Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was wrong about...
(09-15-2017, 02:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was wrong in thinking that those that have historically backed Andy to the point of silliness would stop once his performance slipped drastically..............

OK, I wasn't wrong. I knew they'd continue. There is nothing the dude can do that will cause some to question his ability to lead this team.

You've always been a fair guy on these boards. But I would consider you one of the ones your speaking of.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:30 PM)Benton Wrote: If this is going to turn into another "Andy is bad" thread, it will get merged. For those discussions, there's plenty of other threads.

That wasn't the intent of the thread, but it sure does seem to be going that way, eh?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was wrong in thinking that those that have historically backed Andy to the point of silliness would stop once his performance slipped drastically..............

OK, I wasn't wrong. I knew they'd continue. There is nothing the dude can do that will cause some to question his ability to lead this team.

You were actually the one I thought of when I made this thread. I was one who defended Dalton, but now admitting I feel I was wrong. So not all of those who defended Dalton will continue to defend him once his performance slipped drastically Wink

I feel not enough people are ever willing to admit they were wrong about something, so I wanted to be one of the few willing to do so.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:44 AM)thillan Wrote: I do think I was wrong about Dalton. The o-line is horrible, but man, he is making some awful decisions. More than a few of his throws (when he had NO pressure) were just terrible.

It's called the yips, and Dalton has them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You were actually the one I thought of when I made this thread. I was one who defended Dalton, but now admitting I feel I was wrong. So not all of those who defended Dalton will continue to defend him once his performance slipped drastically Wink

Here's the thing, I don't think anyone's defending his CURRENT play. Some of us, though, wonder why his current play somehow transforms all his previous GOOD play.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I really wasnt wrong about much to be honest. I definitely didn't think highly of Ross pick, and how he would transform the offense into a world beater overnight like others did. I didn't have high hopes for Zampese at all, nor Dalton for that matter (chicken & egg thing). I was with most on predicting the o-line will be the weak link, no matter how some would try to make them smell better than the turds that they are (other than Boling). Marvin shouldn't even be head coach at this point, so wasnt wrong there.

Lets see what else. Oh I was a proponent of Erickson, and he had more yards last night overall than anyone else, 2nd on receiving tho behind AJ. Saw plenty of others saying how he should be cut for whatever blah blah blah reason.

I guess if anything I will admit I got wrong was my overly optimistic prediction for last night, 20-10 Bengals winning. But I assumed that because the Texans are not a good team right now and we were at home on a short week. Apparently I didn't think we could have been worse than them.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I predicted 8 wins... Ain't happening.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
In response to the OP, I actually thought we'd be better than this. I thought the OL would not be great, but good enough and combined with the new offensive additions would be enough for the offense to be decent enough to win 10 games.

Boy, when I'm wrong, I'm WRONG. LOL

Cry
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Here's the thing, I don't think anyone's defending his CURRENT play. Some of us, though, wonder why his current play somehow transforms all his previous GOOD play.

Maybe I should have cleared that up, or at least why I made the statement I did...
Leading up to this season, there was debate on whether Dalton was in the 10-15 range, 16-20 range, or 21-25 range. Most settled on 10-15 vs 16-20.
I defended him, saying he was 12-15 based on active QBs and his 2016 performance.
So far from what we've seen in 2017 (preseason and two regular season games), he doesn't seem to currently be a top 15 QB. Not that he never was, I just don't feel he is right now.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe I should have cleared that up, or at least why I made the statement I did...
Leading up to this season, there was debate on whether Dalton was in the 10-15 range, 16-20 range, or 21-25 range. Most settled on 10-15 vs 16-20.
I defended him, saying he was 12-15 based on active QBs and his 2016 performance.
So far from what we've seen in 2017 (preseason and two regular season games), he doesn't seem to currently be a top 15 QB. Not that he never was, I just don't feel he is right now.

Fair enough and you'll get no disagreement from me.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:47 PM)jason Wrote: I predicted 8 wins... Ain't happening.

I think I said 8-8 +/-2 . So if we cant even get to 6 wins, which is probable, then I am wrong on that prediction for sure.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

Heck, I predicted 6-7 and now I'm even thinking that was too optimistic. This could be a 4-win team.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I was wrong about the read option quarterback being dead in the NFL.

Right now that's the Bengals' only chance to move the chains. Andy Dalton ran a good read option at TCU but....

...what?

The read option assumes excellent blocking exists?

Never mind.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I really wasnt wrong about much to be honest. I definitely didn't think highly of Ross pick, and how he would transform the offense into a world beater overnight like others did. I didn't have high hopes for Zampese at all, nor Dalton for that matter (chicken & egg thing). I was with most on predicting the o-line will be the weak link, no matter how some would try to make them smell better than the turds that they are (other than Boling). Marvin shouldn't even be head coach at this point, so wasnt wrong there.

Lets see what else. Oh I was a proponent of Erickson, and he had more yards last night overall than anyone else, 2nd on receiving tho behind AJ. Saw plenty of others saying how he should be cut for whatever blah blah blah reason.

I guess if anything I will admit I got wrong was my overly optimistic prediction for last night, 20-10 Bengals winning. But I assumed that because the Texans are not a good team right now and we were at home on a short week. Apparently I didn't think we could have been worse than them.

[Image: OfficialSnappyDassie-max-1mb.gif]

Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We need LaMar Jackson.  That's the only qb  that can do anything with our current ol and coaches.  I hope that what our franchise plan is.  Tank for LaMarr Jackson. 

Sarcasm
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote

I had us at the same 8 wins. 

I'm thinking 2-3 now.
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe I should have cleared that up, or at least why I made the statement I did...

I'm with you on this.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I had us at the same 8 wins. 

I'm thinking 2-3 now.

At first I shook my head, then I looked at the schedule.  The only games that I am fairly confident about are:

Cleveland, Chicago, Indy (all in Cincy).

The Bills maybe (in Cincy)

The defense is way too good for this team to go 2-14.  But it is certainly possible with the O-line
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:20 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: At first I shook my head, then I looked at the schedule.  The only games that I am fairly confident about are:

Cleveland, Chicago, Indy (all in Cincy).

The Bills maybe (in Cincy)

The defense is way too good for this team to go 2-14.  But it is certainly possible with the O-line

The only game I'm confident in is the the Indy game. Cleveland is going to take us out back behind the woodshed. Chicago is about like the game last night.....50/50.

Reply/Quote
I was wrong in thinking we wouldn't make a change at OC this early...
Reply/Quote