Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I've never seen...
Apple sucks plain and simple. There is only one DB I'd keep for next year, everyone else can hit the trail
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Lol bunch of guys sitting on the couch blasting a kid who beat them. Sad.

He did it to himself though running his mouth.

He did a damn fine job for us this year. Was our 4/5th CB coming in making barely over $1 mil this year and has had big snaps all season long and was a starter most of the year.

Haven’t seen the yards allowed from yesterday but my guess is he still probably had a better game than Ramsey and he was going up against the #1 yardage WR in the league with a QB who had time to get him the ball.

He did a damn fine job for us this year??????  You sure you're not getting your players mixed up?  Apple gets burned more than a pale skinned man in Miami
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:01 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: He did a damn fine job for us this year??????  You sure you're not getting your players mixed up?  Apple gets burned more than a pale skinned man in Miami

Apple is not a starter, he wasn’t signed to be a starter. He was forced into the roll almost the whole season. He started rough but played much better the 2nd half of the year. He did a damn fine job considering he was a last minute addition to the team as one of the last roster spots and got paid $1 mil this year. He vastly outperformed his roster status and contract. If we have a typical 4th/5th string CB out there we aren’t playing in the Super Bowl. Luckily for us we picked up a steal in Apple.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:56 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Apple sucks plain and simple. There is only one DB I'd keep for next year, everyone else can hit the trail

Good thing you aren’t running this team
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Apple played far better than the vast majority of us expected. Hopefully we can get him back at a bargain due to his less desirable traits. He's a really solid backup that put in starter work all year.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:23 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: Ooof. That was soooo stupid. Lmao. 

I don't know enough about why people are hating on him. He must have peeved a lot of folks off for sure though

Yes, that was dumb by Hargraeves and Eli Apple should just stay off twitter. Puts more pressure on you to play well when you 
talk a lot of shit all the time. I am for bringing him back as he played decent this season, but there are other Corners out there
we can add that might be better if we want to move on. Waynes I think will be cut for cap reasons and the fact he just doesn't
play on the field lol
Reply/Quote