Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell Me That My Gut is a Stupid Son of a ...
(01-24-2022, 05:04 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Why not kick it in the field of play and make KC run four or five seconds off the clock. You have maybe 7 or 8 seconds left. Then Mahommes has maybe one play and then a hail mary. Am I missing something?

Chiefs went 19 yards in 5 seconds and 25 yards in five seconds before kicking the field goal. If you take 4-5 seconds off the clock with a squib kick they still have enough time to get into FG range and kick the FG. As crazy as that seems.
Reply/Quote
To OP

Just close your eyes and imagine Joe smoking his cigar.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 03:06 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Ever since the first Bengals-Chiefs game, I have felt like , if we kept winning,  this was the inevitable finale in the AFC. I am not surprised we are seeing these bas turds again.  And I don't like the way my gut feels.

I started reading this site religiously several weeks ago after the Bengals gave up one late and lost to future HOF'er Mike White and the Jets. I wanted to vent my frustrations and I was able to do so by reading your posts and realizing that you were as frustrated as I was. I thank you for your words. They were quite cathartic.  While I didn't agree with the Gameday authors  who said that Joe was garbage, the defense was trash, and the whole staff should be fired, I was upset and it was nice to know that there were others feeling the same way.

Well, I need you folks again. Ever since I felt like we were likely to face Patrick and his Chiefs again, this time at Arrowhead, my gut  has told me that we will probably lose and lose big. Sometimes I just hate my gut. My heart, on the other hand, always thinks we have a chance. My heart is so loyal and forgiving. I love my heart. lol

I wanted the Bills to beat the Chiefs so we could avoid Arrowhead. Not that going to Buffalo and winning would be easy but, let's face it, the Bills are not always good. At times, they have been downright rotten. They gave up 17 in the 4th Q at home to Big Ben and the Steelers. They gave up 41 points at home to the Colts, losing by 26.  They scored a grand total of 6 pts in losing to Jacksonville. They lost at home to a less than stellar NE team. Struggled at home for three quarters in the season finale against the hapless Jets.  You saw how overrated that vaunted #1 defense was .  Two games each against the Jets and Miami and games against Jacksonville, Atlanta, Washington, etc... will make your defense seem like a #1.  I felt like we might catch the Bills on one of those days.   But...

The Chiefs it is, dammit. And my gut feeling is not good.  I want you to whisper sweet somethings into my ear and make me feel better about this game. I want you to tell me why my gut is a stupid sumb!tch for making me feel like this is going to be  27 or 30 point loss  and why we are going to the Superbowl for the first time in 33 years.

Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom and comfort.

Never underestimate the confidence level of the Bengals now and especially after they beat this unstoppable juggernaut they call the KC Chiefs. Football is a crazy mind-set game. Go back to the 90's as the Bengals were the worst team in the NFL. They had so many leads late in games against good teams but they expected something bad to happen which would change a game around and it did.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 03:14 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The Chiefs lost by 24 to the Titans, who the Bengals just beat on the road.

The Chiefs lost by 1 to the Ravens, who the Bengals swept so laughably that they fired their defensive staffer of nine years.

The Chiefs beat the Giants by 3 points and the Rodgers-less Packers by 6 points. I need say no more.

And, wait for it... The Chiefs lost to the Bengals by 3 points.

None of these things means the Bengals win in Arrowhead Sunday. But they are evidence that the Chiefs are a flawed team that can be exploited and has been exploited. The Bengals exploited them.

And, we gave up 20 points to the Steelers over two games. The Chiefs gave up 21 points to the Steelers with a broken down QB in 3 qtrs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote