Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I just took off my Bengals jersey for the last time...
As fans we have high expectations but in reality this isn’t a good team. On the bright side we have Joe Burrow so our future will be bright once we get the pieces in place. Lou needs to go sooner rather than later and Jim turner can leave after this year too but you guys are jumping ship when we lost 2 games by a combined 8 points and we were never going to be playoff contenders this year anyway. This season should be viewed purely on the progression of Joe Burrow
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:01 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I enjoyed the game, despite the lousy performance of the team around Burrow. Burrow makes the game entertaining. The team will get better around him. Give it time.

I did as well. The team scored 13 points Sunday, and 30 last night. The Ravens only put 38 on the Browns. Trending in the right direction. Have to fix the right side of the line and things will come together this year.
Reply/Quote
I think I just took off my Bengals underwear for the last time.

Here we go with ship jumpers. Told the wife this would happen. If you're not happy, be a Ravens fan, that's easy.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:52 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I think I'm done.
I just don't know what else to do.
I know some of you will say "This isn't an airport, no need to announce your departure..." WHATEVER.
50 years old... been a Bengals fan my whole life... I just can't, anymore.

Give it a few days.  Bunker up.  Work out.  And look at the team in "quarters".  One thing about the Bengals is every time you think they are dead they do something to give you hope.  Kind of like if you suck at golf, but then you hit that one amazing shot and you are like: "I just need to do that all the time".   Hilarious

If by some act of God they rebound and are 2-2 at the quarter pole, the season could still be pretty fun.  If they are 0-4, well, I am on the phone to Carolina saying "Four first round picks is what it will take for you to get Lawrence...start planning now".  
Reply/Quote
They ain’t winning the super bowl this season, so lose every game by less than one score, show some glimpses of potential and put yourself in a position to draft Sewell (not to mention the haul they’d get for Sunshine if they pick first again).
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:52 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I think I'm done.
I just don't know what else to do.
I know some of you will say "This isn't an airport, no need to announce your departure..." WHATEVER.
50 years old... been a Bengals fan my whole life... I just can't, anymore.

Your desire will be solidified when we play the Ravens and Squeelers twice each this year.
Reply/Quote
No one said turning this ship around would be easy.

I for one am enjoying the Burrow show. Dude is tough as nails and we will always be in games with this guy at QB. The 2019 Bengals would have folded completely and lost that game 35-17. We are making progress honestly, but go ahead and bow out now.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:01 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I enjoyed the game, despite the lousy performance of the team around Burrow. Burrow makes the game entertaining. The team will get better around him. Give it time.

I admire your optimism but Joe Burrow with the Bengals is starting to resemble Archie Manning with the Saints. On any other team Archie would have won multiple Super Bowls.
Reply/Quote
LOL at some of these.

Good Lord people, we were 2-14 last year. We had no offseason and no preseason. We finally have a QB that we can build around and NOW it's time to hang it up?

The team finally started spending money in free agency. They finally got some luck and landed the #1 overall pick instead of the #5 overall pick. I didn't realize this was all going to get fixed this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:08 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Aside from Jackson III, the defense is scrubs.  The o-line is awful, and Green has lost a couple of steps.  I honestly can't speak to the coaching because the talent is so dismal.  

They need to let Burrow hand the ball off more to preserve him until they develop the o-line.  The defense sucks, but that o-line has to be addressed somehow some way, or the play calling has to be adjusted so that Burrow is not throwing 60 times a game.  He will get killed.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:32 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: LOL at some of these.

Good Lord people, we were 2-14 last year.  We had no offseason and no preseason.  We finally have a QB that we can build around and NOW it's time to hang it up?

The team finally started spending money in free agency.  They finally got some luck and landed the #1 overall pick instead of the #5 overall pick. I didn't realize this was all going to get fixed this year.

It's every year with these ship jumpers.  It's quite humorous when someone denounces their fanhood.  I have seen signs of optimism, and I'm going to enjoy the season.  We almost didn't even have any football.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:59 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Third year in a row this team can't tackle anyone

With 3 different coordinators.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: It's every year with these ship jumpers.  It's quite humorous when someone denounces their fanhood.  I have seen signs of optimism, and I'm going to enjoy the season.  We almost didn't even have any football.

They jump ship, announce they are leaving, and then are right back the next week..... you either love a team or you don't.
Reply/Quote
I have come to terms with the abusive relationship I have with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Let the drama queens go.

If they were really leaving they would not come here and make a thread about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:54 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I hear ya, but I think we have a special talent at QB right now.

He won't stay.  Not with a gaffed filled franchise.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think I just took Sesame Street Disco off my turntable for the last time...oh who am I kidding?

Had to YouTube that one. That's gold right there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKW7TIjqZAA
Reply/Quote