Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think we just ended Tannehill's career
(01-22-2022, 10:27 PM)Roland Wrote: He was touted through the week as someone who could come in and get the job done with or without Henry and we just spiked him below the Dalton line. LMAO

I made a post on Reddit about this but even with the Titans, QB play is biggest predictor by far of victory. Even a guy like Henry doesn’t matter more than the QB. The game is nearly always going to come down to passing success and passing defense. The Titans defense did their job, but Tannehill didn’t. It doesn’t matter who you have at RB if you don’t have the QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:09 PM)Housh Wrote: Low.

Tannehill will never be a backup. There will always be a bad team that could use him. His biggest flaw to me is he refuses to run at times even though he may be the 2nd most physically opposing QB in the league after Josh Allen. 

Have you really never seen Lamar Jackson play?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have you really never seen Lamar Jackson play?

Not in quite some time. RGIII used to be good too. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have you really never seen Lamar Jackson play?

Physically imposing meaning hes a big guy who bruises defenders. Lamar is a cat. Hes quick and great at running but if i were a defenders id rather be 1 on 1 with Lamar than Josh Allen.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:16 PM)Housh Wrote: Physically imposing meaning hes a big guy who bruises defenders. Lamar is a cat. Hes quick and great at running but if i were a defenders id rather be 1 on 1 with Lamar than Josh Allen.

But you suggested Tannehill is more physically imposing than every other QB after Allen. I’d much rather try to tackle Tannehill than Lamar.

Reply/Quote
Maybe he and Martindale can job shop together.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I expect Jimmy G to be out tonight, too. If SF does lose it’s nothing but elite QB’s left.

Mahomes
Rodgers
Burrow
Allen
Brady
Stafford (elite might be a bit generous but he had a great year)

I’d say Stafford is somewhat elite but he’s like a Farve-esque gunslinger that can have a great game as often as he has a horrible one.

This is roughly how I’d rank the nfl QB’s. Picked the one I believed should start on a team if everyone was healthy unless I forgot something.

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Deshaun Watson?
Matthew Stafford
Justin Herbert
Dak Prescott
Russell Wilson
Lamar Jackson
Kirk Cousins
Kyler Murray
Ryan Tannenhill
David Carr
Matt Ryan
Healthy Baker Mayfield
Healthy Carson Wentz
Healthy Saints Jameis Winston
Jimmy Garappolo
Mac Jones
Teddy Bridgewater
Tua Tagosomething
Ben Roethlisberger
Washington Football Quarterback
Jalen Hurts
Jared Goff
Sam Darnold
Daniel Jones
Trevor Lawrence
Justin Fields
Zach Wilson
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:24 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’d say Stafford is somewhat elite but he’s like a Farve-esque gunslinger that can have a great game as often as he has a horrible one.

This is roughly how I’d rank the nfl QB’s. Picked the one I believed should start on a team if everyone was healthy unless I forgot something.

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Deshaun Watson?
Matthew Stafford
Justin Herbert
Dak Prescott
Russell Wilson
Lamar Jackson
Kirk Cousins
Kyler Murray
Ryan Tannenhill
David Carr
Matt Ryan
Healthy Baker Mayfield
Healthy Carson Wentz
Jimmy Garappolo
Mac Jones
Teddy Bridgewater
Tua Tagosomething
Ben Roethlisberger
Jalen Hurts
Jared Goff
Sam Darnold
Daniel Jones
Trevor Lawrence
Justin Fields
Zach Wilson

Mahomes was absolutely atrocious behind a bad OL in the Super Bowl last year. Even with all the accolades it’s hard for me to put him ahead of Burrow at this point. Burrow was literally running for his life tonight and he still put up 348 yards and played great.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mahomes was absolutely atrocious behind a bad OL in the Super Bowl last year. Even with all the accolades it’s hard for me to put him ahead of Burrow at this point. Burrow was literally running for his life tonight and he still put up 348 yards and played great.

I think it’s still safe to put Mahomes above Burrow for now. He’s been to 2 Super Bowls including winning one. To me not a lot separates the top few guys besides Aaron Rodgers. Not sure why that guy only has one ring he’s been the best QB in the NFL for a while. I guess that Tom Brady luck and strong running games and defenses to go with a top 3 qb is too much to overcome.
Reply/Quote
Ryan may be theTitans Jeremy Hill. The very worst thing to happen should have been OT.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:06 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Hmmm... Tanehill started the game with a pick and ended it the same way.... What are the odds?
It's even better than that
1st pass of the game INT
1st pass in the 2nd half INT
Last pass of the game INT
That's something special right there.
(01-22-2022, 11:24 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’d say Stafford is somewhat elite but he’s like a Farve-esque gunslinger that can have a great game as often as he has a horrible one.

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Deshaun Watson?
Matthew Stafford
Justin Herbert
Dak Prescott
Russell Wilson
Lamar Jackson
Kirk Cousins
Kyler Murray
Ryan Tannenhill
David Carr
Matt Ryan
Healthy Baker Mayfield
Healthy Carson Wentz
Jimmy Garappolo
Mac Jones
Teddy Bridgewater
Tua Tagosomething
Ben Roethlisberger
Jalen Hurts
Jared Goff
Sam Darnold
Daniel Jones
Trevor Lawrence
Justin Fields
Zach Wilson
I take it that you didn't see any Jets games the last few weeks of the season?
Seriously, I'd easily put that Zach Wilson over a healthy Winston and a healthy Wentz. He may not win with the Jets but that kid is going to be a star.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:32 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think it’s still safe to put Mahomes above Burrow for now. He’s been to 2 Super Bowls including winning one. To me not a lot separates the top few guys besides Aaron Rodgers. Not sure why that guy only has one ring he’s been the best QB in the NFL for a while. I guess that Tom Brady luck and strong running games and defenses to go with a top 3 qb is too much to overcome.

Burrow just completed 75.7% of his passes while being sacked 11 times (2 were canceled out).

You know what Mahomes’ cmp% was when he had subpar OL play last year? 53.06…

Reply/Quote
I don't know. I think he'll be back with them. They had a lot of drops tonight. But we may have ended the tenure of that OC in Tennessee.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:37 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It's even better than that
1st pass of the game INT
1st pass in the 2nd half INT
Last pass of the game INT
That's something special right there.
I take it that you didn't see any Jets games the last few weeks of the season?
Seriously, I'd easily put that Zach Wilson over a healthy Winston and a healthy Wentz. He may not win with the Jets but that kid is going to be a star.

Nah I didn’t pay too much attention to the end of the year, but the Jets are pretty awful I don’t necessarily put the low rankings of Wilson and Lawrence on their talent just they definitely did not have a lot to work with. But Wilson was awful before that. Albeit Wentz and Winston could possibly be worse but they’ve been pretty average middle of the road their entire careers. Rookies just need more games under their belts to iMprove their perception. Tannenhill’s a good QB but it does seem to be that he cannot do a thing in the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow just completed 75.7% of his passes while being sacked 11 times (2 were canceled out).

You know what Mahomes’ cmp% was when he had subpar OL play last year? 53.06…

I don’t think we really have to argue over 3 spots in the top 5 quarterbacks. Besides Aaron Rodgers those guys are all interchangeable with each other to a degree to me. Tom getting the most negative points because I hate him but mostly because of his age while the rest are younglings.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:40 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Nah I didn’t pay too much attention to the end of the year, but the Jets are pretty awful I don’t necessarily put the low rankings of Wilson and Lawrence on their talent just they definitely did not have a lot to work with. But Wilson was awful before that. Albeit Wentz and Winston could possibly be worse but they’ve been pretty average middle of the road their entire careers. Rookies just need more games under their belts to iMprove their perception. Tannenhill’s a good QB but it does seem to be that he cannot do a thing in the playoffs

Sorry if that came off as critical. That wasn't my intention . . . I just had some free time the last few weeks of the season and watched a lot of games. I was just alerting other Bengals fans . . . don't sleep on Zach Wilson. He was a different QB after he came back from his mid season injury. The Jets were one of several bad teams that were improving the last bit of the season and Wilson's play was a very big part of that.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:49 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Sorry if that came off as critical. That wasn't my intention . . . I just had some free time the last few weeks of the season and watched a lot of games. I was just alerting other Bengals fans . . . don't sleep on Zach Wilson. He was a different QB after he came back from his mid season injury. The Jets were one of several bad teams that were improving the last bit of the season and Wilson's play was a very big part of that.

They’re still the Jets though hopefully they move on before they completely ruin him lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:06 PM)Destro Wrote: He'd make a very good back-up. A vet who is a winner. Rather have him than Brandon Allen.

I'd rather have an STD than Brandon Allen.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:29 AM)M.W. Wrote: I'd rather have an STD than Brandon Allen.

The good news is, YOU don't have Brandon Allen.

The bad news is, Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:01 PM)Roland Wrote: Yeah, those were great plays.  But taking care of the ball in a tight game is job one.  And whether it's deserved or not, the fans and the analysts are eviscerating him.  They just wrote the narrative on Tannehill, right or wrong.

Yep, and what did Burrow do?  Risk and INT by throwing in to a really tight window in a tight game?  No, he took sacks waiting for someone to break open.  

He must have had a belief that someone would as he was really hanging on to the ball too long in some, but not all, cases.  
Reply/Quote