Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think we go tackle in the 2nd
They need to cut some more salary, and Bobby Hart IMO is a waste of money.

I think they need to grab a tackle in round 2, and hope a guy like Gay is there in the 3rd.

Still though, everything depends on if there is a run on tackles or LBers or both
Reply/Quote
Has Lapham spoke yet? I'm guessing that he'll have to put his "prediction" on the 2nd round prospect this season, in light of all things..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So, basically what you're saying is we don't know anything until after the 32nd pick when we know who is available because right now they could go in numerous directions depending on who gets drafted before their pick?

Cool insight!
Reply/Quote
My Guess is that the Bengals will go OT or WR round 2 & 3. That is, of course, unless there is an unexpected drop of a highly rare athlete at #33.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 09:15 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: They need to cut some more salary, and Bobby Hart IMO is a waste of money.  

I think they need to grab a tackle in round 2, and hope a guy like Gay is there in the 3rd.  

Still though, everything depends on if there is a run on tackles or LBers or both

Hart isn't a waste of money, he is just being paid too much. He should be the backup unless he really improves.

Don't like Gay Jr until the 6th round with his flags.

Josh Jones is the dude I want at 33. Mel Kiper has him as our pick in his latest Mock. Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 09:26 PM)Mobster Wrote: So, basically what you're saying is we don't know anything until after the 32nd pick when we know who is available because right now they could go in numerous directions depending on who gets drafted before their pick?

Cool insight!

I'm picking up your sarcasm 
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy with a tackle at 33. I doubt Josh Jones is available though. I just don't see him making it past the Packers, if he makes it that far.

It really depends how the 1st round goes. We'll have our choice of a solid edge player, possibly a linebacker that falls... There will be a safety or two we could take, although I'd rather see another position after adding Bell. Tackle is certainly a possibility. WR. There's a lot of options. I don't want that tight end from Notre Dame though--he can't block. There will be some good running backs available if they are wanting to move on from Mixon. I'd rather not though.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 09:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Has Lapham spoke yet?  I'm guessing that he'll have to put his "prediction" on the 2nd round prospect this season, in light of all things..

I doubt he'll make an intelligent prediction this year. No way Duke, Zac, or any of the other coaches are going to film their board and send it to him and Hoard. If anything, we'll have to wait for Friday night after the team has reset their board.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Josh Jones, Denzel Mims, Michael Pittman.

Zack Baun if those guys aren't there.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
We have to improve the o line so Burrow doesn't get shell shocked.

I think a WR is a luxury .

Got be an OT or LB depending on who falls out of first round.

I think our coaches saw a lot of the OT from Houston at the senior bowl but maybe I'm wrong
Reply/Quote
Ive seen Ezra Cleveland shoot up to mid 20's. I think there will be a run on tackles early. Obviously nobody knows what will happen but I want Burrow to have a solid O line. We have seen what happened to Andrew Luck.

If the LB core sucks for another year, so be it
Reply/Quote
I'm not righting off any postion besides QB and that's because they took Joe Burrow in round one.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 10:13 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not righting off any postion besides QB and that's because they took Joe Burrow in round one.

I was thinking about this the other day. Remembering the draft when the Redskins bet the farm to trade up for RG3. And took Cousins later in the draft. We know how that worked out. Highly unlikely considering the QBs on our roster right now. But just an interesting piece of early QB pick history
Reply/Quote
The closer it gets the more I feel they are targeting instant impact players at least through day 2.

We know they like Hart. They gave him all that money and we know they like Jonah considering where he was picked. And Fred Johnson is our swing tackle. I would love a tackle but I think they are more happy with our tackle situation than I am.

I would love it if we double dipped at tackle on day two. Isaiah Wilson in 2 then Prince Tega in 3. I would love to be able to complain about what are we going to do with all these OL.

But I think it is going to be a LB and an offensive weapon taken on day two.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 10:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The closer it gets the more I feel they are targeting instant impact players at least through day 2.

We know they like Hart. They gave him all that money and we know they like Jonah considering where he was picked. And Fred Johnson is our swing tackle. I would love a tackle but I think they are more happy with our tackle situation than I am.

I would love it if we double dipped at tackle on day two. Isaiah Wilson in 2 then Prince Tega in 3. I would love to be able to complain about what are we going to do with all these OL.

But I think it is going to be a LB and an offensive weapon taken on day two.

Two OTs would be okay if one of them could move inside to G.  I would be amazed if we got the chance at two of them.  I'm just hoping we can run into one.The OLine has to become a strength.

I could see them having a T they like, a receiver they like and a LB they like at 33.  You're bound to see one of the three.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The cut to Marvin Lewis...

With the 33rd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...

Isaiah Wilson Tackle University of Georgia.

You know I like them Bulldogs!

Giggle giggle giggle
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 11:11 PM)McC Wrote: Two OTs would be okay if one of them could move inside to G.  I would be amazed if we got the chance at two of them.  I'm just hoping we can run into one.The OLine has to become a strength.

I could see them having a T they like, a receiver they like and a LB they like at 33.  You're bound to see one of the three.

People keep bringing up Tackles; but, we are just fine there now. Jonah, Hart and Fred will all be just fine with Burrow at QB. 

Everyone has forgotten that Jonah did not give up 1 sack all year long in his Senior year. He's a technician, takes the game like a business, and will be just fine on the left side. 
And, Hart gave up 6 sacks and countless pressures last year. But, he had a QB who couldn't feel pressure and was "shell shocked" most of the time whenever pressure came his way. 

Now, the next time someone gets around Hart off the edge, they have Burrow who loves to step up in the pocket and scramble to his right. It's his favorite thing to do in all the games I watched him in. 

So, Hart (or Johnson) should give up less sacks this year and we'll be fine.

We need the help at LG now, with more competition at RG as well. That's where I see them attacking this draft, 3rd or 4th rounds. 
The only other high up move I can see them doing is Isaiah Wilson with their 2nd round pick (maybe after trading down). 
And, moving him inside to RG his 1st year. Dude is 6'6", 350 lbs. I'd love him at RG for us as a Rookie. Xavier could move over to LG if needed. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 12:09 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: People keep bringing up Tackles; but, we are just fine there now. Jonah, Hart and Fred will all be just fine with Burrow at QB. 

Everyone has forgotten that Jonah did not give up 1 sack all year long in his Senior year. He's a technician, takes the game like a business, and will be just fine on the left side. 
And, Hart gave up 6 sacks and countless pressures last year. But, he had a QB who couldn't feel pressure and was "shell shocked" most of the time whenever pressure came his way. 

Now, the next time someone gets around Hart off the edge, they have Burrow who loves to step up in the pocket and scramble to his right. It's his favorite thing to do in all the games I watched him in. 

So, Hart (or Johnson) should give up less sacks this year and we'll be fine.

We need the help at LG now, with more competition at RG as well. That's where I see them attacking this draft, 3rd or 4th rounds. 
The only other high up move I can see them doing is Isaiah Wilson with their 2nd round pick (maybe after trading down). 
And, moving him inside to RG his 1st year. Dude is 6'6", 350 lbs. I'd love him at RG for us as a Rookie. Xavier could move over to LG if needed. 

Guard is our biggest need on Offense, you make some good points here.

Jonah was the best OL in that entire Draft no doubt. I just want to see it come to fruition before we say it is set in stone.

Xavier should be LG as that is where he plays the best. RG is where we need an upgrade big time.
Reply/Quote
I hope you're right, but the latest rumor is that they'll be looking for pass rushers after the first round. That could mean Baun or Epenesa, in 2.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 09:49 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I'd be happy with a tackle at 33. I doubt Josh Jones is available though. I just don't see him making it past the Packers, if he makes it that far.

It really depends how the 1st round goes. We'll have our choice of a solid edge player, possibly a linebacker that falls... There will be a safety or two we could take, although I'd rather see another position after adding Bell. Tackle is certainly a possibility. WR. There's a lot of options. I don't want that tight end from Notre Dame though--he can't block. There will be some good running backs available if they are wanting to move on from Mixon. I'd rather not though.

Yeah, I'm prepared for Jones and another OT to be off the board, as well as Queen and Murray at LB.  The trade down option could work for Cincy may become the best option.

-I want a OT, but  BPA could become a guard like Ruiz, Simpson or Cushenberry and start.  There are so many B- level tackles like Wilson, Jackson, Niang, Cleveland and Hunt. As long as you land one of these guys by the top of the 3rd you're good. 

-You can tell by this thread that they can go any number of ways at 33 but have two needed starters at OL and LB.  Dealing down a few for an extra 4th lets you do both and still land a BPA at WR, Rush LB/Edge or a steal at another position.  

Jacksonville has a glut of picks and could deal two late 4ths and only move 10 slots.  That gives you your tackle options in either the 2nd or 3rd or maybe Baun is there at 42. Scenario A: Baun in the 2nd, Niang in the 3rd.  Scenarion B: Wilson draft (Isaiah in the 2nd, Logan in the 3rd).  That leaves you with 3 picks in the 4th to get some quality prospects, and either way a starting OL in hand already. 
Reply/Quote