Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've lost all interest in this team...
I'm still a huge fan and look forward to watching when Joe returns, but I'm so disgusted with the front office, Zac and Turner that I just can't be interested in the at this point.

I was so thrilled when we landed Joe, knew he could be the franchise savior and think he still can be. But the unthinkable happened when any observer could tell they didn't do what was necessary to protect him. From off-season moves, scheme, position coaches and personnel decisions. Ugh...having a hard time getting over it.

You only get so many injuries of that magnitude in a career and he had to burn one this early...if something like that happens again in the next 10+ years who knows if he'll play again and what the long term effect are. Joe deserved so much better. Bengal fans deserved so much better.

Then to see the article about how big a turd Turner is and how he doesn't really coach technique...

All just infuriates me and was all avoidable. Can't really see myself watching until Joe is back.
Reply/Quote
I’d have to agree with you.This is the reality of hitting Rock Bottom.Replay of the Dave Shula era,only worse.But hey,look on the bright side.The good news is,when you’ve hit rock bottom,things can only get better!?!?
Reply/Quote
It’s really quite sad. If they would have spent money on a good guard and protected Joe with a running game when the season was over I really wouldn’t hold anything against them. Heck, if they just ran the ball 5 more times in the wash. game (at least once on that season ending drive from inside the 10) I wouldn’t hold it against them.

It is really hard to support this team. Negligence and stupidity creates bad luck. I really hope we get Sewill and a new coach to get our hopes up. I just don’t think Zac can coach a winner at this point. He talked a lot of good talk to get the job, but everything he does makes it seem like he isn’t learning or embodying that growth mindset he sold us on. Im tired of looking at his face to boot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe Truck 101 or the 3 other Zac supporters
Can convince how hard the team is playing
And how he will turn it around
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 08:20 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I’d have to agree with you.This is the reality of hitting Rock Bottom.Replay of the Dave Shula era,only worse.But hey,look on the bright side.The good news is,when you’ve hit rock bottom,things can only get better!?!?

I think we're on the way to a Shula replay but I'm not ready to go there yet.  Shula had 5 seasons of awful, Zac has been here 1.5 at this point.  Not to mention that the worst part of the Shula era in my mind is that we had another what, 6 years after that of just as bad?  

I hope like hell this experiment doesn't last 5 years and then lead into two more poor coaching choices.  If we replicate that full decade of hell I think I'll be done with the team.  Until then, I'm going to remain optimistic.  Because sometimes it's laugh or cry! 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 07:40 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I'm still a huge fan and look forward to watching when Joe returns, but I'm so disgusted with the front office, Zac and Turner that I just can't be interested in the at this point.

I was so thrilled when we landed Joe, knew he could be the franchise savior and think he still can be. But the unthinkable happened when any observer could tell they didn't do what was necessary to protect him. From off-season moves, scheme, position coaches and personnel decisions. Ugh...having a hard time getting over it.

You only get so many injuries of that magnitude in a career and he had to burn one this early...if something like that happens again in the next 10+ years who knows if he'll play again and what the long term effect are. Joe deserved so much better. Bengal fans deserved so much better.

Then to see the article about how big a turd Turner is and how he doesn't really coach technique...

All just infuriates me and was all avoidable. Can't really see myself watching until Joe is back.

You should probably change the click-bait title of your thread because the narrative is really worn out. Your not done, your frustrated like the rest of us. 

(12-04-2020, 08:20 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I’d have to agree with you.This is the reality of hitting Rock Bottom.Replay of the Dave Shula era,only worse.But hey,look on the bright side.The good news is,when you’ve hit rock bottom,things can only get better!?!?

Nothing like Shula and you know it. We are not at rock bottom, YET!

(12-04-2020, 08:31 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote:  Im tired of looking at his face to boot.

Sounds personal. 

(12-04-2020, 08:39 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Maybe Truck 101 or the 3 other Zac supporters
Can convince how hard the team is playing
And how he will turn it around

Truck is very intelligent and so are others on here. He gives a great perspective and he's been a Bengals fan forever. I truly love his posts and opinions. Dude is not sleeping on the Bengal knowledge for sure.

(12-04-2020, 08:40 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I think we're on the way to a Shula replay but I'm not ready to go there yet.  Shula had 5 seasons of awful, Zac has been here 1.5 at this point.  Not to mention that the worst part of the Shula era in my mind is that we had another what, 6 years after that of just as bad?  

I hope like hell this experiment doesn't last 5 years and then lead into two more poor coaching choices.  If we replicate that full decade of hell I think I'll be done with the team.  Until then, I'm going to remain optimistic.  Because sometimes it's laugh or cry! 

Good point about Zac vs. Shula. No contest there yet. And we are all laughing and crying. 

Sooo, when Zac returns next year, he's not going to have the confidence from a lot of fans. I get that. It's truly awful that things have turned out. But I also think this team was a mess when he took over. You just cant fix all them problems in 2 drafts. I hope his game plan works out. I do think a few coaches need to be terminated. But I think it will be difficult for a rookie coach to get great talented coaches in here as well. Hope we see something great going on soon.

