Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I've had enough of Preston brown and nick vigil..
(10-07-2019, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's interesting that Brown and Vigil's pass rush grades are their highest grades...because I just never see them pass rush.

That's just how bad they've been defending the run and pass  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought Brown could at least fill a hole when the run was right up the middle but he can’t. Always thought Vigil was overrated and a backup linebacker at best.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:40 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I thought Brown could at least fill a hole when the run was right up the middle but he can’t. Always thought Vigil was overrated and a backup linebacker at best.

Vigil could be a decent 3rd LB IF you had a true #1 guy.

When teams go Nickel, they put a LB out there that can cover. We just put our regular guys out there which totally exposes them and BW Webb isn't the guy that's going to help mask that.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Vigil could be a decent 3rd LB IF you had a true #1 guy.

When teams go Nickel, they put a LB out there that can cover. We just put our regular guys out there which totally exposes them and BW Webb isn't the guy that's going to help mask that.

I'm working on a mock offseason right now that I think you'll enjoy very much.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Vigil could be a decent 3rd LB IF you had a true #1 guy.

I get Pratt is getting abused in the running game when he plays by getting shoved way downfield but can’t he play the nickel in obvious passing downs ? He played safety in college for a few years and is more athletic than all are linebackers he should at least be able to cover the pass. Same with Jordan Evans he is supposed to be an athletic linebacker figured he could at least cover.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:53 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I've been asking for Vigil to be replaced for 2 years only to be told
I didnt know what I'm talking about

Same here
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When Pratt is in...I notice him being blocked 10 yards down field. He's not the answer at this point.

Jordan Evans is pretty terrible.

I do see them playing Reynolds some snaps too. He's been a career special teamer. So they are trying new things. They just don't work.

This is pretty much the shape we're in. Hell, they've even taken a LB off the field to try and improve things. We're just not setting the edge.

Also, I will ask a question about our D against Murray. Why was there no spy to watch for him running? Did I miss it? 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Precisely.

IF I were running the team, I'd be starting Price over MJ or atleast rotating them. Jerry over Smith.

Pratt over Brown or Vigil. I'd play Pratt and then rotate between the other 2.

Why would you start Price? He's been "turrible".

I would seriously consider Jerry over Smith though.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 02:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Why would you start Price? He's been "turrible".

I would seriously consider Jerry over Smith though.

Price has been about as good as Jordan in pass protection, but he's been much better in the run game.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Price has been about as good as Jordan in pass protection, but he's been much better in the run game.

He sure looked like warmed over dog shit against SF and his limited play at Pitt though. He never even touched anyone (including his assignment that got the sack) on our last play at Pitt. 

Reply/Quote
Didn't Vigil have 13 tackles, yesterday?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 02:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: He sure looked like warmed over dog shit against SF and his limited play at Pitt though. He never even touched anyone (including his assignment that got the sack) on our last play at Pitt. 

That's the problem. Jordan and Price both aren't good right now. You gotta go with the one who is doing better though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 02:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't Vigil have 13 tackles, yesterday?

OK Marvin.  :giggle:
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The LBers are worse than the Offensive Line and it's not close.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: OK Marvin.  :giggle:

Hey, don't bash on me.  I seen him listed in the defensive statistical leaders list, on Red Zone, yesterday.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's the problem. Jordan and Price both aren't good right now. You gotta go with the one who is doing better though.

I sadly agree.  Price has a PFF grade of 50.  Jordan's grade is 31.  Price sucks, but MJ has no business on an NFL roster with his piss poor level of play.

What's frustrating is Pat Elfein was an overhyped OSU C that was a bust for Vikings, we took his successor Price who sucked as a rookie, and we thought that somehow Jordan would be different.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: I sadly agree.  Price has a PFF grade of 50.  Jordan's grade is 31.  Price sucks, but MJ has no business on an NFL roster with his piss poor level of play.

What's frustrating is Pat Elfein was an overhyped OSU C that was a bust for Vikings, we took his successor Price who sucked as a rookie, and we thought that somehow Jordan would be different.

Gotta say, I've not been impressed with recent Ohio St OL from the past few years.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's interesting that Brown and Vigil's pass rush grades are their highest grades...because I just never see them pass rush.

Vigil would have never been drafted by any other nfl team. He is not good at anything,and Preston Brown is too slow to tackle side line to side line,he is a middle line backer to stop the run and that is all. This is a poorly put together football team and needs massive help EVERYWHERE.We are now o-5 with Dalton,nuff said,put in finley and LETS ROLL. AND IF they could get a 1st round and a second for Green and Eifert,I would do that TODAY AND rush to make the call.Green is just going to keep getting hurt and there will be a ton of young tough Tightends coming out in 2020.Eifert is not the same guy anymore.Whats up with Sample??? Can he catch the ball and you know Dalton,he only throws to players that have caught a ton of his poor throws.O-5 with Dalton,soon to be O-7 because everyone knows on these boards we are not even going to come close to beating the ravens or the rams.O-7 at the bye.They may win 3 games this season and I hope they take the best qb available with their 1st round pick.Has to be a guy that is 6ft 4 or 5 and about 230 with huge hands and can throw it as good as Mahomes.What a wasted season.someone please fire mike brown,oh wait he owes the joint.oh well,maybe he will retire and hire a GM.ANY thoughts on who would be a great GM?
Reply/Quote
Aren't they using Reynolds as a backer now?

They need fast backers that can go sideline-to-sideline and they have none. The closest thing is Williams but he is not doing well instinctively and is biting on cut-backs.

This makes me think they may draft Simmons as he would be perfect for this type of defense. But then again, Sweet Lou may be gone at the end of season...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

Got a follow-up to this...
According to PFF, Vigil's snap counts are...
Total snaps - 296
Run defense snaps - 148
Pass rush snaps - 12
Coverage snaps - 136

Brown's are...
Total snaps - 262
Run defense snaps - 145

Pass rush snaps - 10
Coverage snaps - 107
Patience has paid off!