Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want Jegg Triplette And His Awful Crew Fired
There are "bad calls" and then there's "not seeing the call". I wish we knew the difference. It's easy for us to sit at home with much better angles (and replays) to immediately call foul towards the refs, I just wish there was a system in place that made things a little more "standard" and "fair".
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 06:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We were only up by 7, but that is my point.  Instead of turning the ball over on downs at the goal line, we were given a BS TD that gave us a 14 point lead.  He didn't screw us over, which was claimed to happen every time he officiates our game.

It doesn't matter. They tried their hardest to screw us over this game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 05:47 PM)McC Wrote: Two blocks in the back on the one SD TD.  Fouts even pointed out one of them.

Yup....and speaking of Fouts....his game call was pretty good, and actually gave us props and spoke fondly of Ken Anderson.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Honestly, I don't believe incompetence could possibly explain calls as bad as this game, and most games, league wide. Am I giving human beings too much credit?

Even when I watch a game I don't care about (a much better gauge), the officiating just doesn't seem like it could be attributed to "oops". Holds happening right next to the ball carrier not called, instant replays where they still get it wrong despite clear views, etc.

For the current game I'll agree with others that: Hill's knee was down. Dre did not do anything interpretable as a hold when he was hit in the face.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 07:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yup....and speaking of Fouts....his game call was pretty good, and actually gave us props and spoke fondly of Ken Anderson.

He had no choice, as Kenny would have replied with "What was your favorite moment playing in the Super Bowl, Dan?  Oh, wait..."
Reply/Quote
I don't mind a judgement call that I disagree with, but the lack of delay of game on that last SD drive was jaw-dropping. The clock showed 0 and another full second went by and then the ball was snapped and they got a huge gain. When that happened I thought for sure it was not going to be our day. Luckily it didn't matter.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:02 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I don't mind a judgement call that I disagree with, but the lack of delay of game on that last SD drive was jaw-dropping.  The clock showed 0 and another full second went by and then the ball was snapped and they got a huge gain.  When that happened I thought for sure it was not going to be our day.  Luckily it didn't matter.

Yes. These should be very black and white. There should always be a referee watching the play clock like a hawk making sure it doesn't reach zero before the ball is snapped. I'll forgive snaps made on 0, but when it's a full second or more .. it becomes blatantly obvious.

It'd be nice if there was a device on the refs (even if it was just two) that vibrated or something as soon as the play clock hit zero. They could then watch for the hike more closely and compare against the expiration of the clock.
Reply/Quote
Its pretty obvious now that Triplette has something against Cincy.
Reply/Quote
Just awful
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:55 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Its pretty obvious now that Triplette has something against Cincy.

He's from Shitsburgh
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 05:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Every single time this joker and his shit crew do our games, they miss a ton of calls AND **** us over.

TWICE delay of game, no calls. Dre gets hands to the face, HE gets called for a phantom hold.

And we all know that there was a laundry list. Officials miss calls all the time, but Triplette is garbage and he does this every week.

Seeing the game in person, you see more blatant penalties that you can often see on TV.  I could not believe the TD that was about a 9 yard pass play didn't get flagged for TWO blocks in the back.  The officiating today was pathetic.  It often is, and it is just something they have to deal with. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 05:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I didn't see them last game...

Of course I'll take the win, but this guy and his crew are simply awful.

You want to NOT call something, sure. But don't pull things out of your ass for one team and don't do the same for another. Its bullshit.

There were a number of times that he waited to throw a flag and it appears as though he waits to see if the play was a positive result and if it is, the flag comes out WAY LATER.  Is it a penalty or not?  Why do you wait to see if the pass is completed before throwing a BS flag for holding?

I was convinced the Dalton pass/fumble was not going to be overturned, but then I remembered that those are all reviewed at some bunker in NY.  Good!  Screwed him out of his potential screw!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 05:38 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I actually yelled so loud everyone in the house told me to shut up. Not only was it wrong but it was completely confusing. Kirkpatrick didn't even touch him!?

And the receiver pushed off on Dre's facemask.  I honestly think that the officials sometimes think he is Adam Jones and flag him for being a perceived jerk.  I will say this about Jones:  I never see him throw the first punch, but the little pitbull doesn't back down to anyone.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually Triplett's crew is pretty much middle of the pack:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/154752/inside-slant-almost-all-penalty-types-sorted-by-referee

I had no issues with the refs today

You have no issue when the clock hits 00 twice and it isn't called?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 11:53 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: You have no issue when the clock hits 00 twice and it isn't called?

Does YES have an issue with that?

yes
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 05:32 PM)Joelist Wrote: Tripplett is notorious among officials for the flag fests every game his crew calls.

That is interesting. On one SD TD there was not one but two blocks in the back on Bengal defenders. Now, I am not an official, but is that only on special teams that you can't do that? I always thought you had to engage and block from the front, period.

Either way, I am not sure being an official makes any difference in the NFL. They could pull people off a bus and have the same quality. The one consistent thing in my 45 years as a sports fan is the NFL has always had the worst officiating of any professional sport.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
I didn't watch the game (yet) but saw the highlights. The missed clip on the Rivers TD pass was bad. So bad, that Fouts even said they missed it. I'm sure the issues everyone else has are legit, but to be completely fair, did the refs miss any that would have benefitted the Chargers?
Reply/Quote
Not sure if anybody has mentioned this, but Dre got badly interfered with on the long pass to Floyd that he was in position to intercept. Floyd held him on the ground.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 06:29 PM)EatonFan Wrote: On the Rivers TD pass there were TWO blocks in the back.  That and Dre being called for illegal contact when clearly the WR pushed off.  Those were the bad calls, but those happen almost every week.

Yea definitely, sometimes it is hard to remember how fast the game is and that the refs don't stop a game then watch in slow motion then throw a flag.

Not the best officiating but I have seen worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:25 AM)McC Wrote: Not sure if anybody has mentioned this, but Dre got badly interfered with on the long pass to Floyd that he was in position to intercept.  Floyd held him on the ground.

Sometimes I wonder if the refs intentionally steer a game to make it more exciting.
Reply/Quote