Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think the blocking scheme is settled, and it's not wide zone
Since they dumped wide zone for gap the improvement in the run game has been dramatic, and today it is even more so as even with no Mixon they lit up the Chiefs for 150+ on the ground. Also noteworthy, in 12 games we have surrendered 37 sacks but 18 of them are in three games. In the other 9 we've given up 19 which is a touch over 2 per game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: Since they dumped wide zone for gap the improvement in the run game has been dramatic, and today it is even more so as even with no Mixon they lit up the Chiefs for 150+ on the ground. Also noteworthy, in 12 games we have surrendered 37 sacks but 18 of them are in three games. In the other 9 we've given up 19 which is a touch over 2 per game.

Whatever their doing, it was such a delight seeing a clean pocket where Burrow could survey the field. Such a far cry when we worried on every play if he would be running for his life.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: Since they dumped wide zone for gap the improvement in the run game has been dramatic, and today it is even more so as even with no Mixon they lit up the Chiefs for 150+ on the ground. Also noteworthy, in 12 games we have surrendered 37 sacks but 18 of them are in three games. In the other 9 we've given up 19 which is a touch over 2 per game.

I discussed it with someone with direct knowledge. He said they’ve simplified everything and made everything Mano y Mano. The OL has their man to block. Mixon was jumping around too much so it really suits Perine because he’s a bull. But Mixon is doing better now as he’s not having to react.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I discussed it with someone with direct knowledge. He said they’ve simplified everything and made everything Mano y Mano. The OL has their man to block. Mixon was jumping around too much so it really suits Perine because he’s a bull. But Mixon is doing better now as he’s not having to react.

Yep! You can see it. The decided their line with five maulers on it is better off using a simple power scheme. And it shows. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yep! You can see it. The decided their line with five maulers on it is better off using a simple power scheme. And it shows. 

Volson has really improved
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I discussed it with someone with direct knowledge. He said they’ve simplified everything and made everything Mano y Mano. The OL has their man to block. Mixon was jumping around too much so it really suits Perine because he’s a bull. But Mixon is doing better now as he’s not having to react.

Did your source say anything else about Mixon?

Reply/Quote