Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've lost all interest in this team...
(12-04-2020, 10:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bring beer. Cheers

God... Could you imagine watching THIS team sober?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:40 PM)jason Wrote: God... Could you imagine watching THIS team sober?

No. As a matter of fact, I really don't think I have? Well, except when they beat the Cowboys like 55 to something. But I was like 14 then. But was probably stoned tho.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No. As a matter of fact, I really don't think I have? Well, except when they beat the Cowboys like 55 to something. But I was like 14 then. But was probably stoned tho.

I can't even smoke weed and watch the Bengals anymore... The last 5 years they just harsh my mellow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 07:40 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I'm still a huge fan and look forward to watching when Joe returns, but I'm so disgusted with the front office, Zac and Turner that I just can't be interested in the at this point.

I was so thrilled when we landed Joe, knew he could be the franchise savior and think he still can be. But the unthinkable happened when any observer could tell they didn't do what was necessary to protect him. From off-season moves, scheme, position coaches and personnel decisions. Ugh...having a hard time getting over it.

You only get so many injuries of that magnitude in a career and he had to burn one this early...if something like that happens again in the next 10+ years who knows if he'll play again and what the long term effect are. Joe deserved so much better. Bengal fans deserved so much better.

Then to see the article about how big a turd Turner is and how he doesn't really coach technique...

All just infuriates me and was all avoidable. Can't really see myself watching until Joe is back.
Its hard to get excited over a team with the worst ownership, worst GM, worst coaching staff, no Offensive Line, and a defense that cant tackle. Plus the team has no personality. Like Pittsburg and Baltimore they play hardnose football, rough every play. Bengals have been in the league 50 plus years and not 1 defensive player in the HOF. Actually only 1 player in the HOF. Starts at the top and the head of the snake is Mike Brown and he is horrible. To top that all off two possible HOF Green and Atkins are getting phased out its so hard to watch. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 09:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The great thing about football is that’s it’s a seasonal game that occurs every year. You can forget about it and come back when the team is good again if you’re that type of fan....

Indeed.

One thing that's always been kind of nice in a normal year is baseball goes through October and NHL and NBA have started by the time MLB is over. 

So for me, it was watch Reds in Summer, then Bengals in Fall (or both if Reds are pushing for postseason). Then if Bengals are bad, watch the start of the Red Wings season and/or college hockey.

But with COVID, NHL is pushed back to mid-January 2021 now, maybe later. So no relief with another sport. But the Titans are the local team for me, so I can watch them push for playoffs the rest of this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:54 PM)jason Wrote: I can't even smoke weed and watch the Bengals anymore... The last 5 years they just harsh my mellow.

When it comes to choosing between the two, I'd rather just quit the Bengals.

This thread is why I wanted to trade down and let Burrow go to Carolina, who was the highest spot at #8 that offered a trade up and a team that you would only have to face once every four years. #1 QBs don't do well with the teams that "earned" the #1 overall pick. Peyton Manning is the rare exception. I would have extended Dalton through 2022, trade down again with the #8 pick, draft o-line for Mixon, build up draft capitol for 2021 and, in 2022 or 2023, hand off a better team to whatever QB they trade up to get next year. It would have given the next QB a team that was better prepared to be run by a young QB because the Bengals in 2022 will be three full off-seasons removed from that disastrous 2-14 season in 2019. 

Now, instead of building up draft capitol and the building of the o-line already in progress, they are back at square zero, except now with damaged goods at QB. But everybody wanted to have the shiny new toy first and then wonder why we can't have nice things.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 11:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Indeed.

One thing that's always been kind of nice in a normal year is baseball goes through October and NHL and NBA have started by the time MLB is over. 

So for me, it was watch Reds in Summer, then Bengals in Fall (or both if Reds are pushing for postseason). Then if Bengals are bad, watch the start of the Red Wings season and/or college hockey.

But with COVID, NHL is pushed back to mid-January 2021 now, maybe later. So no relief with another sport. But the Titans are the local team for me, so I can watch them push for playoffs the rest of this year.

Not a bad deal having the Titans as your side piece. Derrick Henry is the funnest back to watch. It feels like it’s cheating when you watch another team and it’s fun... but hey, the Bengals asked for this lol. Shoulda signed a prenup!
Reply/Quote
I actually agree. I won’t fully be interested or invested in this team until Zac and his incompetent cronies are gone... hopefully that’s only a month away
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 01:37 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: When it comes to choosing between the two, I'd rather just quit the Bengals.

This thread is why I wanted to trade down and let Burrow go to Carolina, who was the highest spot at #8 that offered a trade up and a team that you would only have to face once every four years. #1 QBs don't do well with the teams that "earned" the #1 overall pick. Peyton Manning is the rare exception. I would have extended Dalton through 2022, trade down again with the #8 pick, draft o-line for Mixon, build up draft capitol for 2021 and, in 2022 or 2023, hand off a better team to whatever QB they trade up to get next year. It would have given the next QB a team that was better prepared to be run by a young QB because the Bengals in 2022 will be three full off-seasons removed from that disastrous 2-14 season in 2019. 

Now, instead of building up draft capitol and the building of the o-line already in progress, they are back at square zero, except now with damaged goods at QB. But everybody wanted to have the shiny new toy first and then wonder why we can't have nice things.

I didn't quit... Just quit catching a buzz and watching THEM Sundays.

Last fall I was right there with you. I remember spouting off about how the number 1 overall QB usually isn't as good as the guys that go later into better situations. A couple of things happened after that though. Zac burned that bridge with Dalton when he benched him. It looked even worse when he went back to him. I don't think Taylor gets enough shit for that. Dalton might've toughed out his last season under contract, but I don't think he'd have re-upped.

Burrow also crushed it last November and in the College playoffs... At that point we basically had to.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:54 PM)jason Wrote: I can't even smoke weed and watch the Bengals anymore... The last 5 years they just harsh my mellow.

Wrong shit bro'.   Shocked
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 02:36 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Wrong shit bro'.   Shocked

No shit, I smoke MORE weed... LOL

Hell man, I quit getting excited in 2017. Anyone with the slightest amount of observational skills should've seen the writing on the wall in 2016. The team was beginning to age, key players started leaving because the FO didn't extend when they should've and got outbid. They completely shit the bed for a few drafts in a row starting in 2015. This team has been circling the drain for 5 years, and the FO ****** that up.....bad current coaching or not. They even made "steady as she goes" Marvin Lewis look bad for 3 straight seasons. Marvin had his issues, but aside from Palmer's last season and his injury year, the team usually was competitive. By 2018, they couldn't hit the ground with their hats. A worse roster and inexperienced coaching just amplifies the inequities of the roster. This is squarely on the FO for ***** up those drafts, and being slug like slow to rectify it. They did NOTHING to adapt.... especially in '18 and '19.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 02:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: No shit, I smoke MORE weed... LOL

Hell man, I quit getting excited in 2017. Anyone with the slightest amount of observational skills should've seen the writing on the wall in 2016. The team was beginning to age, key players started leaving because the FO didn't extend when they should've and got outbid. They completely shit the bed for a few drafts in a row starting in 2015. This team has been circling the drain for 5 years, and the FO ****** that up.....bad current coaching or not. They even made "steady as she goes" Marvin Lewis look bad for 3 straight seasons. Marvin had his issues, but aside from Palmer's last season and his injury year, the team usually was competitive. By 2018, they couldn't hit the ground with their hats. A worse roster and inexperienced coaching just amplifies the inequities of the roster. This is squarely on the FO for ***** up those drafts, and being slug like slow to rectify it. They did NOTHING to adapt.... especially in '18 and '19.

You need to watch a game at my place.  You'll forget all about the game.   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 11:07 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Its hard to get excited over a team with the worst ownership, worst GM, worst coaching staff, no Offensive Line, and a defense that cant tackle. Plus the team has no personality. Like Pittsburg and Baltimore they play hardnose football, rough every play. Bengals have been in the league 50 plus years and not 1 defensive player in the HOF. Actually only 1 player in the HOF. Starts at the top and the head of the snake is Mike Brown and he is horrible. To top that all off two possible HOF Green and Atkins are getting phased out its so hard to watch. 
Its like getting excited for a prostate exam! Yeah! Lets go doc! Skip the lube and get this underway!!! Whooooo!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 09:45 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I bet Shula's feeling pretty good about himself right about now.  Tongue

May even celebrate with an ol 96er mid rare. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I think it's just the expectations of this team from both the fans and the organization itself.  After the 90's, it just became common to lose and pretty much normal.  Pittsburgh and Baltimore never expect to lose.  Even when the QB goes down, there's a plan in place to win.  Obviously, those teams are run quite differently.

It appears the whole Bengal organization has given up this year (again).  I would expect ZT would be back next year as it appears it doesn't matter that much if the team loses nearly all the games this year, why would next year be much different?   Can you even imagine the Steelers or Ravens putting up with a 2 win season?  And then another the very next season? 

It's embarrassing.

**Edit: The Ravens had a 4-12 season their first year. Haven't been below 5 wins since. LOL
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 07:40 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I'm still a huge fan and look forward to watching when Joe returns, but I'm so disgusted with the front office, Zac and Turner that I just can't be interested in the at this point.

I was so thrilled when we landed Joe, knew he could be the franchise savior and think he still can be. But the unthinkable happened when any observer could tell they didn't do what was necessary to protect him. From off-season moves, scheme, position coaches and personnel decisions. Ugh...having a hard time getting over it.

You only get so many injuries of that magnitude in a career and he had to burn one this early...if something like that happens again in the next 10+ years who knows if he'll play again and what the long term effect are. Joe deserved so much better. Bengal fans deserved so much better.

Then to see the article about how big a turd Turner is and how he doesn't really coach technique...

All just infuriates me and was all avoidable. Can't really see myself watching until Joe is back.

I am with you 100%. I am a life long fan and always will be but this team has disgusted me. From the toxic locker room readings to seeing how ZT has handled Dunlap and then with his ignorant remarks after the Burrow injury and just downright awful playcalling I have had enough. Last week was the first week I refused to watch and I won’t from here on out until next season. The product taking the field now is just a disgrace.
Reply/Quote

Same.  I'll be back when Sack Taylor is gone, but I haven't watched since Burrow went down and I don't intend to.  

I'm so burned out I honest to God won't care if they skip town in six years. At least we'll have UC.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 08:20 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I’d have to agree with you.This is the reality of hitting Rock Bottom.Replay of the Dave Shula era,only worse.But hey,look on the bright side.The good news is,when you’ve hit rock bottom,things can only get better!?!?

Dave got robbed of the playoffs by officials at the end of the Tampa game. That will never happen to Zac.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote