Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've never felt this feeling before
(10-05-2020, 01:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So my only question for you is, did you even read my post or are you just intentionally trying to be a contrarian downer?

When you claim Dalton's great play "evaporated" in 2016 he was still ranked higher (15th) than Burrow is now (22nd) and had a higher winning percentage as a starter.

I am not being a "contrarian downer".  I have high hopes for Burrow.  I am just not delusional enough to say he ALREADY looks better than a couple of QBs we had who finished 2nd in the league in passer rating for playoff teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Agree, except Hopkins is not a backup level player.  He's a midlevel starter.  I wouldn't be rushing out to replace him.

I would replace the entire offensive line with the exception of Jonah Williams.  Midlevel starters don't get you to the Super Bowl.  We need guys who would start for the top teams in the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 01:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When you claim Dalton's great play "evaporated" in 2016 he was still ranked higher (15th) than Burrow is now (22nd) and had a higher winning percentage as a starter.

I am not being a "contrarian downer".  I have high hopes for Burrow.  I am just not delusional enough to say he ALREADY looks better than a couple of QBs we had who finished 2nd in the league in passer rating for playoff teams.

k
Reply/Quote
Weird, I get this feeling a lot when watching our defense play Ninja

All jokes aside, ya, the rookies accuracy and decision making is top notch for how long (rather little) he has played ok the NFL. Rarely see a dangerous pass with this guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Agree, except Hopkins is not a backup level player.  He's a midlevel starter.  I wouldn't be rushing out to replace him.

Right.  Not with the history of drafting centers that this front office has.  I'll keep a decent Hopkins over that all day.
Reply/Quote

Hopkins is good enough. KC won a Super Bowl with a center that grades out right around Trey.

(10-05-2020, 01:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I addressed both cases in my original post.

So my only question for you is, did you even read my post or are you just intentionally trying to be a contrarian downer?

I assume that’s a rhetorical question...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote