Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I thought he was dead...
This hit was nasty. My main surprise was the refs didn’t throw a flag (not because it was a penalty, but because they usually just do).

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/01/tennessee-titans-adam-humphries-injury-update-mike-vrabel/

Guy is seemingly alright after what was a pretty scary moment on Sunday. Bates is not someone you want to go over the middle against. I thought he killed the guy.
Reply/Quote
It seemed like a pretty tame hit, but his neck moving one way before snapping back the other way after Alexander hit him, was the big deal with him being unconscious (and he was DEFINITELY unconscious).

Just imagine if Bates hit him even cleaner and HARDER...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It seemed like a pretty tame hit, but his neck moving one way before snapping back the other way after Alexander hit him, was the big deal with him being unconscious (and he was DEFINITELY unconscious).

His head bounced about three different ways. It was the turf that did the worst of it. Bates actually pulled up a bit thankfully.
Reply/Quote
Man, I felt awful the moment that happened.
Reply/Quote
I hope Bates get hit with a fine and nothing else. Last thing we need is a suspension.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:35 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I hope Bates get hit with a fine and nothing else. Last thing we need is a suspension.

Why should he get hit with anything?

He did nothing wrong, pulled up and HIS ARM hit Humphries' head; not a helmet, shoulder or knee.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It seemed like a pretty tame hit, but his neck moving one way before snapping back the other way after Alexander hit him, was the big deal with him being unconscious (and he was DEFINITELY unconscious).

That's what I saw too. The whipping motion from getting hit one way and then the other, made the head hit the ground with more impact.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Why should he get hit with anything?

He did nothing wrong, pulled up and HIS ARM hit Humphries' head; not a helmet, shoulder or knee.

On a bang-bang play I think he did his best to avoid a helmet to helmet or even hurting the guy. That looked obvious to me anyway. So I hope your right and he doesn't receive any punishment whatsoever.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Why should he get hit with anything?

They're playing football for crying out loud. There was nothing dirty about that play.
Reply/Quote
It was a suicide pass. If anything tannehill should get fined.

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
He will probably get fined. Any hits to the head and they will fine you a lot of the time. Flags may be hard to get, but wallets are easy. NFL wants their cheddar.
Reply/Quote
Call me stupid, but from what I'm getting from the stupidest rule in the NFL, is that ANYTIME before or during a catch a receiver is defenseless (concentrating on the ball) and must be allowed to catch the ball before being hit.

Or

Is it up to the professional referees as to which team they prefer, or which WR they like or don't like or which QB is their favorite?? Because there was clearly 1 or the other penalties on the last play of the Balt-Shittsburgh game. The 1 thing it wasn't was a no-call situation.

I've had it up to my eyeballs with referees determining the outcome of games.

Rant over.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote