Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I texted the wrong person
I text several truck drivers, several times a day with instructions and information with the understanding they only read when they stop to take a break or get fuel etc. However, during the day, my wife will text me as well and we will have a text conversation a few times daily on her breaks. Every now and then, I will text her and realize I sent it to a driver by mistake. Some of my best mistakes are as follows:

* Have a good day baby.

* I love you.

* You looked very beautiful this morning.

* Want to go out to dinner tonight?

It's pretty embarrassing to say the least and each time I have responded, "Sorry, that was for my wife." I'm thankful that I never texted anything really bad to a driver I intended for my wife like, want to make love tonight? Damn your ass is fine, or something along those lines which I will often do.

So I ask, What is some of your most embarrassing mis-texts if any?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And that, sir, is why I always double check the name on my outgoing messages.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I used to sing in a professional opera troupe. One of the sopranos decided to dish on another soprano to another woman in the group... except she copied 'all' on the email.

Needless to say, it was rather cold at rehearsals after that!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2016, 12:34 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I used to sing in a professional opera troupe. One of the sopranos decided to dish on another soprano to another woman in the group... except she copied 'all' on the email.

Needless to say, it was rather cold at rehearsals after that!

[Image: JamesGandolfini.jpg?itok=eIhbp6t_]

Reply/Quote
I wasn't me or a text, but I'll share a funny story of miscommunication:

At work we circulate cards: birthdays, congratulations, get well, thank you,...

A couple weeks ago we were circulating a card for a coworker that was in the hospital. My boss thought it was a card for another employee that was leaving.

His message: "You will be missed."
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2016, 04:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wasn't me or a text, but I'll share a funny story of miscommunication:

At work we circulate cards: birthdays, congratulations, get well, thank you,...

A couple weeks ago we were circulating a card for a coworker that was in the hospital. My boss thought it was a card for another employee that was leaving.

His message: "You will be missed."

Just read a meme the other day that said the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2016, 12:45 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: JamesGandolfini.jpg?itok=eIhbp6t_]

Those sopranos can be really nasty!
Reply/Quote
I used to do that all the time. Switched to an iPhone and it never happens anymore. Not sure why. One time I accidentally sent this really, REALLY cheesy love text to my brother on accident while he was sitting on the couch across the room from me. Talk about embarrassing, watching the person receiving the wrong text is a horror.

He just said, "What's wrong with you?" Ha
Reply/Quote
After a Steelers game last year my neighbor and I were having a few beers at a bar waiting for traffic to die down. Earlier in the day we had run into another neighbors wife at a tailgate party. While we sitting at the bar, the guy that I was with drunkenly texted the girl about how good she looked and she was all he wanted and thought about....and accidentally sent it to our group text.

He immediately made swear to never speak of it and made me delete it, but not before I got a quick screen cap
Wink
Reply/Quote
I have intentionally sent the wrong message to a person before.

I went out with a woman a couple of times and things seemed to be going well. But then I received an email about how an "old boyfriend" had reappeared and she was going to try to work things out with him. Several month later I drafted a cute message to my daughter, but sent it t o the woman. Then 5 minutes later I sent her another email apologizing for the mistake and telling her I was deleting her contact info so that it would not happen again. She sent back a message saying that it was no big deal, and wishing me a happy holiday (it was close to Christmas). I replied wishing her a happy holiday and asking how things were going with her. One thing led to another and we started seeing each other again.

So if there is some one that you would like to contact, but feel like you should not contact them directly a "mistake" could be used to re-establish contact.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2016, 12:27 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: And that, sir, is why I always double check the name on my outgoing messages.

yeah it happens.... phone will say... You got a text from the wife  you read it then click to respond  but it pulls up your buddys texts instead...  

so here you are writing to your wife and you send and you realize shit now I gotta text all that again.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have intentionally sent the wrong message to a person before.

I went out with a woman a couple of times and things seemed to be going well. But then I received an email about how an "old boyfriend" had reappeared and she was going to try to work things out with him. Several month later I drafted a cute message to my daughter, but sent it t o the woman. Then 5 minutes later I sent her another email apologizing for the mistake and telling her I was deleting her contact info so that it would not happen again. She sent back a message saying that it was no big deal, and wishing me a happy holiday (it was close to Christmas). I replied wishing her a happy holiday and asking how things were going with her. One thing led to another and we started seeing each other again.

So if there is some one that you would like to contact, but feel like you should not contact them directly a "mistake" could be used to re-establish contact.

I was through with her.

Reply/Quote
one of the lame things I like to do is send different cards for different occasions.  For example, for someone's 30th b-day, I've sent them a Happy 3 Year olds card.  Or I've been known to send barmitzva cards to a 10 year anniversary couple.   One year, I sent all my female cousins a birthday card in the middle of the summer and all of their birthdays are in January and March.  So ya, just stupid stuff I like to do. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 01:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was through with her.

Me too.

She just couldn't make up her mind about anything, like which one of us should be in the front and which should be in the back!
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 03:28 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Me too.

She just couldn't make up her mind about anything, like which one of us should be in the front and which should be in the back!

Just before I kicked her to the curb she mentioned something about a desperate ex-boyfriend playing like he "accidentally" txt her. She said he used to buy her lots of things, but just couldn't satisfy her number 1 need.

I gave her one last toss, told her that ought to hold her for a while, and to beat it.

Reply/Quote
just last week sent the winky kiss blowing emoji meant for the wifey to my poker buddies. Got an ummm.... response. Recovered with, "meant to send that to your mom"
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 04:48 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: just last week sent the winky kiss blowing emoji meant for the wifey to my poker buddies.  Got an ummm.... response.  Recovered with, "meant to send that to your mom"

Perfect response. Lol.

Reply/Quote
I don't think I've texted the wrong person, but I have called the wrong person. In my contacts list there is two people of the same name one is a booty call and one is my boss...yea you guessed it, I drunk dialed my boss at 6am. Luckily my boss is cool as shit and thought it was hilarious. Though she still gives me a fair amount shit about it today.

Wasted Yes
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2016, 02:02 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I don't think I've texted the wrong person, but I have called the wrong person. In my contacts list there is two people of the same name one is a booty call and one is my boss...yea you guessed it, I drunk dialed my boss at 6am. Luckily my boss is cool as shit and thought it was hilarious. Though she still gives me a fair amount shit about it today.

Wasted Yes

I did something similar. One day I was calling my friend John. Accidentally called my boss John. He answered and I said, "Hey b itch. Wtf you doing today? Let's go golfing." He said, " i don't think so, I'm not very good at it." I replied, "yeah. You suck but I just want to go to get drunk. Stop being a p u ssy and lets go play." Can't remember what he said next but I recognized his voice and said, "damn, sorry for calling you. I was calling my friend John and well, I accidentally called you." He said, I thought so when you asked me to go golfing. Have a good time."

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 12:25 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I did something similar. One day I was calling my friend John. Accidentally called my boss John. He answered and I said, "Hey b itch. Wtf you doing today? Let's go golfing." He said, " i don't think so, I'm not very good at it." I replied, "yeah. You suck but I just want to go to get drunk. Stop being a p u ssy and lets go play." Can't remember what he said next but I recognized his voice and said, "damn, sorry for calling you. I was calling my friend John and well, I accidentally called you." He said, I thought so when you asked me to go golfing. Have a good time."

That's hilarious.
When my boss answered the phone I was all like "hey baby I wanna do dirty things to you".  She was really confused for a minute then realized what was going on and told me "you know you're never going to hear the end of this when you get back to work in a couple of days?!"  And she was right I still get flak from that, and that was four month ago.
Reply/Quote