Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need to reestablish the run game next week
As thrilling and amazing the comeback was yesterday, I'd much prefer to keep the lead with a dominant running game. I know the seahawks have a great defense, and they were stacking the box a lot, but that's no excuse. If we want to be the best team in the NFL we need to be able to punch the other teams in the mouth and run it even when they are doing everything they can to stop us from running.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:23 PM)treee Wrote: As thrilling and amazing the comeback was yesterday, I'd much prefer to keep the lead with a dominant running game. I know the seahawks have a great defense, and they were stacking the box a lot, but that's no excuse. If we want to be the best team in the NFL we need to be able to punch the other teams in the mouth and run it even when they are doing everything they can to stop us from running.

Bills Run D doesnt drop off that much it will be a hard front 7 to consistantly run the ball on i think.
Reply/Quote
We need to get Hill out of his funk. Run games seems established with Gio in. But we learned last season we can't overwork him or he'll break down eventually. Not sure what is up with Hill.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
You take what the defense gives you and for the most part we did. If it wasn't for a bad pick by Dalton and the fumble 6, this team did great.

I get what you are saying, but Seattle said "Ok Andy Dalton, beat us." and he did. They didn't give us any room to run.

When people start dropping people back to cover all of our receivers, the run game will come to fruition.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You take what the defense gives you and for the most part we did. If it wasn't for a bad pick by Dalton and the fumble 6, this team did great.

I get what you are saying, but Seattle said "Ok Andy Dalton, beat us." and he did. They didn't give us any room to run.

When people start dropping people back to cover all of our receivers, the run game will come to fruition.

You're right. They were daring us to beat them through the air and we did, eventually. We really need to get our ground game established still. 
Reply/Quote
We go from playing number 2 defense to playing the number 3 run defense only good news is we can take advantage of there secondary a little as long as we keep there front 4 out of the backfield.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:38 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: We go from playing number 2 defense to playing the number 3 run defense only good news is we can take advantage of there secondary a little as long as we keep there front 4 out of the backfield.

I think this game too will come down to Dalton and the pass offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:23 PM)treee Wrote: As thrilling and amazing the comeback was yesterday, I'd much prefer to keep the lead with a dominant running game. I know the seahawks have a great defense, and they were stacking the box a lot, but that's no excuse. If we want to be the best team in the NFL we need to be able to punch the other teams in the mouth and run it even when they are doing everything they can to stop us from running.

Seeing as we average over a hundred yards a game running, and over 300 yards in the air, I would say we're actually quite balanced which is a good thing.

Thanks to Geos awesome 5.5 YPC avg, with 2 20+ yard runs.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: We need to get Hill out of his funk. Run games seems established with Gio in. But we learned last season we can't overwork him or he'll break down eventually. Not sure what is up with Hill.

Seattle has the best defense in the league in terms of YPC (tied with three other teams), and Buffalo's good, too, but I think we need to let Hill get into a rhythm running the ball.

He had a few nice runs to start the game yesterday, but then it seemed like we went completely away from him.

We're not going to be able to win every game through the air, especially in the cold, so we need to start giving Hill row ball 20 to 25 times a game again with Dalton under center because even the good defenses can't stop him, even when they sell-out to stop the run, which he proved last year.
Reply/Quote
no doubt we will run it.... just how well is a question i think i saw something today dalton is 33-3-1 when we run it 30 times
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You take what the defense gives you and for the most part we did. If it wasn't for a bad pick by Dalton and the fumble 6, this team did great.

This is it right here.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

This is how I see it as well. If they are stacking the line, pass. If they are dropped back for coverage, run.  Most of Andy's throws this year have been nearly perfect so if they want to crowd the line, throw it!
Reply/Quote
Our run wasn't working yesterday until the 4th qtr. I think next week it will be back to normal.

Reply/Quote
Pick your poison. Stop Hill and Gio and let Andy pick you apart with our receivers, starting with AJ. Or try to stop the pass and let Hill and Gio pummel you. So far, nobody can do both.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
The one thing I've noticed, and think is one of the biggest reasons the Bengals are winning, they are only taking what the opposing teams are giving them. Andy isn't trying to force things and do too much. We take what both the offense and the defense that the opposition is showing.

That, and a few Eiffert and Tate circus catches are making this team quite good.

Can't forget Gio. With his Sophomore slump already behind him, he looks better than he did in his rookie year.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 04:17 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: The one thing I've noticed, and think is one of the biggest reasons the Bengals are winning, they are only taking what the opposing teams are giving them.  Andy isn't trying to force things and do too much.  We take what both the offense and the defense that the opposition is showing.

That, and a few Eiffert and Tate circus catches are making this team quite good.

Can't forget Gio.  With his Sophomore slump already behind him, he looks better than he did in his rookie year.

Yep!!!  As much as I love seeing a good run game and hope we get it rolling next week, I also love how we are taking what the other team gives us.  It is great to see how we adjust to what the other team is doing and not panicking because something isn't working.  If they want to take away the run game, fine, I'll be happy to watch Andy air it out all over the field.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Understand....we put up a 100 rushing yards....on the Seahawks. That's impressive in and of itself.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to know if the Bills run D being ranked so good is a combo of how bad their pass D is AND the talent they have. Bills pass D is worst in the league so it's not like teams are going to run it 40 times on them. I wonder if we came in ready to run it 40 times, would they be able to stop it?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bills Run D doesnt drop off that much it will be a hard front 7 to consistantly run the ball on i think.

All the more reason to keep on shredding pass defenses.   If you ask me, making Andy beat you keeps looking more and more like a big mistake.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Seattle has the best defense in the league in terms of YPC (tied with three other teams), and Buffalo's good, too, but I think we need to let Hill get into a rhythm running the ball.

He had a few nice runs to start the game yesterday, but then it seemed like we went completely away from him.

We're not going to be able to win every game through the air, especially in the cold, so we need to start giving Hill row ball 20 to 25 times a game again with Dalton under center because even the good defenses can't stop him, even when they sell-out to stop the run, which he proved last year.

he was ineffective yesterday  8 rushes for 13 yards, no run i believe over 5 yards... compared to Gio 15 for 80.  if you are only getting 1 or 2 yards a carry, you are going to must likely have to pass during that series also.. .. especially in 1st half.. in our first series he had 2 rushes for zero yards.. 2nd series, he did have a 5 yard gain but that was after we had the holding call on AJ's touchdown so that setup a 2 and 15 and we attempted to pass next two downs.  3rd series.. Gio was in and i believe 4th series also. 5th series.. Hill rushed 1 time for zero yards.

After the terrible 3rd quarter... we went all shotgun to comeback and used Gio effective out of the backfield.

Bottom line is he is averaging about 12 carries a game for a weak 3.0 yard average.. that is just too low to afford getting more and more carries when you have such a low average.
Reply/Quote