel in secondary. They have a ton of talent. 
Id rather not play these guys out of all those listed . 

Im hoping for Balt or NE
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:09 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I was just thinking this looking at the playoff picture.

How do you think the Ravens will react to getting blown out two games in a row?
That's gunna be soul crunching.

We've got extra motivation and something to prove. NFL awakened the Bengal's beast mode.

Bengals will be pissed having to play in Buffalo in Round 2 as well.

Then pissed to have to play in KC in the AFC championship.

I see a road to the Super Bowl for sure.

I think if we blow them out tomorrow, they will be looking to injure Burrow in the WC game. Hopefully the Hamlin incident will make ddfensive players think twice before taking cheap shots. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 08:38 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Presently if the season ended today Jan 7 we as the 3rd seed would play the 6th seed Ravens.

1. If we win on Sunday[and we are favored] and Buffalo wins[they are favored] then we play Ravens @ Cincy.

2. If we lose on Sunday and Chargers win[and they are favored] [no matter Buffalo wins/loses] then we play Ravens either home/away via coin flip.

3. If we win on Sunday and Buffalo loses to NE then we get 2nd seed and play NE.

4. If we lose on Sunday and Buffalo loses to NE then we remain 3rd seed and play LA.

For the Wildcard weekend we have much higher odds of playing the Ravens both in more scenarios[ 1. and 2.]
Higher probability of scenarios [1. and 2.]

So, it's

1. Ravens @ Cincy
2. Ravens vs Cincy at Balt or Cincy via coin flip
3. Pats @ Cincy
4. LA @ Cincy

[Image: whoopi-im-tired-of-raven-coming-to-work-...608226.png]

I think on #4 you forgot to add that Chargers would have to lose to Denver.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Unfortunately I'll have to root against the Bills this weekend.
https://youtu.be/9wKoqVtntD4
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 01:31 PM)cinci4life Wrote: I think on #4 you forgot to add that Chargers would have to lose to Denver.

Yes, time for an edit.  Ninja
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 01:37 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Unfortunately I'll have to root against the Bills this weekend.
https://youtu.be/9wKoqVtntD4

I don’t know why it’s unfortunate. I wish them best of luck in coping with what happened to Hamlin, but that doesn’t extend to hoping they win. I also did not feel compelled to root for the Saints after Katrina.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote