Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think there is still some concern
I think the coaches still have some concern about Jeremy Hill's fumbling. The game plan today indicated that to me. They gave Hill the ball alot in short yardage situations, but the key to me was the final drive. When the Bengals were trying to run out the clock at the end of the game, who played all the snaps? Gio did. I think they wanted his sure hands in there. I don't think this is a bad thing, I think the coaches are making him prove it again before he is more fully trusted. I like that out of the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
THe first play they did a toss to Hill (the same play he fumbled on the last time he touched the ball!).

My concern is the Defense thinking they can bend every drive, because the offense is averaging 30pts a game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: THe first play they did a toss to Hill (the same play he fumbled on the last time he touched the ball!).

My concern is the Defense thinking they can bend every drive, because the offense is averaging 30pts a game.

What are you talking about? The Defense held them out of the endzone. Me and you as Bengals fans have totally different concerns.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:52 PM)Fresno B Wrote: What are you talking about? The Defense held them out of the endzone. Me and you as Bengals fans have totally different concerns.

I think you might be the only person in the world who thinks giving up almost 500 yards and points on almost every possession is a good day. You must think our defense is one of the worst in the league of that's a good day for you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bending hence fgs breaking would mean allowing TDs we do give up a decent amount of passing yards
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: THe first play they did a toss to Hill (the same play he fumbled on the last time he touched the ball!).

With Adam Jones out, George Iloka out, and DreKirk playing hurt, we had no choice but to bend.  Hope we get Jones and Iloka back next week.
Reply/Quote
Been 2 weeks in a row that the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. It's somewhat concerning...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Slowly getting his confidence back, plus give it to the back that has better ball security, I dont see a problem in that. When Hill gets the ball security and trust then he can hold the rock end of the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: I think the coaches still have some concern about Jeremy Hill's fumbling. The game plan today indicated that to me. They gave Hill the ball alot in short yardage situations, but the key to me was the final drive. When the Bengals were trying to run out the clock at the end of the game, who played all the snaps? Gio did. I think they wanted his sure hands in there. I don't think this is a bad thing, I think the coaches are making him prove it again before he is more fully trusted. I like that out of the coaching staff.

Personally, I think it's great to see.  It keeps players from becoming complacent if the coaches show that they are willing to ride the hot hand, and Gio is playing very well.  Mental mistakes will continue if players aren't held accountable, and reducing playing time for guys who make repeated errors is the best way.  Same thing with Jones getting pulled after a drop and a false start today.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:56 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think you might be the only person in the world who thinks giving up almost 500 yards and points on almost every possession is a good day. You must think our defense is one of the worst in the league of that's a good day for you.

When your offense scores quickly the defense is on the field more no? That away to use the noggin. Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: I think the coaches still have some concern about Jeremy Hill's fumbling. The game plan today indicated that to me. They gave Hill the ball alot in short yardage situations, but the key to me was the final drive. When the Bengals were trying to run out the clock at the end of the game, who played all the snaps? Gio did. I think they wanted his sure hands in there. I don't think this is a bad thing, I think the coaches are making him prove it again before he is more fully trusted. I like that out of the coaching staff.

I think there's some truth in there.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:00 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Been 2 weeks in a row that the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. It's somewhat concerning...

The great thing about concerns when your team is 4-0 is those concerns did not turn into losses.

Also, it is great to have weakness exposed now so we can fix it next game or before the end of the season.

Our offense dropped another TD pass today, missed an easy field goal and overcame a ton of penalties. Oh yeah, they also scored 36 points in spite of the fact the T.O.P. was lopsided and the offense was barely on the field.

I love this team from top to bottom and feel they still have yet to play a complete game (other than Raiders) so lots of room to get better.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It's not so much a concern, rather common sense. You are running out the clock, use the RB with the safest hands. When Hill broke last year Gio wasn't running as well, as a result Hill had more carries, however fumbles were still a slight issue. Now Gio is running arguably better than Hill and still has the better hands it makes sense to use him more. I think the coaches are playing it just right. We have two fantastic 2nd rd RBS, use them both to their strengths. Why risk a fumble by giving Hill the ball.

Reply/Quote
Some of the threads today have been of very low quality in my humble opinion.
Reply/Quote
Everybody involved has handled this situation very well.

Jeremy got his mojo back today.  He looked like Jeremy again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:00 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Been 2 weeks in a row that the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. It's somewhat concerning...

Didn't all 7 FGs come after a third down stop?

Bengals have 13th best 3rd down defense in the league (38%)
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: My concern is the Defense thinking they can bend every drive,

Yeah. right.  I am sure the defense was saying "Hey lets give up a bunch of yards.  It doesn't matter because our offense is hot."
Reply/Quote
I don't agree. They were down by 3 possessions at that point. We weren't in a situation where we needed to play it as safe as possible. It wouldn't have mattered if Hill had fumbled, the game was won at that point. The way I took them putting Gio in was just "Hey Jeremy, take a seat, you scored 3 TDs today. You've done more than your fair share."
Reply/Quote
Kansas City has a great offense. To hold them to only field goals says a lot to me
Reply/Quote
Yeah but now KC is 1-3!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote