Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think there is still some concern
Andy Reid has some good weapons at his disposal, and he's a heckuva coach. Defense is solid with room for improvement.

We're getting after the Qb again thanks mainly to Geno returning to form. Lotta yards today but the defense is gonna be all right.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: THe first play they did a toss to Hill (the same play he fumbled on the last time he touched the ball!).

My concern is the Defense thinking they can bend every drive, because the offense is averaging 30pts a game.

This is a good point.  It seems to be human nature to ease up once you are up two scores in a game.  Some of it is scheme.  They rarely play aggressive (even in the second quarter Sad  ) when they are up two scores.

One thing I liked was I saw Will Clarke get a few snaps, and Gilberry was rotating in with MJ as well.  I know it is a great problem to have, but I wish they could have Pat Sims and Brandon Thompson as well active so Geno and Peko could both get some rest.  Ditto Hunt, who is a great insurance policy, but he isn't learning new pass rushing moves by sitting. 

I know I'm really nitpicking here, but I would also like to see more of Burkhead in the slot.  The guy has earned some snaps.  He came within a few inches of a huge scoring play. Ditto Tyler Kroft.  More than just a blocker.  Let's see him catch a few passes.  I want to keep Eifert healthy as well. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:56 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think you might be the only person in the world who thinks giving up almost 500 yards and points on almost every possession is a good day. You must think our defense is one of the worst in the league of that's a good day for you.

Well, to be fair, they had a HUGE advantage in time of possession and when the Bengals spent a good portion of the game up two scores, the defensive scheme became more one of "bend but don't break" and prevented big plays.  They did tighten up very well in the red zone. 

I understand your point about the yardage, but the defense had them at 18 points before another garbage drive FG late.  That is doing your job good enough to get a win.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Didn't all 7 FGs come after a third down stop?

Bengals have 13th best 3rd down defense in the league (38%)

Andy might have kicked a few times on third down.

I'm pretty sure he had Santo on his fantasy team.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 03:12 AM)Passepartout Wrote: Yeah but now KC is 1-3!

And that is what can happen when you have a stretch of Denver, Green Bay, and Cincinnati. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:30 PM)Fresno B Wrote: When your offense scores quickly the defense is on the field more no? That away to use the noggin. Cool

Only if they can't get off the field on 3rd down themselves!
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Didn't all 7 FGs come after a third down stop?

Bengals have 13th best 3rd down defense in the league (38%)

Yes, when the field get's compressed closer to the goal line.  Giving up all that yardage and time of possession will eventually burn them if they don't get it corrected.
Reply/Quote