Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want Kiffin..
If I was Mike Brown I'm picking up the phone and calling Lane Kiffin. Yes, I know he has a checkered past as a head coach and has an annoying tendency to run his mouth. Yet all his team's seem to score and score a lot. His time in Oakland was a bust in many ways, but I'm not sure a staff of Walsh, Belicheck, and Lombardi could win with Russell. His time at USC, he was dealing with sanctions. If the guy didn't rub his bosses the wrong way with his attitude, he'd be in a big time position.

What he's done at FAU this year has been pretty impressive. From the games ive seen, theyve improved each and every week. Fun fact, Jeff Driskel's younger brother is their QB.

I want an offensive minded coach. Check. Someone young and innovative. Check. Someone with some attitude.. Check.

I promise you this... he wouldn't allow this team to come in flat against Pittsburgh time and time again. And the trash talking wouldn't be a one way street anymore. This team needs an infusion of swagger and attitude. We ain't getting that by bringing in some greybearded establishment coach. Tonight he was going for 2 late and running it up on Akron (Yeah I know, it's only Akron) because he didn't like something their athletic director said. You want to change the culture and quit being the Steelers whipping boys? Bring in an attitude like that.
Reply/Quote
He seemed like an arrogant d1ck on his postgame bowl win interview on SportsCenter last night....however that may be just what we need!

Im all for outside the box thinking I just wonder if he wants to be back in the NFL or would rather wait for a P5 power school to open up.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
A head coach with a personality would be ideal.

Hell, a head coach with a ***** pulse would be greatly appreciated.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 10:23 AM)Big Boss Wrote: A head coach with a personality would be ideal.

Why do we want our head coach to have personality? It's not a bad thing just odd that I see it mentioned on here a lot.

I don't care if he's as interesting as a box of rocks as long as he can coach a team.
Reply/Quote
I want Nick Saban
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 10:23 AM)Big Boss Wrote: A head coach with a personality would be ideal.

Hilarious

Insert various pictures of Marv here!
Reply/Quote
Dude just signed a 10 yr deal we have a better chance at jon gruden
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 10:23 AM)Big Boss Wrote: A head coach with a personality would be ideal.

Hue has those things...just saying. Hey, remember when Jim Harbaugh was leaving the 49ers and we were talking in these parts about "Would you want Jim here, yes or no" and the overwhelming response was NO?
Reply/Quote
What about the guy that punched him... Tom Cable?

opps sorry I guess he punched someone else not kiffin
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 10:46 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I want Nick Saban

Heck, I'll take Haim Saban. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 02:21 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Dude just signed a 10 yr deal we have a better chance at jon gruden

I don't think we would sign him anyways, but if he got a big school or NFL offer....he gone.
Reply/Quote
Mikey Boy poking thru the trash now for the cheapest possible solution.

[Image: mikey_coach_search.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The frontrunners have already been announced. If Marvin actually leaves (doubt it), and if Hue Jackson stays in Cleveland, the only 2 people they will consider is Guenther or the special teams coach. So essentially if Marvin leaves, we get a new Marvin.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I remember Lane Kiffin's time with Oakland.
The same thought that is posted here is what was considered back then...perhaps an offensive-minded coach with a personality will change around that franchise.
Unfortunately, Lane Kiffin's Oakland record was 5-15 before being fired in 2008 just four games into the season. 2007 record was 4-12 and then 1-3 in the first four games.
Personally, I think he would butt heads with the Front Office all the time and isn't even that great of a HC, so I hope he does not become the next Bengals HC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 02:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I remember Lane Kiffin's time with Oakland.
The same thought that is posted here is what was considered back then...perhaps an offensive-minded coach with a personality will change around that franchise.
Unfortunately, Lane Kiffin's Oakland record was 5-15 before being fired in 2008 just four games into the season. 2007 record was 4-12 and then 1-3 in the first four games.
Personally, I think he would butt heads with the Front Office all the time and isn't even that great of a HC, so I hope he does not become the next Bengals HC.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
ill take anyone other than the inhouse candidates
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 02:20 PM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: The frontrunners have already been announced.  If Marvin actually leaves (doubt it), and if Hue Jackson stays in Cleveland, the only 2 people they will consider is Guenther or the special teams coach.  So essentially if Marvin leaves, we get a new Marvin.

only canidates so far that we have mentioned... Because it we start popping out names of other coaches we want some teams might try and snag them before we can talk.
Reply/Quote
I dont understand the love for lane kiffin. He doesnt stick around at any job very long. Why would you want a coach that is always looking to move on?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 09:12 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I dont understand the love for lane kiffin.  He doesnt stick around at any job very long.  Why would you want a coach that is always looking to move on?

Hes a football "player" he loves you then leaves you hung out to dry. 
Reply/Quote
nay on kiffin
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote