Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want the old Carlos Dunlap back...
Hope this is a blip but in a year when the Defense is playing well and the pass rush has had a renaissance with the new guys/greater rotation what has happened with #96?

He has really been a non factor this year...in fact after a strong start to last year in his last 10 games he has only 2 sacks and 2 passes defensed.  The way its going this is shaping up to be his worst year stats wise.

There has been a lot of focus on RDE and Johnsons lack of production leading to Lawson and Willis coming in but right now maybe we also need to look at increasing rotation on LDE too...
Reply/Quote
He never should have ran his mouth about breaking LT's record...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 01:29 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Hope this is a blip but in a year when the Defense is playing well and the pass rush has had a renaissance with the new guys/greater rotation what has happened with #96?

He has really been a non factor this year...in fact after a strong start to last year in his last 10 games he has only 2 sacks and 2 passes defensed.  The way its going this is shaping up to be his worst year stats wise.

There has been a lot of focus on RDE and Johnsons lack of production leading to Lawson and Willis coming in but right now maybe we also need to look at increasing rotation on LDE too...

you mean a young dunlap back?
Reply/Quote
Hope he is not starting to fall off already, thought he was relatively young still.

Last season he was extremely disruptive though, not giving up on Los just yet.

But more of a rotation with Willis would not be a bad idea.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if his drop off may have something to do with him "not understanding the process"
Reply/Quote
He does draw a lot of attention from the offense.

PFF rates him as Above Average so far.

But, Atkins is 29. Dunlap 28. They are free agents after next year. The clock is ticking on them here.
Reply/Quote
hes still disruptive to me. looks like he gets doubled n chipped a lot
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 01:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He never should have ran his mouth about breaking LT's record...

This is exactly what I thought last year when he was talking about it. DON'T TALK. JUST DO IT!
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
He's still very disruptive, and disruption = production
Reply/Quote
Maybe he could drop down and rush from the inside a few snaps a game just to keep the other team on their toes.

Lawson
Atkins
Dunlap
Smith

Pure pass rush.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 01:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He does draw a lot of attention from the offense.

PFF rates him as Above Average so far.

But, Atkins is 29. Dunlap 28. They are free agents after next year. The clock is ticking on them here.

God we are going to suck so bad in a couple years. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Jay Hayes used to be up in his face with photographs coaching him all the time on the bench like I have never seen him with any other player.

Think he might be high maintenance.

But like others have said he is still disruptive, gets a lot of attention from blockers, and a freak of an athlete.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Wait ...

it's not DunlOp? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is why coaches, Gm, players, and people in the know think fans dumbass'ss this thread right here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 02:05 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: hes still disruptive to me.  looks like he gets doubled n chipped a lot
Same.. Why do you think Lawson is doing so well?  Dunlap and Atkins are priority #1.  Even if his stats don't show it Dunlap is a monster.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: God we are going to suck so bad in a couple years. 

It wont be because we lose dunlap and atkins..... 
It will be because Marv is getting a 3 year extension....
Reply/Quote
They have always keyed on Dunlap and Geno instead of Peko and MJ.

But Carlos has had way better seasons.

Believe it is age, DL coaching, or a combination of both.

Still a valuable asset though and will probably get it going this week against Colts.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Maybe he is missing Peko's presence ?

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Is say I watched the all 22 tape on two games,and he's not getting many sacks but he's doing some things I'm not worried about Dunlap. Bills and Steelers ran the ball a lot also.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: God we are going to suck so bad in a couple years. 

I was thinking the same thing. All this talent man going to waste.
Reply/Quote