Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I think we need to win out to make playoffs
It is great to see the team show they can win games with Joe Burrow out. Browning has been amazing and the OL seems to be starting to gel after 13 games through 13 games. The problem making it into the playoffs is we have a bad AFC conference record. It is the reason we are 10th right now even tied with a bunch of other teams with 7-6 record.

Of the 7-6 teams, Denver has best shot at winning out to go 11-6. Browns need 3 of 4 to go 11-6. That leaves one spot among:
1. Steelers - we play them and need a win
2. Colts
3. Texans
4. Bills

The good news is we have proven we can beat the best teams so we have a shot, but we need to go at least 3-1 and hope 2 teams and hope teams above go 2-2. There are other scenarios, but if we win out, we should make it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
3-1 can do the job, but the schedule is brutal. I can see 2-2, but that most likely means no playoffs

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh and Colts play each other this week.
Cleveland and the Texans still play each other.
Colts and Texans still play each other.

And of course we still play the Steelers and Browns.

There will be seperation over the next few weeks. As long as we win the Vikings, Steelers, and Browns games we are in. Those games should all be pretty evenly matched.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 12:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: 3-1 can do the job, but the schedule is brutal. I can see 2-2, but that most likely means no playoffs

I don't look at the schedule as being brutal. 

Favored by 3 against the Vikings at home this week. Steelers are terrible. Browns aren't special and it's a home game. Chiefs game is what it is. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 12:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: 3-1 can do the job, but the schedule is brutal. I can see 2-2, but that most likely means no playoffs

With the exception of Arizona, the entire schedule this year has been brutal. Only Arizona and Tennessee are not competing for playoffs and only the Rams and Seattle join them in being below 500 (and barely at 6-7). Doesn't help to be playing in the AFC North, where Cleveland and Baltimore are 1st and 2nd in defense in the league (in terms of yards allowed).
Reply/Quote
I said this in the 10-7 thread - odds are slim. Almost everyone else has an easier schedule and almost everyone beats us on tiebreakers at 10-7.

The Chiefs look beatable now and maybe Mahomes' head will explode between now and then. But we still have to overcome the choke factor against the Steelers and Browns.
Reply/Quote
10-7 gets you in, 98+% of the time. That said, make sure you’re not at 7 after this week!

If the bengals win this week, they should be the 7 or 8 seed.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 12:57 PM)Roland Wrote: I said this in the 10-7 thread - odds are slim. Almost everyone else has an easier schedule and almost everyone beats us on tiebreakers at 10-7.

The Chiefs look beatable now and maybe Mahomes' head will explode between now and then. But we still have to overcome the choke factor against the Steelers and Browns.

10-7 will get you in. Most teams at 7-6 will go .500 or worse. Most teams at 7-6 just are not very good teams, and dealing with many injuries and many play one another.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 12:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't look at the schedule as being brutal. 

Favored by 3 against the Vikings at home this week. Steelers are terrible. Browns aren't special and it's a home game. Chiefs game is what it is. 

Steelers is away game, in a very hostile climate. Browns have the number 1 defense in the entire NFL. Chiefs is away.

I still would classify it as a brutal schedule. i would not be surprised if the Vikings were the only game in which the Bengals are favored.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 01:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: Steelers is away game, in a very hostile climate. Browns have the number 1 defense in the entire NFL. Chiefs is away.

I still would classify it as a brutal schedule. i would not be surprised if the Vikings were the only game in which the Bengals are favored.

I think Steelers game may be a slight favorite. There is also the benefit of browning having already played them. Hopefully he learned a lot from
Their tendencies and scheme.

With that said, let’s focus on Vikings this week. One week at a time.
Reply/Quote
Realistically battling for that final spot. With the schedules that are left, the Browns and Denver have all but assuredly locked up the #5 and #6 spots. the Bengals 3-6 record vs the AFC is what is killing them in the tie-breaker scenarios.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 01:05 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I think Steelers game may be a slight favorite.  There is also the benefit of browning having already played them.  Hopefully he learned a lot from
Their tendencies and scheme.  

With that said, let’s focus on Vikings this week.  One week at a time.

We arent players. We are fans. We can look ahead, its part of the fun and it has no bearings on the game lol. 
Reply/Quote
I ran the ESPN Playoff Machine and tried to honestly pick who I thought would win each game every week. I had us losing to KC. We finished 10-7 and we missed the playoffs to the Colts, Texans, and Browns. I may have been too generous to Houston with Stroud in concussion protocol.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 01:09 PM)Mer Wrote: I ran the ESPN Playoff Machine and tried to honestly pick who I thought would win each game every week. I had us losing to KC. We finished 10-7 and we missed the playoffs to the Colts, Texans, and Browns. I may have been too generous to Houston with Stroud in concussion protocol.

I just did this as well and have us as they 7th seed playing @Jacksonville in the first round. This is with us winning every game but the Chiefs game. 

I think Houston is going to lose to the Titans this week potentially without Stroud and I can see the Falcons beating Indy. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 01:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just did this as well and have us as they 7th seed playing @Jacksonville in the first round. This is with us winning every game but the Chiefs game. 

I think Houston is going to lose to the Titans this week potentially without Stroud and I can see the Falcons beating Indy. 

That would be great for our playoff hopes.
Reply/Quote
I'm elated these last two games have been fun to watch and I hope it continues. But I'm not going to set myself for the giant letdown that's very probable.

Can Browning continue to do what he's doing ? Sure, but will he ? We have a tiny sample of this version of the Bengals. I'm hoping for the best but not counting on it.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 12:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't look at the schedule as being brutal. 

I'm more worried about the Browns than the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 01:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm elated these last two games have been fun to watch and I hope it continues. But I'm not going to set myself for the giant letdown that's very probable.

Can Browning continue to do what he's doing ? Sure, but will he ? We have a tiny sample of this version of the Bengals. I'm hoping for the best but not counting on it.

Hey, that's the reality of Bengals fandom: Temper your expectations. I'll enjoy this season and worry about the draft and free agency until we're eliminated.
Reply/Quote
What's really nice is they're winning meaningful games without Joe. No deadcat bounce here.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 01:38 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I'm more worried about the Browns than the Chiefs.

Same. With that defense and the way Flacco has played, they're gonna be a tough out for anyone.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote