Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I tried out the NFL Mock Draft Simulator
Anyway, this was my first time using it, I didn't use any special settings. They had the Bengals picking 24th, and I would trade down a few picks if the top few players weren't in positions of need. Outside of missing on a TE who was just outside of the ten best remaining players when I went down a few spots in the second round, it didn't really seem to affect much of who I ended up picking.

24. Jer'Zhan Newton, DL, Illinois
61. Calen Bullock, S, USC (there just wasn't really anything that stood out either at 56 or at 61, and the TE seemed like a reach)
87. Sedrick Von Pran, IOL, Georgia
124. Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale
157. Luke Lachey, TE, Iowa
158. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida
163. Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon
175. Xavier Thomas, Edge, Clemson
198. Jordan Travis, QB, Florida State
242. Sataoa Laumea, IOL, Utah
251. Jabari Small, RB, Tennessee

I watched a lot less college football than I usually do this year, so I'm not sure how good of a draft this is, but nflmockdraftdatabase.com gave most of these picks except for Bullock and the last two either an A or A+. I'm not sure how realistic this mock draft would be.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 04:16 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: Anyway, this was my first time using it, I didn't use any special settings. They had the Bengals picking 24th, and I would trade down a few picks if the top few players weren't in positions of need. Outside of missing on a TE who was just outside of the ten best remaining players when I went down a few spots in the second round, it didn't really seem to affect much of who I ended up picking.

24. Jer'Zhan Newton, DL, Illinois
61. Calen Bullock, S, USC (there just wasn't really anything that stood out either at 56 or at 61, and the TE seemed like a reach)
87. Sedrick Von Pran, IOL, Georgia
124. Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale
157. Luke Lachey, TE, Iowa
158. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida
163. Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon
175. Xavier Thomas, Edge, Clemson
198. Jordan Travis, QB, Florida State
242. Sataoa Laumea, IOL, Utah
251. Jabari Small, RB, Tennessee

I watched a lot less college football than I usually do this year, so I'm not sure how good of a draft this is, but nflmockdraftdatabase.com gave most of these picks except for Bullock and the last two either an A or A+. I'm not sure how realistic this mock draft would be.

NFLMockDraftDatabase is pretty much my go to sim because their Big Board is actually the average of all the major draft site's big boards.  Because of that, you rarely run into unrealistic scenarios due to wonky player ratings(although the sim passing on guys they really shouldn't still happen from time to time).  This looks realistic from that end.

On the other hand, it's really hard to see us going defense with our first 2 picks after spending our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd there the past 2 drafts.  Newton and Bullock were probably the BPA's at those spots, but we are probably looking hard at T and WR with our 1st couple of picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Okay, here's one I did with no trades.
24. Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
55. Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
86. Tyler Davis, DL, Clemson
124. Christian Mahogany, IOL, Boston College
157. Zion Tupuola-Fetui, Edge, Washington
175. Sheridan Jones, CB, Clemson
198. Moose Muhammad III, WR, Texas A&M
242. Devin Neal, RB, Kansas
Reply/Quote
I tried it with no trades and came up with:

18 Amarius Mims, RT, Georgia
49 T'Vondre Sweat, DL, Texas
80 TreVeyon Henderson, RB, Ohio State
118 Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame
151 Ajani Cornelius, IOL/RT, Oregon
175 Gabriel Murphy, EDGE, UCLA
192 Moose Muhammad III WR, Texas A&M (backs up Chuck Sizzle in the slot)
235 Bryson Nesbit TE, North Carolina
251 Austin Reed QB, Western Kentucky

Pretty good and addresses many needs. The biggest weakness here is that I have no outside WR to play opposite Chase if Tee is not re-signed (I assume that Chase absolutely will be). We have Andrei Iosivas and Trenton Irwin of course but I wonder if Tee might be replaced with an affordable FA WR2.

I should mention that the mock actually had Marvin Harrison Jr. available to us at 18. It didn't feel realistic so I went with Mims. If that were a real choice it would be tough as we really are going to need a RT and future Oline players in general. No wait it wouldn't be tough at all I would take MH Jr. in a second.  Ninja

Edit: I think some of those weren't very realistic at least given what we know right now. This seems more accurate to how players are ranked 

80 D.J. James, CB, Auburn
118 Ajani Cornelius, IOL/RT, Oregon
151 Gabriel Murphy, EDGE, UCLA
175 Malik Washington, WR, Virginia (again would be a slot WR who shares time with Chuck Young) 
192 Bryson Nesbit, TE, North Carolina
235 Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire (dual role back who can pass block)
251 Austin Reed, QB, Western Kentucky

I really like this one. Plausible (at the at this moment) but good value and meets our needs with the possible exception of having a greater need for a slot corner instead of another outside player to rotate with CTB and DJ Turner (assuming Chido leaves).

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:13 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I tried it with no trades and came up with:

80 TreVeyon Henderson, RB, Ohio State
118 Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame
151 Ajani Cornelius, IOL/RT, Oregon
175 Gabriel Murphy, EDGE, UCLA
192 Moose Muhammad III WR, Texas A&M (backs up Chuck Sizzle in the slot)
235 Bryson Nesbit TE, North Carolina
251 Austin Reed QB, Western Kentucky

Bryson Nesbit is an interesting prospect and will be interesting to see if he declares especially with Drake Maye leaving for the NFL. Nesbit is a big wide receiver rarely lining up in a 2 or 3 point stance but that is exactly how the Bengals use Tanner Hudson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote