Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I've had enough of Preston brown and nick vigil..
(10-10-2019, 05:12 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Boomer, Spikes, Dillon, maybe Pickens, possibly a few I'm forgetting....but it's been a while.

Those are the public ones, how many others in private?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 10:55 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Those are the public ones, how many others in private?

That's a good point.... probably several.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It's obvious that our linebackers aren't fast enough for the modern NFL.

The question I have is this: Would one fast, sure tackling linebacker paired with Brown/Vigil fix everything, or do we need to gut the whole position group? Part of me thinks that you can have one slowish backer in a group with a more athletic player to clean up. Maybe not. I don't think Vigil or Brown are totally useless, I just think having two guys like that on the field all the time is a setup for failure.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:31 PM)samhain Wrote: It's obvious that our linebackers aren't fast enough for the modern NFL.

The question I have is this:  Would one fast, sure tackling linebacker paired with Brown/Vigil fix everything, or do we need to gut the whole position group?  Part of me thinks that you can have one slowish backer in a group with a more athletic player to clean up.  Maybe not.  I don't think Vigil or Brown are totally useless, I just think having two guys like that on the field all the time is a setup for failure.

In today's NFL there going to find your weakness and Exploit it no matter what. So I would say no you have to have Athleticism at the LB position.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:31 PM)samhain Wrote: It's obvious that our linebackers aren't fast enough for the modern NFL.

Then the question is - why did this team knowingly sign/keep LB's that dont fit the modern NFL? Clearly Buffalo let Brown go due to his limitations, but we could have 2 fast guys off the street do just as 'well' as these two lumps of crap
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 05:40 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Then the question is - why did this team knowingly sign/keep LB's that dont fit the modern NFL? Clearly Buffalo let Brown go due to his limitations, but we could have 2 fast guys off the street do just as 'well' as these two lumps of crap

Because dumb is going to do what dumb is going to do.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Boomer, Spikes, Dillon, maybe Pickens, possibly a few I'm forgetting....but it's been a while.

Yikes. Knew about Dillon and Carson. Didn’t know of the rest? No wonder Boomer struggles to give us props?

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 04:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In today's NFL there going to find your weakness and Exploit it no matter what. So I would say no you have to have Athleticism at the LB position.

And...IF you're only going to play 2, you ABSOLUTELY need athleticism.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 09:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And...IF you're only going to play 2, you ABSOLUTELY need athleticism.

I can't think of a great Defense in the modern era of Football that hasn't had  at least two notable LBers. Infact all the teams that play our style of Defense ( single High safety under look) have featured great LB.
J24

Reply/Quote