Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I still believe
Ok guys hear me out. Our next 6 games are all winnersble games after going through murders row 4 of the first 6 games. I believe we can be 6-2 after the best 6 with the giants or eagles being the toughest games we play. The browns are this Sunday plus we play them one more time the steelers again as well as the ravens twice. Benching ced is dumb as he will be very good it's just going to take time the should of benched bodine instead since he is awful. It was a 9 pt game with 4 mins left so it's not like we were blown out. We control our own destiny and with the fish beating the steelers and the ravens losing again it's possible we could win the arc north with a 9-7 record. The Browns is a get well game and I hope it leads us to more wins especially when we get eiffert back which will help tremendously.
Reply/Quote
May we somehow salvage a 9 win wildcard berth? Maybe.

Should we even want to get in the playoffs with this team

probably not. We are horrible and if we did magically get in wed be swiftly and unmercifully destroyed by any team we face. Yes I said ANY team. Marvin Lewis will not have us ready at all
Reply/Quote
People tend to look at a young roster and think that it will improve each year...and for the most part that happened...Most of the current roster has made the playoffs for 5 years in a row...

But we have lost guys in free agency and coaches and our roster has a lot of holes.

You don't get 6-7-8-9-10 changes to win a playoff game with the same roster. It just doesn't happen. Attrition has destroyed us.

Furthermore, when the Bengals lose a coach, they promote the guy below. We're now on the 3rd rung of the OC ladder. There's no way every coach on the roster is coordinator quality.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People tend to look at a young roster and think that it will improve each year...and for the most part that happened...Most of the current roster has made the playoffs for 5 years in a row...

But we have lost guys in free agency and coaches and our roster has a lot of holes.

You don't get 6-7-8-9-10 changes to win a playoff game with the same roster. It just doesn't happen. Attrition has destroyed us.

Furthermore, when the Bengals lose a coach, they promote the guy below. We're now on the 3rd rung of the OC ladder. There's no way every coach on the roster is coordinator quality.

For the coaching issue... It's not that we don't have coordinator quality coordinator(s) anymore. It's that we don't have head coach quality coordinators anymore. 6 out of the 7 playoffs we went to under Lewis we had head coach quality coordinator(s) to make Lewis look better than he actually is. Zimmer, Gruden, Jackson, and Guenther + Vance Joseph all were making Lewis look better than he actually is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Still believe because I predicted struggle for first part of season before chemistry would be developed within all new cogs in Bengals machinery.

Did not realize just how much the O-line would deteriorate.

Thought with two early OL picks previous year [was outspoken against] Andre's void would certainly be filled adequately.

Still believe but next few games are pivotal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote