Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I think McCarron ends up on the Redskins
(02-25-2017, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know the decisions is Cousins, but the Redskins would be crazy to not do everything they can to re-sign him.

I can't even believe they are not 100% in his camp.  He solved their RGIII issue, which was a mess.  He finally gave them a good starting QB which they have been searching for what seems like a lot longer than the Bengals searched for Palmer.  

If Gruden thinks he can win with any QB, he is about to get a lesson in humility.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 03:29 PM)Burma Wrote: Perhaps. But also consider the spot we have in the draft at 9. Buffalo (10), Browns (12), and Cardinals (13) all are in need of a a QB and Washington doesn't pick till 17.  It may not be McCarron we deal to Washington, but our #9 pick as they jump up to grab Watson, or maybe the NC QB. As I said in my older post, leveraging our draft spot to QB needy teams and still being able to trade McCarron could pay off tremendously.

I keep going through these scenarios on "first pick" draft simulator.  I am a junkie for these things...

It always comes down to one of two scenarios: Take the BPA at 9, which is usually a DE like Soloman Thomas or Derek Barnett and have that impact RDE we have needed so badly.  The other scenario is take a trade down offer and load up on a few extra picks and go after a Center like Pocic, a Guard like Feeney, and a Tackle like Bisnowanty in the first two rounds and turn our biggest weakness in to a potential strength, as I think the Center and Guard would be immediate starters and good ones at that.  
Reply/Quote
I think the most likely thing that will happen with McCarron (considering our GM) is that he will still be a Bengal this season and we will watch him sign with another team the following season so we can cash in on a comp pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For the Texans, no.

For the Bengals it would mean a full scale rebuild. May as well also trade AJ Green, Atkins, Burfict and any other meaningful players we have.

Well , one good thing about this trade would be that the pressure would be off marvin for a few more years to get  that elusive playoff win he's been chasing for 14 years.

He just needs more time! 
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 12:30 PM)J24 Wrote: It would take more than two ones for Dalton to be traded but the idea of trading isn't that crazy.

I'd take the two ones and feel like I got away with something. 
Reply/Quote
Dalton and Macaroni are going nowhere soon. The Bengals will keep them for the 2017 season. I think the Browns and Bears look for an experienced QB. Not sure anyone wants Romo due to his injury history. I think Watson is about the only QB worth drafting this year, but Wentz came out of nowhere last year. If Cousins goes to the Browns, they would improve to a much better team and may go 7-9 this year. The Browns have many needs on defense though. The 49ers might also be interested in Cousins.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 02:22 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I think the most likely thing that will happen with McCarron (considering our GM) is that he will still be a Bengal this season and we will watch him sign with another team the following season so we can cash in on a comp pick.

This would be so stupid man.

You could be right though, i guess they could surprise me with their stupidity.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 02:22 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I think the most likely thing that will happen with McCarron (considering our GM) is that he will still be a Bengal this season and we will watch him sign with another team the following season so we can cash in on a comp pick.

And we will get a 7th for him while the Steelers get a 1st rounder because one of their water boys got a better job at Starbucks.

(02-26-2017, 03:17 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Well , one good thing about this trade would be that the pressure would be off marvin for a few more years to get  that elusive playoff win he's been chasing for 14 years.

He just needs more time! 

I have a bad feeling Marvin is going to be given the chance to develop our next QB regardless of when Dalton leaves.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 11:58 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I am sure most people will think this is crazy but if I were Andy I would now want out.

The Texans would become a legitimate Super Bowl contender if they had Dalton.  Andy is from that area.

Two ones from Houston for Dalton would be good for Houston and for Andy.

I don't think it's crazy at all.  If they let Z and Whit leave town, I'd almost demand a trade if I were Andy.  They're pretty much telling him they don't give a hoot if he gets his teeth knocked out back there.....kinda like they did with Palmer.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For the Texans, no.

For the Bengals it would mean a full scale rebuild. May as well also trade AJ Green, Atkins, Burfict and any other meaningful players we have.

Not really.  If we traded Andy and went with AJ, there wouldn't be a major rebuild.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 11:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I keep going through these scenarios on "first pick" draft simulator.  I am a junkie for these things...

It always comes down to one of two scenarios: Take the BPA at 9, which is usually a DE like Soloman Thomas or Derek Barnett and have that impact RDE we have needed so badly.  The other scenario is take a trade down offer and load up on a few extra picks and go after a Center like Pocic, a Guard like Feeney, and a Tackle like Bisnowanty in the first two rounds and turn our biggest weakness in to a potential strength, as I think the Center and Guard would be immediate starters and good ones at that.  

I think you can still take a DE at 9 and still fix the O-line issues.

You can get 2 interior guys in rounds 2 and 3 that would upgrade the line.

In all honesty, though, you just need to re-sign Z, bring in Mangold, draft a C in round 2 or 3 and you've got the line in great shape for the next couple years.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 01:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think you can still take a DE at 9 and still fix the O-line issues.

You can get 2 interior guys in rounds 2 and 3 that would upgrade the line.

In all honesty, though, you just need to re-sign Z, bring in Mangold, draft a C in round 2 or 3 and you've got the line in great shape for the next couple years.

I think you can let both Whit and Z walk, then start the following line:
Ogbuehi - Boling - Bodine - Westerman - Fisher

Sarcasm
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
What the hell are you guys talking about in this thread?

Kirk Cousins isnt going to get traded. Hes a free agent. They are two completely different things. Like Fred said, the Redskins would be STUPID not to try and do everything in their power to keep Kirk Cousins. Hes a really good proven quarterback, better than Mccarron has showed so far in his career.

Some of you guys are talking about trading Dalton? Are you high out of your minds? That isn't going to happen and won't happen. Andy Dalton is going to be the quarterback of the Bengals until his arm falls off or he chooses to leave.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 02:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think you can let both Whit and Z walk, then start the following line:
Ogbuehi - Boling - Bodine - Westerman - Fisher

Sarcasm

And we would have the #1 ranked line in the league without spending any real money on it.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 02:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What the hell are you guys talking about in this thread?

Kirk Cousins isnt going to get traded. Hes a free agent. They are two completely different things. Like Fred said, the Redskins would be STUPID not to try and do everything in their power to keep Kirk Cousins. Hes a really good proven quarterback, better than Mccarron has showed so far in his career.

Some of you guys are talking about trading Dalton? Are you high out of your minds? That isn't going to happen and won't happen. Andy Dalton is going to be the quarterback of the Bengals until his arm falls off or he chooses to leave.

Except if he gets tagged, then he would be eligible for a trade.  It sounds like the Redskins aren't really interested in ponying up the kind of money that he is looking for, so I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to trade him.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 01:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not really.  If we traded Andy and went with AJ, there wouldn't be a major rebuild.

Ok.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Except if he gets tagged, then he would be eligible for a trade.  It sounds like the Redskins aren't really interested in ponying up the kind of money that he is looking for, so I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to trade him.

It's pretty funny really how the spend master finally has a QB but won't spend to keep him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote