Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think Zampese will have innovated during the bye week.
(11-06-2016, 08:44 PM)Housh Wrote: So when he's not involved ALOT we lose. No trolling needed bro. He's having INSANE games VS the crap teams and it's making up for games like Pitt and Dallas where Zamp just can't create a game plan that can get him the ball

Have you considered the fact that teams, the Patriots for instance, are bracketing him out so the QB is making the right play to not force it to him and instead throwing to the singe coverage receiver?

I know Uzomoah has had plenty hit off his hands that would have been big gains and moved us into scoring range, and I'm pretty sure many of those balls were going his way because of the attention being paid to Green by the defenses.  But somehow this is the OC's fault?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green is leading the league in receptions and is #2 in yards.

I smell a troll.

(11-06-2016, 08:38 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Only a troll can smell a troll because you're the biggest troll on these boards. 

Both of you - stop this now. Take it off line or in a PM, just not on this board. Last chance to keep it friendly.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 09:00 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Both of you - stop this now. Take it off line or in a PM, just not on this board. Last chance to keep it friendly.

Ok I quit lol Ill just ignore him
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 08:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Have you considered the fact that teams, the Patriots for instance, are bracketing him out so the QB is making the right play to not force it to him and instead throwing to the singe coverage receiver?

I know Uzomoah has had plenty hit off his hands that would have been big gains and moved us into scoring range, and I'm pretty sure many of those balls were going his way because of the attention being paid to Green by the defenses.  But somehow this is the OC's fault?

I understand you but when should you ever go whole quarters without targeting a guy like Green? Whole halfs? They aren't double teaming him every single play of the game. That'd be stupid to do. Zamp lacks the ability to throw off defenses. How about more Green in the slot so you can't double him? It's like he's stuck in 1985
Reply/Quote
Y'all are trippin, the offense isn't even a problem anymore. We scored 4 TDs last week and were perfect in the red zone.

The defense is the issue; Guenther needs to abandon this soft zone shit and we can get back in business!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 11:11 PM)treee Wrote: Maybe I'm just being an optimist, but I believe we will see a very high powered offense next Sunday. I'm betting we put at least 30 points on the board so if our D can hold it will be a statement game and what ultimately keeps us in hopes for the post season.

I do believe the Offense will be much better but mostly cause Eifert is back and Boyd will get better.

The O-line has to block well though.

The Defensive coaches are what make me think we don't make the Playoffs, but it might just be them needing time.

This is my inner optimist talking. Gained an outer negative nancy after that tie that should of been a win.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Also, why did the other TEs sit when Eifert became healthy?  We should have two in the field and maybe even sometimes three.  I know you all saw the TE screen worked to perfection three times against Washington.  That not only slows the rush, but is high % and is good for 10 yards almost every flippin time.  Run it with Uzomah!  Have Eifert stay in to block.  The defense totally keys in on Eifert when he is in there...with good blocking, a TE screen to Uzo on the other side could be huge.

It is also the closest thing the Bengals run to a misdirection play.  

Honest question, who do we send to the bench when we decide to run a 3 TE set?
Reply/Quote
I think Zampese and the offense are going to be ok, but I laugh at the idea that after an offseason and the first 8 weeks without innovation, Zampese will innovate because he got last Sunday off from work.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2016, 08:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Honest question, who do we send to the bench when we decide to run a 3 TE set?

You leave AJ on the field as the single WR, which means LaFell and Boyd are on the sideline. Since we apparently only dress two tight ends this year, Hewitt operates as the 3rd tight end along with Eifert and Kroft/Uzomah. Fisher also could be used at TE3, but I like Hewitt in the role because he provides a lot of flexibility.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 02:27 AM)lostpoet2 Wrote: I think Zampese and the offense are going to be ok, but I laugh at the idea that after an offseason and the first 8 weeks without innovation, Zampese will innovate because he got last Sunday off from work.

I'm in the camp that he is doing the best he can with the Oline performance up to this point. RT is barely stable, Z was underperforming for a while there, and our C can't play against the 3-4 apparently.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2016, 08:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Honest question, who do we send to the bench when we decide to run a 3 TE set?

Lafell.  The formation would have Green on one side (just back from the LOS, so the TE is free to go out in a pattern), a TE on the other side and a TE (Eifert) split out wide on the other side.  Single back.  As much attention as is paid to Eifert and Green, either TE can stay in to block for the RB, either can go out in a pattern, and the RB can also go out in the flat.  I like it because it screams run formation and you better have some folks in to stop the run but you can pass out of it with 4 targets and the defense doesn't know which TE will release.  It is unpredictable, allows for a better running game, and I think guys like Uzomah and Kroft need to be on the field more to show what they can do as receivers.

For the opposing defense, your receivers, other than your RB, go 6'4", 6'5", 6'5", and 6'6".  Have fun covering that.  

And no, it isn't just because Belichek does it...this is a formation that fits our personnel very well.  
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 02:34 AM)lostpoet2 Wrote: You leave AJ on the field as the single WR, which means LaFell and Boyd are on the sideline. Since we apparently only dress two tight ends this year, Hewitt operates as the 3rd tight end along with Eifert and Kroft/Uzomah. Fisher also could be used at TE3, but I like Hewitt in the role because he provides a lot of flexibility.

Hewitt is another potential option.  I didn't realize we only dressed two TEs.  I guess that explains Uzomah's disappearing act.  I can't believe that James Wright is really that much more valuable than Uzomah on special teams.  He sure as hell isn't near the offensive weapon. 
Reply/Quote
Just our of curiosity what has Zampese ever done for anyone to think he can innovate anything?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2016, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Lafell.  The formation would have Green on one side (just back from the LOS, so the TE is free to go out in a pattern), a TE on the other side and a TE (Eifert) split out wide on the other side.  Single back.  As much attention as is paid to Eifert and Green, either TE can stay in to block for the RB, either can go out in a pattern, and the RB can also go out in the flat.  I like it because it screams run formation and you better have some folks in to stop the run but you can pass out of it with 4 targets and the defense doesn't know which TE will release.  It is unpredictable, allows for a better running game, and I think guys like Uzomah and Kroft need to be on the field more to show what they can do as receivers.

For the opposing defense, your receivers, other than your RB, go 6'4", 6'5", 6'5", and 6'6".  Have fun covering that.  

And no, it isn't just because Belichek does it...this is a formation that fits our personnel very well.  

Oy that's really saying something when the "put a bunch of tall guys out there!" narratives from the offseason return 10 weeks into the regular season!
Reply/Quote
I can't get through all these but I'll tell you that A.J. Green doesn't feel the same way - he says no coordinator has put him in more positions to get the ball. Told me that today, actually. Story on the roots of the offense coming on Monday.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2016, 12:27 AM)jowczarski Wrote: I can't get through all these but I'll tell you that A.J. Green doesn't feel the same way - he says no coordinator has put him in more positions to get the ball. Told me that today, actually. Story on the roots of the offense coming on Monday.

Good stuff. Thanks for the info. I agree that they are really building around AJ this year and he has stepped up to the call.
Reply/Quote
That makes one of us.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2016, 12:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oy that's really saying something when the "put a bunch of tall guys out there!" narratives from the offseason return 10 weeks into the regular season!

It is much more than just "putting tall guys out there".  It gives you run formations, if you want them, out of the same personnel groups.  You can go no-huddle without substitutions as well.  
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2016, 12:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is much more than just "putting tall guys out there".  It gives you run formations, if you want them, out of the same personnel groups.  You can go no-huddle without substitutions as well.  

I would really like to see them do that.  I touched on this, earlier in the season.  Allow Andy to find a favorable matchup in the opposing defense, and go no huddle.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You really can't rely on one or two or three players to win every game when there are always 22 men on the field every snap. Not trying to take anything away from AJ, Eifert or Andy, but let's be realistic. They need 19 other guys to start playing lights out as well.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote