Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Worst to first?
(03-26-2020, 08:52 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Need more pieces.  Cannot go into season with a New QB with this OL. I know the OL showed some improvement but I cringe going into the season with Jordan as starting RG and Hart as RT.  Williams is an unknown.   Still some holes at backer, DE, OL, maybe WR.

This Draft is extremely deep at Guard. Think we can get a good one that can compete with Jordan at RG in the 3rd or 4th.

Also Burrow didn't exactly have a great Line at LSU, he is great at avoiding pressure, frickin' great.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 04:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know he will be a rookie but Joe Burrow isn't your normal rookie QB...

Pretty sure they said the same thing about Ryan Leaf.

The point is... we just don't know yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 01:48 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Pretty sure they said the same thing about Ryan Left.

Leaf had everything necessary to be great except the will to succeed.

Comparing Burrow to Leaf is just wrong, wrong, wrong.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 08:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Do I dare say it? “17-0”

[Image: thug-life-mic-drop-animated.gif]
You can say it, but we all think your nuts anyway... LMAO
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 01:48 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Pretty sure they said the same thing about Ryan Leaf.

As McC said, Burrow is much different in how he still wants to prove everyone wrong who ever doubted him.
Reply/Quote
I think they can but not for the recent free agent spending spree.
1.) Burrow will be an upgrade over Dalton.
2.) Adding AJ is like signing a superstar free agent WR + Jonah Williams is like adding a first RD pick.
3.) We have a great Dline that got better with the signing of of Reader. Not saying there the best but they finished the season on fire. In the last 7 games they had 21 sacks. That's three per a contest which if they averaged that the whole season would be 48 sacks on the year. Also they did this with trailing most of the time.I expect a 50 + sack total.
4.) Im pretty hyped about Pratt, Bates, and Jackson this season. Bates had a rough start to the season last year but played well to end it, Jackson struggled as well but I have confidence he will bounce back, and Pratt was playing like a stud to finish out the season. If those three guys play well then this defense will be damn good.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 08:55 PM)J24 Wrote: I think they can but not for the recent free agent spending spree.
1.) Burrow will be an upgrade over Dalton.
2.) Adding AJ is like signing a superstar free agent WR + Jonah Williams is like adding a first RD pick.
3.) We have a great Dline that got better with the signing of of Reader. Not saying there the best but they finished the season on fire. In the last 7 games they had 21 sacks. That's three per a contest which if they averaged that the whole season would be 48 sacks on the year. Also they did this with trailing most of the time.I expect a 50 + sack total.
4.) Im pretty hyped about Pratt, Bates, and Jackson this season. Bates had a rough start to the season last year but played well to end it, Jackson struggled as well but I have confidence he will bounce back, and Pratt was playing like a stud to finish out the season. If those three guys play well then this defense will be damn good.

I like how you are feeling today, I agree. Good times ahead. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 04:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Since 2003, a division basement dweller - who also had 5 or less wins - has ended up taking their division crown the following year on 16 different occasions.

Could the Bengals be the next to do it?

If AJ stays healthy and the defense plays to its talent level and Burrow has a decent season, then I'm expecting a playoff birth.

The biggest question mark is the coaching, i.e., game planning, play calling, defensive alignments, etc. Going from 6 wins to only 2 caused more questions about these guys.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 02:07 AM)BengalChris Wrote: If AJ stays healthy and the defense plays to its talent level and Burrow has a decent season, then I'm expecting a playoff birth.

The biggest question mark is the coaching, i.e., game planning, play calling, defensive alignments, etc. Going from 6 wins to only 2 caused more questions about these guys.

Feel the same, just hope this Free Agency is a sign that these coaches have a plan. Sure looks like it, but planning Free Agency 
is different than in game coaching as we all know. Taylor's play calling was beyond sad last season but it sure didn't help losing
AJ, Jonah, Ross and Glenn for lots of time. Taylor is building his team now, just hope it stays healthy.
Reply/Quote