Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to make the Bengals fans feel better...really I do.
To be fair, I think both teams underachieved this year.

I think either team would have beat the Panthers, and I think either team would/should have beat the Broncos.

Next year should be interesting.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 08:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: So here's a memory from five years ago when the Steelers lost the Super Bowl to the Packers.

This was my Facebook post after the game:
[Image: 020616.jpg]

As you can see I was very upset!   Smirk

That summer I ran into a VERY big (physically) Packers fan at a gift shop at Virginia Beach.  I had a Steelers t-shirt on, he had a Packers one and he was right behind me in line.  

Neither one of said anything so I broke the ice and said the statue made out of coconuts was neat.  He smiled and said "Only thing that would be better would be if it had a cheese head hat that said Super Bowl Champs!"  And we both laughed and talked nicely.  Later that week I saw a guy with a Bruins jersey on.  I had held the door for him and his wife pushing a stroller and when he walked past I congratulated him on the Stanley Cup win and he was confused for a second and said "Oh!  Thanks!  I still can't believe it happened!"  My son, who was 9 at the time, asked me why I was nice to that guy because we're suppose to hate the Bruins (as Penguin fans) and I took the time to explain that in the end it is just a game and its good manners to congratulate the other guy when they win.

I don't know if either of us do that all the time, but it was a good life lesson.

Rock On

You know you're really a bengals fan at heart or you wouldnt spend so much time on the BENGALS boards.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 02:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You know you're really a bengals fan at heart or you wouldnt spend so much time on the BENGALS boards.

I've been around here since 2005.  I've grown to respect many of the posters here and really do feel for them never appreciating a Super Bowl.  

Other than that y'all can go jump in a lake!   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 02:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Other than that y'all can go jump in a lake!   Ninja

There's a mom joke in there, somewhere.
Ninja
Reply/Quote