Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now THIS, pisses me off.
Chad had his antics but he has made an effort to stop all that stuff and just be a bengals fan .

I think it's time to lighten up on the guy. He was a great Bengal. End of
Reply/Quote
5-0 and not concerned with talking Chad/Ocho right now. Maybe in off season.

Right now just worried about beating Buffalo and becoming 6=0
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:04 AM)Shady Wrote: I appreciate your point. People shouldn't be so quick to attack Chad. As a football player, Chad Johnson is an all-time great. As a person, he made alot of stupid moves that distracted him and dragged him down. He has to own that, but people don't need to dwell on it.

Agreed. Chad will always be an all-time Bengals great, regardless of what some say. He's our all-time leading WR and he was arguably the centerpiece of those teams that brought the Bengals back to respectability. People really need to get over the 2010 season and welcome Chad back.

Tbh, I think Chad was unfairly made into the fall guy for the disappointments in 2008 and 2010. Those teams did not fall apart due to anything Chad did. AJ Hawk currently does a regular podcast that's no different than the "TOcho show", yet no one says a word about it. It's funny how winning and losing changes people's perspective.

Btw, it's cool to see AJ and Chad together. At least AJ can appreciate what Chad was able to accomplish.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Chad was awesome for us and he should be more appreciated by Bengals fan. Early in his career the dude slept in Paul Brown stadium on Tuesdays nights so he could an early start on film on wedsdays. The dude is our all time leading receiver and he made the game weeks fun. Could he have handled himself better? Sure but he wasn't the only one from that era that you can say that about.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:27 AM)Go Cards Wrote: 5-0 and not concerned with talking Chad/Ocho right now. Maybe in off season.

Right now just worried about beating Buffalo and becoming 6=0

Oh cool, so your playing in the game against Buffalo? What position i'll keep an eye out.  

Reply/Quote
Don't really care about facebook comments. It's where a picture of a Nazi eating kittens could get thousands of" likes"..
Chad could flat out catch the ball .. If one comment on facebook is going to get in AJ's head and ruin his career then there's something seriously wrong with the universe. I want to move to a new one then.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 03:57 AM)grampahol Wrote: Don't really care about facebook comments. It's where a picture of a Nazi eating kittens could get thousands of" likes"..
Chad could flat out catch the ball .. If one comment on facebook is going to get in AJ's head and ruin his career then there's something seriously wrong with the universe. I want to move to a new one then.

You know grampahol, I don't generally care what the media or other fans have to say about our team. But when it comes from our own and on such a nice post on a beautiful day.. well it just irked me.

Reply/Quote
Who cares if the fans are dissing this wife-beater? They're absolutely right: all of a sudden he's Cincy's biggest fan again because he noticed they're in the headlines.

Chad will always be Chad: the ultimate attention *****. And a wife-beater.
Reply/Quote
Reuben:
Haha Me too. Cocky aZZ mofo. Not a fan of Beckam Jr at all!
Reply/Quote
If you read the post-quotes, they insinuate Chad was in the locker room. lol. Poorly written article or it's true.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 07:05 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If you read the post-quotes, they insinuate Chad was in the locker room. lol. Poorly written article or it's true.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was hanging around the locker room. He's been around the sideline during preseason (before we were 5-0). He's friends with some of the players and talks regularly with Marv and Hue. 

Chad is on good terms with everyone around the Bengals, except for a few stubborn and butt-hurt fans who only remember the negative and forget the positive. It's unfortunate, because the positives far exceeded the negatives.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Chad was the ring leader for putting Cincinnati back on the map. Like others have said he made it fun again in a world that had been total heartbreak. How anyone can hate him I'll never know ?

Did Ocho-Cinco get out of control ? No doubt, but I'll always love Chad and in the end I'll always believe he meant well.
Reply/Quote
True but like others said he's a wife-beater. Strictly football terms I liked chad. His personality is a little off the wall, I wish he could turn into a coach of some sort - he was apparently with pacman (lol).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I loved watching Chad play. He was electric. But on a personal level I have little respect for him. Great football player that still has a lot of growing up to do.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:49 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Oh i dunno why can't the comment be  "Cool Pic" "Who Dey" or something POSITIVE.  ?

general rule people are assholes behind a keyboard
Reply/Quote
From the Bengals website:

CHAD ON SIDELINES: Chad Johnson, the Bengals all-time leading receiver, was at the Bengals hotel Saturday night and on the sidelines before the game before heading into a Bengals box to watch the game.
“Statement game. I need to be here,” Johnson said.
Johnson said he wanted to see the matchup with Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green and Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman “up close and personal so I can dissect it. You can’t see it on TV.”
Johnson spent about two hours with offensive coordinator Hue Jackson at Capital Grille Saturday talking all things football. Johnson is still extremely close to his receivers coach in Cincy from 2004-06.
“Probably the best coach I ever had position-wise,” Johnson said. “You don’t get much better than that.”
Johnson is raving about both Green and quarterback Andy Dalton.
“A.J. is awesome. The one thing he does that I couldn’t do was jump and get the damn ball,” he said. “Andy Dalton is unbelievable. You know what it’s like to be a fan and just sit back and know he’s taken your to the playoffs every year?”
At 37, Johnson looks like he can still run a nine route.
“Yeah,’ he said. “But I can’t take a hit.”
Reply/Quote
Chad was the spark that helped get Cincy back on the map(even with Kitna).

I'll never forget those great football moments.

More good ones than bad ones...  that's for sure.

As far as the OP.

People say the dumbest stuff online.  No one person/thing/topic is untouchable.

I agree.  It's sad.  

We just can't have nice things!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote