Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I think McCarron ends up on the Redskins
It's looking like Cousins is going to be traded. Personally I think that Jay will be interested in acquiring McCarron, thoughts?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 11:15 AM)Trademark Wrote: It's looking like Cousins is going to be traded. Personally I think that Jay will be interested in acquiring McCarron, thoughts?

Possible for sure.  I am thinking if AJ McCarron does not leave before the season, the Bengals have plans for him.  
Reply/Quote
I am sure most people will think this is crazy but if I were Andy I would now want out.

The Texans would become a legitimate Super Bowl contender if they had Dalton.  Andy is from that area.

Two ones from Houston for Dalton would be good for Houston and for Andy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 11:58 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I am sure most people will think this is crazy but if I were Andy I would now want out.

The Texans would become a legitimate Super Bowl contender if they had Dalton.  Andy is from that area.

Two ones from Houston for Dalton would be good for Houston and for Andy.

It would take more than two ones for Dalton to be traded but the idea of trading isn't that crazy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I know the decisions is Cousins, but the Redskins would be crazy to not do everything they can to re-sign him.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 11:15 AM)Trademark Wrote: It's looking like Cousins is going to be traded. Personally I think that Jay will be interested in acquiring McCarron, thoughts?

Interesting.  You may be right.  I've been thinking he's going to the Browns.  They have lots of picks they could trade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Perhaps. But also consider the spot we have in the draft at 9. Buffalo (10), Browns (12), and Cardinals (13) all are in need of a a QB and Washington doesn't pick till 17.  It may not be McCarron we deal to Washington, but our #9 pick as they jump up to grab Watson, or maybe the NC QB. As I said in my older post, leveraging our draft spot to QB needy teams and still being able to trade McCarron could pay off tremendously.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 03:29 PM)Burma Wrote: Perhaps. But also consider the spot we have in the draft at 9. Buffalo (10), Browns (12), and Cardinals (13) all are in need of a a QB and Washington doesn't pick till 17.  It may not be McCarron we deal to Washington, but our #9 pick as they jump up to grab Watson, or maybe the NC QB. As I said in my older post, leveraging our draft spot to QB needy teams and still being able to trade McCarron could pay off tremendously.

Interesting.

I just hope we get something for the guy. He is dead weight here.

If Dalton gets hurt cause of the O-line McCarron wouldn't help cause of how long he holds onto the ball.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 12:30 PM)J24 Wrote: It would take more than two ones for Dalton to be traded but the idea of trading isn't that crazy.

For the Texans, no.

For the Bengals it would mean a full scale rebuild. May as well also trade AJ Green, Atkins, Burfict and any other meaningful players we have.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For the Texans, no.

For the Bengals it would mean a full scale rebuild. May as well also trade AJ Green, Atkins, Burfict and any other meaningful players we have.

That is crazy.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For the Texans, no.

It depends on how much the Bengals believe in AJ Mcaron, or the QB in this class, or if they could get Tony Romo or tyrod Taylor in free agency. It would take a whole lot though to trade for Dalton.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:39 PM)J24 Wrote: It depends on how much the Bengals believe in AJ Mcaron, or the QB in this class, or if they could get Tony Romo or tyrod Taylor in free agency. It would take a whole lot though to trade for Dalton.

This seriously would be crazy. Dalton has a quick release and runs this Offense. McCarron holds onto the ball too
long and is a gun slinger. Romo is old and couldn't stay healthy behind the best O-line in football. Tyrod Taylor?

I guess he could run for his life.

lol
Reply/Quote
The top 2 destinations imo is browns and bears.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:39 PM)J24 Wrote: It depends on how much the Bengals believe in AJ Mcaron, or the QB in this class, or if they could get Tony Romo or tyrod Taylor in free agency. It would take a whole lot though to trade for Dalton.

Well I can't speak for the Bengals, but IMO comparing McCarron to Dalton is like comparing someone like Cody Kessler to someone like Matt Stafford. It's a joke. This QB class looks pretty weak to me, and why would anyone trade a known commodity like Dalton for an unproven "meh" prospect? Now if it was some "can't miss" once in a blue moon type, sure the Bengals should think about it, but there are no guys like that this year....and if there were a can't miss Peyton type, no one would trade his rights for 29 year old Dalton.

It just doesn't make sense any way you look at it. I guess it'd be interesting to discuss, but it's pure fantasy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 06:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: The top 2 destinations imo is browns and bears.

I agree.  I like the Bears as a destination for him. As a trade partner they could offer up their 2nd (#36) and 2 4th round picks in exchange for McCarron. Toss in a few of the Bengals 6th and 7th round picks as a sweetner as needed. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This seriously would be crazy. Dalton has a quick release and runs this Offense. McCarron holds onto the ball too
long and is a gun slinger. Romo is old and couldn't stay healthy behind the best O-line in football. Tyrod Taylor?

I guess he could run for his life.

lol

Let me give you an hypothetical scenario
Bengals trade Andy Dalton to the Browns for the 1st overall pick, 12th overall pick, 33rd overall pick, 50th overall pick, 64th overall pick,  a 2018 first, and a 2019 third that Can turn into a 2nd if the Browns reach the playoffs in either 2017 or 2018. Now just look at that deal(don't question if it is realistic or not) and ask yourself if you would consider that deal? 
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 06:21 PM)J24 Wrote: Let me give you an hypothetical scenario
Bengals trade Andy Dalton to the Browns for the 1st overall pick, 12th overall pick, 33rd overall pick, 50th overall pick, 64th overall pick,  a 2018 first, and a 2019 third that Can turn into a 2nd if the Browns reach the playoffs in either 2017 or 2018. Now just look at that deal(don't question if it is realistic or not) and ask yourself if you would consider that deal? 

Take your Ricky Williams trade and Get Out!  The Bengals want none of this embarassment of riches!  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 06:15 PM)Burma Wrote: I agree.  I like the Bears as a destination for him. As a trade partner they could offer up their 2nd (#36) and 2 4th round picks in exchange for McCarron. Toss in a few of the Bengals 6th and 7th round picks as a sweetner as needed. 

if be fine with just their second and maybe a third next year. Make our second round picks defensive end and center. 
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 06:21 PM)J24 Wrote: Let me give you an hypothetical scenario

Is this a trick?

Well of course i would consider that. Shocked
Reply/Quote

Dalton won't be traded. The cap hit from a Dalton trade alone would cripple the franchise.

Romo has been hurt each of the last few years and Taylor...isn't good.
Reply/Quote