Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've seen enough from Clarke
Every time that guy gets action he wreaks havoc.  It's time the Bengals think about replacing overpaid michael johnson for this stud.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I agree, clarke and hunt are looking real good, what the heck happened to Johnson? And what the heck got into hunt?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 03:19 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Every time that guy gets action he wreaks havoc.  It's time the Bengals think about replacing overpaid michael johnson for this stud.

Both him and Hunt are playing really well, should one say they are both outplaying MJ???? I think they are. Could you imagine having Billings in there this year?
Reply/Quote
My concern with Hunt is that he can push the pocket but does not have the closing speed to finish the pressure/sack. Our other dlinemen are pretty quick/fast. I do like what we are seeing from Clarke. Looks like there may have been a reason MJ washed out with the Falcons.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 04:14 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Yeah I agree, clarke and hunt are looking real good, what the heck happened to Johnson? And what the heck got into hunt?

Contract year?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:58 AM)James Brooks Wrote: My concern with Hunt is that he can push the pocket but does not have the closing speed to finish the pressure/sack. Our other dlinemen are pretty quick/fast. I do like what we are seeing from Clarke. Looks like there may have been a reason MJ washed out with the Falcons.

Buccaneers
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 03:19 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Every time that guy gets action he wreaks havoc.  It's time the Bengals think about replacing overpaid michael johnson for this stud.

I think next year we will see Clarke as a starter. MJ looked bad yesterday, in fact he's looked bad all season.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
New d-line coach helping the younger guys?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Agreed Corner.....time he supplanted MJ.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I just want to know why Hunt looked clueless in the preseason, and looks like a very serviceable player now... Finally.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

He does seem to have come along very nicely.  And agree, he needs to be getting more and more snaps.  Johnson seems to have dropped off quite a bit.

(09-30-2016, 11:20 AM)jason Wrote: I just want to know why Hunt looked clueless in the preseason, and looks like a very serviceable player now... Finally.

His wife read all the reports about it being the end of his NFL career and no to subtly reminded him that she likes seeing NFL style paychecks Ninja
Reply/Quote
Both Hunt & Clark have played well so far.
Reply/Quote
Hunt seems like he is finally getting it.

Really like what I see from Clarke. Think we'll see him start over MJ late in the year.

Really wish billings didn't get hurt
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 12:09 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Hunt seems like he is finally getting it.

Really like what I see from Clarke. Think we'll see him start over MJ late in the year.

Really wish billings didn't get hurt

I don't think you'll see him starting until Johnson leaves.  Marvin is extremely loyal to the veteran players.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:54 AM)Crowe Wrote: Both him and Hunt are playing really well, should one say they are both outplaying MJ???? I think they are. Could you imagine having Billings in there this year?

Before last night it could have been argued that Hunt and Clarke were our best two Dlineman. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 12:15 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Before last night it could have been argued that Hunt and Clarke were our best two Dlineman. 

that is a good thing to have that argument, that tells you the depth now of our Dline.. rotation is what is having our Dline play well
Reply/Quote

I am with you. Hopefully Burney starts to ease Clarke into the starting spot. He is good at stopping the run too, just as good as MJ.

Hunt has also really impressed me. Keep the rotation going of course but more snaps for these guys at MJ's spot specifically.

And quit it guys mentioning Billings, getting me excited! Cannot wait to see this guy out there with these guys, Geno and Dunlap! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 12:14 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't think you'll see him starting until Johnson leaves.  Marvin is extremely loyal to the veteran players.

He did cut finally cut Tate though. 

And Clarke is actually showing us something in real games. 

Reply/Quote
I was impressed with Clarke last night. Showed some ability to get after the QB.
Reply/Quote
I thought MJ played a decent game last night. He pretty much had a sack with Geno and had some pretty good pressure.

That being said, the key to this D-line has ALWAYS been the ability to keep guys fresh and rotate players in and out. Gilberry was great in that role (cheap, serviceable and made some big plays.)

I think you are starting to see Clarke and Hunt step up after getting some decent experience. I get a little frustrated with all the early year frustration with losses and struggles. This team needs to be playing their best ball in January. The defensive rotation will really pay off late in the year and the 16 games of experience with the offense with Uzomah, Ced, Boyd, Kroft and LaFell will start to pay off.
Reply/Quote