• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think we're all in now on power gap scheme
Look at the lineup:

OBJr
Volson
Karras
Cappa
Carman / Ford / Collins

No matter which of those three occupies RT this is a line of maulers Left to Right. It is built for good old fashioned power running. Now we need a backfield suited for this type of blocking. For example, not saying he would be the starter but a compatible later round pick might be Kenny McIntosh, who is essentially a battering ram.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 03:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Look at the lineup:

OBJ
Volson
Karras
Cappa
Carman / Ford / Collins

No matter which of those three occupies RT this is a line of maulers Left to Right. It is built for good old fashioned power running. Now we need a backfield suited for this type of blocking. For example, not saying he would be the starter but a compatible later round pick might be Kenny McIntosh, who is essentially a battering ram.

I’m switching to this OBJr
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I fixed it - I agree it can be confusing.

Back to topic - this is a line built to run power gap and hopefully we've seen the last wide zone concept. Problem is, Mixon is best in a wide zone concept as his run game is more about gaining the edge than bulldozing.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 04:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: I fixed it - I agree it can be confusing.

Back to topic - this is a line built to run power gap and hopefully we've seen the last wide zone concept. Problem is, Mixon is best in a wide zone concept as his run game is more about gaining the edge than bulldozing.

OBJr had a dad who was a longtime professional tackle and he had Jr learn the positon by studying Munoz and Whitworth... according to OBJr, good stuff.

Reply/Quote

OBJr
Volson
Karras
Cappa
Carman / Ford / Collins

Chris Rodriguez as well.
Reply/Quote

OBJr
Volson
Karras
Cappa
Carman / Ford / Collins

McIntosh is not just a battering ram. He is a legit pass catching threat with zero career drops. I think he would be a great fit in Cinci.

good article here:
https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Article/Georgia-football-Key-stat-illustrates-Kenny-McIntoshs-value-in-passing-attack-188495999/

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 06:36 PM)Burma Wrote: McIntosh is not just a battering ram.  He is a legit pass catching threat with zero career drops.  I think he would be a great fit in Cinci.

good article here:
https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Article/Georgia-football-Key-stat-illustrates-Kenny-McIntoshs-value-in-passing-attack-188495999/

I was thinking about run styles and battering ram is his essential run style. He can also catch. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 04:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: I fixed it - I agree it can be confusing.

Do not think Mixon is part of the plan or he better not be since his friends are shooting kids with toys. I would have a very hard time rooting for the Bengals if Mixon is on the team at the start of the year and I am as diehard fan as there is out there.

Wasn't Cethan Carter more of a half-back blocker for us then a TE when he was here?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 03:59 PM)Joelist Wrote:  Now we need a backfield suited for this type of blocking. For example, not saying he would be the starter but a compatible later round pick might be Kenny McIntosh, who is essentially a battering ram.

(03-17-2023, 06:26 PM)pulses Wrote: Chris Rodriguez as well.

Multiple backs would do well in gap, I like CRod late, Eric Gray another pass catcher and hard runner, Roschon Johnson.  If we get a speed back, a complimentary power guy like Tavion Thomas could be a legitimate sledge hammer.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Multiple backs would do well in gap, I like CRod late, Eric Gray another pass catcher and hard runner, Roschon Johnson.  If we get a speed back, a complimentary power guy like Tavion Thomas could be a legitimate sledge hammer.

We met with Tavion Thomas It wouldn't shock me if we took him late. If we did I'd love Spears early
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:34 PM)pulses Wrote: We met with Tavion Thomas It wouldn't shock me if we took him late. If we did I'd love Spears early

Those 2 would be some serious thunder and lighting.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 10:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Those 2 would be some serious thunder and lighting.

I would love it !
Reply/Quote
Really good chance playoff football will be outside in the AFC. Cincinnati, KC, and Buffalo should be major players for awhile. And when it comes time to locking up the division in December and January, those games will be outside too.

That’s why I’m a big fan of having a big powerful OL who will be able to take over games.
Reply/Quote
McIntosh felt extremely versatile, but I would definitely prefer to employ him in a two/three headed attack which is kind of how he was used at Georgia.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:08 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Do not think Mixon is part of the plan or he better not be since his friends are shooting kids with toys. I would have a very hard time rooting for the Bengals if Mixon is on the team at the start of the year and I am as diehard fan as there is out there.

Wasn't Cethan Carter more of a half-back blocker for us then a TE when he was here?

Yeah, he was more of a full back / H Back.  It could be the very reason why Cethan was brought back in, to add to a power running scheme.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:08 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Do not think Mixon is part of the plan or he better not be since his friends are shooting kids with toys. I would have a very hard time rooting for the Bengals if Mixon is on the team at the start of the year and I am as diehard fan as there is out there.

So if your sibling is at your house and does something stupid, you should lose your career? Tough standard you have. 
Reply/Quote

OBJr
Volson
Karras
Cappa
Carman / Ford / Collins

Yessir, we finally have an AFCN type offensive line. Teddy Karras has to be over the moon.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 10:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So if your sibling is at your house and does something stupid, you should lose your career? Tough standard you have. 

If you just brandished a gun a month before a shooting at your house in your driveway while you were present against a kid that lived next door to you carrying a obvious toy gun, then hell yes.

He does not have to lose his career he can seek another team.

He will fit right in on the Chicago Bears {in Chicago} but his family won't find many nerf gun carrying kids there to shoot at and those that do have guns will most likely shoot back.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 10:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So if your sibling is at your house and does something stupid, you should lose your career? Tough standard you have. 

How many shootings and home invasions took place in Mixon's neighborhood in the last 5 years? My guess is one and he was present there was no reason for him and his crew to go outside strapped in that neighborhood.

One 16-year-old victim was playing in his own yard was shot at 10 or 11 times.

Then Joe jumps in a car and leaves without checking on his 16-year-old neighbor that was shot by his buddy.
Reply/Quote