Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I just took off my Bengals jersey for the last time...
I think I'm done.
I just don't know what else to do.
I know some of you will say "This isn't an airport, no need to announce your departure..." WHATEVER.
50 years old... been a Bengals fan my whole life... I just can't, anymore.
Reply/Quote
I hear ya, but I think we have a special talent at QB right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:54 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I hear ya, but I think we have a special talent at QB right now.

What good is it, when he'll be injured or shell-shocked before the end of the season?
Reply/Quote
Now they need to move away from this Zac Taylor he is in over his head.
Reply/Quote
See ya next week... But I agree.. not only are they bad, but they're also boring. Zac Taylor has managed to make AJ Green, Joe Mixon, Tyler Boyd, and Joe Burrow slow and clunky.

Of course the O line and defense are sorry too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
[Image: 200.gif]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:52 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I think I'm done.
I know some of you will say "This isn't an airport, no need to announce your departure..." WHATEVER.

I would say now might not be the time.... as someone that threw my palmer jersey to get burned at that raiders game like a few others..... we've seen far worse and today wasn't so bad.  can't wait for Atkrins to get back.   Defense will be better.

However, Bates missed a few tackles... weird.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:54 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I hear ya, but I think we have a special talent at QB right now.
Mike Brown status quo. Losing games but gets enough people to tune in while they hope things will be new with young talent.

Mike Brown has as many NFL playoff wins as owner as I do. Why he just can’t figure out that winning in the NFL takes hiring people that know what the **** they are doing is beyond me. Unbelievable...
Reply/Quote
Third year in a row this team can't tackle anyone
Reply/Quote
I think I just took Sesame Street Disco off my turntable for the last time...oh who am I kidding?
Reply/Quote
I enjoyed the game, despite the lousy performance of the team around Burrow. Burrow makes the game entertaining. The team will get better around him. Give it time.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:01 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I enjoyed the game, despite the lousy performance of the team around Burrow. Burrow makes the game entertaining. The team will get better around him. Give it time.

That’s not how this works.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:52 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I think I'm done.

Everybody wanted Marvin gone. He was the one who kept the football talent up. Now there's no one in this organization that can fix the Bengals.  Mike Brown will have to die or sell the team for anything to change.
Reply/Quote
Look, the fact that against all odds, the current coaching staff was able to go out and flip a majority of the defensive personnel and still look worse than they did last season against two really terrible teams says all anybody really needs to know about this team.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:01 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I enjoyed the game, despite the lousy performance of the team around Burrow. Burrow makes the game entertaining. The team will get better around him. Give it time.

Can I have some of whatever you're smoking?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:03 AM)Always a Bengal Wrote: Everybody wanted Marvin gone. He was the one who kept the football talent up. Now there's no one in this organization that can fix the Bengals.  Mike Brown will have to die or sell the team for anything to change.

Taylor hasn't had nearly the time as Marvin.  Marvin got Palmer to play his second year too.  Cool your jets, good sir.
Reply/Quote
Aside from Jackson III, the defense is scrubs. The o-line is awful, and Green has lost a couple of steps. I honestly can't speak to the coaching because the talent is so dismal.

They need to let Burrow hand the ball off more to preserve him until they develop the o-line. The defense sucks, but that o-line has to be addressed somehow some way, or the play calling has to be adjusted so that Burrow is not throwing 60 times a game. He will get killed.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:03 AM)Always a Bengal Wrote: Everybody wanted Marvin gone. He was the one who kept the football talent up. Now there's no one in this organization that can fix the Bengals.  Mike Brown will have to die or sell the team for anything to change.

As bad as Taylor and company appear, Marvin getting fired was long overdue.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:56 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Defense will be better.

That play where Dunlap was on the RB for the TD was very telling. Lou Anarumo doesn't even know what a linebacker is. Last year he kept putting Hubbard in pass coverage to poor results. That play tonight was it for that guy as far as I'm concerned. He has no business coordinating a college defense. They tried the Rams model of buying a defense and he still managed to screw it up by installing a bunch of goofy 3-4 stuff. If you don't know the difference between a 4-3 base end and a coverage linebacker, please just pick a different career. This roster is chock full of a bunch of 4 technique guys who are too slow to set the edge and too small to stop power run teams. Absolutely nonsensical type of stuff. I feel sorry for the players on the roster who care. 

Edit: I watched the play again and it's possible that Pratt was on man coverage for the RB, he thought that he was staying in to block, and he just blew the assignment. Still. I've seen enough out of some of the players to have hope that they're capable of being good pros. Most of the coaching staff, in particular Anarumo, have shown nothing. In fact I'd be willing to bet that ZT, LA, and BC will never win anything substantial under their current titles.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:08 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Aside from Jackson III, the defense is scrubs.  The o-line is awful, and Green has lost a couple of steps.  I honestly can't speak to the coaching because the talent is so dismal.  

They need to let Burrow hand the ball off more to preserve him until they develop the o-line.  The defense sucks, but that o-line has to be addressed somehow some way, or the play calling has to be adjusted so that Burrow is not throwing 60 times a game.  He will get killed.

Jackson can't tackle. He couldn't cover Odell without grabbing jersey.
Reply/Quote