Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I think Sam Wyche is very undervalued or underappreciated...."
Great read on football innovation in the Queen City with video....

http://www.nfl.com/ohioriveroffense

"I think Sam Wyche is very undervalued or underappreciated for what he lent to the game," Brandt says. "He was kind of like a mad scientist."

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Great read on football innovation in the Queen City with video....

http://www.nfl.com/ohioriveroffense

"I think Sam Wyche is very undervalued or underappreciated for what he lent to the game," Brandt says. "He was kind of like a mad scientist."

Totally agree.  And an awesome QB guru.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:34 PM)3wt Wrote: Totally agree.  And an awesome QB guru.

Yes.....as was his mentor Walsh, and Walsh insisting that it be called the "Midwest Offense" or "Ohio Offense" was something I was unaware of.....the first part of the article about Greg Cook and the accompanying video really tugs at the heart strings.  What could've been.....

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes.....as was his mentor Walsh, and Walsh insisting that it be called the "Midwest Offense" or "Ohio Offense" was something I was unaware of.....the first part of the article about Greg Cook and the accompanying video really tugs at the heart strings.  What could've been.....

I don't know which of the weekly shows he was on locally this year, but Lap said to him, "Chip Kelly doesn't hold a candle to you" - which Wyche quickly deflected.

So many what ifs: what if Cook doesn't get hurt?  What if Walsh is made head coach?  What if Wyche is never fired?  What if Mr. Brown, doesn't draft Klingler, doesn't draft Smith, agrees to pay Boomer in '97?

We whiffed on a lot of opportunity (obviously not on Cook).
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:45 PM)3wt Wrote: I don't know which of the weekly shows he was on locally this year, but Lap said to him, "Chip Kelly doesn't hold a candle to you" - which Wyche quickly deflected.

So many what ifs: what if Cook doesn't get hurt?  What if Walsh is made head coach?  What if Wyche is never fired?  What if Mr. Brown, doesn't draft Klingler, doesn't draft Smith, agrees to pay Boomer in '97?

We whiffed on a lot of opportunity (obviously not on Cook).

We're the biggest "what if" story in professional sports..... Sad

Reply/Quote
Good read Wyche, thanks for posting !

That whole saga brings back many memories. And yes Wyche was an undervalued HC in the end. He kinda got lost in the fallout of all that !
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 06:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Good read Wyche, thanks for posting !

That whole saga brings back many memories. And yes Wyche was an undervalued HC in the end. He kinda got lost in the fallout of all that !

Not just here, but in Tampa as well.  A lot of folks credit Dungy or Gruden.....but guess who drafted Sapp, Lynch, and Derrick Brooks?

Reply/Quote