Reply/Quote
The great thing about football is that’s it’s a seasonal game that occurs every year. You can forget about it and come back when the team is good again if you’re that type of fan....
Reply/Quote
Seeing some Dave Shula references. Just wanted to mind everyone:

---Dave Shula's first two years produced 8 wins.

---Zac Taylor's first two years have produced 4 wins thus far.

Other fun facts:

---Shula's QB in year 2 was David Kingler. His #1 WR was Jeff Query. His leading rusher was Harold Green with 589 yards.

---Shula's Career Winning % was .268

---Taylor's Career Winning % is .167

Saying Zac Taylor might be as bad as Dave Shula might actually be an insult to Dave Shula.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 09:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The great thing about football is that’s it’s a seasonal game that occurs every year. You can forget about it and come back when the team is good again if you’re that type of fan....

Very true. But it sucks you in with the draft. Then the fans go apeshit over the new picks, then we get pumped again and nothing happens. Does this scenerio sound similar? It's like cruising with your woman down the highway. Then she says something sexy and leads you to thinking your going to get lucky. Then you get home. Phone rings, kids stop over, next thing you know? Another dream crushed. LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 09:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You should probably change the click-bait title of your thread because the narrative is really worn out. Your not done, your frustrated like the rest of us. 

Nothing like Shula and you know it. We are not at rock bottom, YET!

Sounds personal. 

Truck is very intelligent and so are others on here. He gives a great perspective and he's been a Bengals fan forever. I truly love his posts and opinions. Dude is not sleeping on the Bengal knowledge for sure.

Good point about Zac vs. Shula. No contest there yet. And we are all laughing and crying. 

Sooo, when Zac returns next year, he's not going to have the confidence from a lot of fans. I get that. It's truly awful that things have turned out. But I also think this team was a mess when he took over. You just cant fix all them problems in 2 drafts. I hope his game plan works out. I do think a few coaches need to be terminated. But I think it will be difficult for a rookie coach to get great talented coaches in here as well. Hope we see something great going on soon.

Never said I was done. Reread my post. I'll be back when Joe's back. Never been this disinterested in the team before. No need to watch the rest of the season. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 09:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good point about Zac vs. Shula. No contest there yet.

I agree.  Shula wins in a landslide thus far. Mellow
Reply/Quote
The good news for Bearcats fans is the Crosstown Shootout is this Sunday at 3. So we'll only be subjected to around 3 quarters of this shit-show. And really only a half if you choose to listen to Mo and Terry's pre-game show.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 09:17 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Never said I was done. Reread my post. I'll be back when Joe's back. Never been this disinterested in the team before. No need to watch the rest of the season. 

I've kept this to myself because I'm a high motor lunch pale type of fan... But I asked to be traded to a contending fanbase a while back. It pisses me off that they didn't ship me off before the deadline when a team that was maybe 1 fan away would've given the Bengals a pretty nice return. Now they'll get nothing for me... Maybe a comp fan when they watch me walk for nothing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 09:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Seeing some Dave Shula references.  Just wanted to mind everyone:

---Dave Shula's first two years produced 8 wins.

---Zac Taylor's first two years have produced 4 wins thus far.

Other fun facts:  

---Shula's QB in year 2 was David Kingler.  His #1 WR was Jeff Query.  His leading rusher was Harold Green with 589 yards.

---Shula's Career Winning % was .268

---Taylor's Career Winning % is .167

Saying Zac Taylor might be as bad as Dave Shula might actually be an insult to Dave Shula.

I bet Shula's feeling pretty good about himself right about now.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
I have been a religious follower for the last 15 years.

Last week was the first time I had the option to watch the game live on Sunday and chose not to.

I won’t be tuning in again Sunday.

Thanks ZT and Tobin for ruining my favorite hobby. You f’in losers
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 09:17 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Never said I was done. Reread my post. I'll be back when Joe's back. Never been this disinterested in the team before. No need to watch the rest of the season. 

I did and you're correct. My apologies. 

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 09:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I have been a religious follower for the last 15 years.

Last week was the first time I had the option to watch the game live on Sunday and chose not to.

I won’t be tuning in again Sunday.

Thanks ZT and Tobin for ruining my favorite hobby. You f’in losers

Exactly what I am saying. Usually never miss a game but now the season may as well be over. Use to keep my eye on the game day thread the whole game, now no way would I. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:21 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Exactly what I am saying. Usually never miss a game but now the season may as well be over. Use to keep my eye on the game day thread the whole game, now no way would I. 

Meh... Don't give up so easy. Your blood pressure may drop into critical levels if you remove that stress from your life. It's all about balance.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Meh... Don't give up so easy. Your blood pressure may drop into critical levels if you remove that stress from your life. It's all about balance.

I'm cool, just genuinely uninterested at the moment and have never had that feeling before. Will be back next year. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:35 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I'm cool, just genuinely uninterested at the moment and have never had that feeling before. Will be back next year. 

Bring beer. Cheers

Reply/Quote