Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I wasn't worried, now I'm worried. The Bengals are light at TE
They have been grading position groups on "Moving the Chains" and yesterday they were doing Tight End groups. When they got to the AFCN North, they started with the Ravens, who got a 19. When they got to the Bengals, they got a 9. I wasn't to focused on TE's because we signed Hayden Hurst, and I expect him to have a good year. But then Pat Kirwin mentioned what if Hurst goes down. That leaves Sample and Wilcox to be out #1 and #2 Tight Ends. I realize we don't use the TE that much with our WR group, but if they are still going to being a player in, they maybe ought to look at another Tight End. BTW, neither expected Washington or Moss to even make the team anywhere but possibly the PS.
Reply/Quote
Still time to find another TE on the veteran market

Depth will be tested at some position this season im sure.
Reply/Quote
Ask the Cleveland Browns how far having a deep TE room got them in the last
2 seasons ?
The truth is , it's impossible to be deep at every position in the NFL.
That's great ,the Ravens are well stocked at TE. But if Andrews goes down
They are in no better shape than Cincy in the TE room unless I'm forgetting a FA
They signed in the off season
Behind Andrews are a couple rookies drafted this year.
Ask Pat and Jim about the Ravens WR depth .
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 08:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They have been grading position groups on "Moving the Chains" and yesterday they were doing Tight End groups. When they got to the AFCN North, they started with the Ravens, who got a 19. When they got to the Bengals, they got a 9. I wasn't to focused on TE's because we signed Hayden Hurst, and I expect him to have a good year. But then Pat Kirwin mentioned what if Hurst goes down. That leaves Sample and Wilcox to be out #1 and #2 Tight Ends. I realize we don't use the TE that much with our WR group, but if they are still going to being a player in, they maybe ought to look at another Tight End. BTW, neither expected Washington or Moss to even make the team anywhere but possibly the PS.

If Rashod Bateman goes down for the Ravens then our local 8th grade team can cover their WR corp. Every team can’t be good everywhere. In our case we’ve got problems at TE,RB, and DT depth wise.It is what it is.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
It took a radio show for you to realize the tight end depth is weak? It’s the same situation as last season.

And it’s really not a big deal with the improved o-line + the big 3 and Mixon
Reply/Quote
If the TE position was a vital part of the Bengals offense, I would be worried; but it isn't, so I'm not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The chargers have have 4-5 te on their roster, any of which would be good depth here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
This offense just doesn’t make good use of the TE in the passing game. Even last year when CJ had a “big” year, he only had about 500 yards. That is less than 50% of what the top TE’s had and only placed him at 20th in the league at the position.

It just doesn’t make sense to invest big at this position so if there is one spot on this team to be light at it’s this one. It’s not worth losing any sleep over.
Reply/Quote
Cook is available and I am sure others are well. The longer he is not under contract, the better chance a guy like Cook can be signed for a 1 year team friendly deal. He is 35, but a beast in the redzone and very experienced and still has speed for a TE.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 08:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They have been grading position groups on "Moving the Chains" and yesterday they were doing Tight End groups. When they got to the AFCN North, they started with the Ravens, who got a 19. When they got to the Bengals, they got a 9. I wasn't to focused on TE's because we signed Hayden Hurst, and I expect him to have a good year. But then Pat Kirwin mentioned what if Hurst goes down. That leaves Sample and Wilcox to be out #1 and #2 Tight Ends. I realize we don't use the TE that much with our WR group, but if they are still going to being a player in, they maybe ought to look at another Tight End. BTW, neither expected Washington or Moss to even make the team anywhere but possibly the PS.

If Rashod Bateman goes down for the Ravens then our local 8th grade team can cover their WR corp. Every team can’t be good everywhere. In our case we’ve got problems at TE,RB, and DT. It is what it is.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 09:51 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: This offense just doesn’t make good use of the TE in the passing game. Even last year when CJ had a “big” year, he only had about 500 yards. That is less than 50% of what the top TE’s had and only placed him at 20th in the league at the position.

It just doesn’t make sense to invest big at this position so if there is one spot on this team to be light at it’s this one. It’s not worth losing any sleep over.

Verty few teams use TE as a "main" weapon.  Only 3 had 1000 yards.  Only 4 more had more than 800.

It will hurt our attack some if Hurst goes down, but it won't be a major loss.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have never relied on their tight end to carry a heavy part of the load offensively. Hurst and Sample are fine - and there's nothing wrong with that.

Pretty nice the biggest thing we are worried about going into the season is tight end "depth" lol
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Along with the guys you mentioned, they signed the Eubanks kid this offseason.    If healthy, I'm surprised Chris Herndon hasn't signed anywhere yet.   He probably has the most upside of any of the FA tight ends I remember seeing out there the last time I looked assuming he hasn't yet (it's been a while), and he's not super long in the tooth like some dudes who get brought up often.  
Reply/Quote
Need a TE/FB hybrid
Reply/Quote

You could use this for about any position on the Bengals right now.
Depth at TE, WR, QB, OL are all bad/unproven.
What might have to happen if Hurst goes down is utilizing RB even more in the passing game with Sample being used primary as a blocker.
As some have said if an injury happens to WR, emphasize TE and RBs more in the passing game since there's not a good WR4 (currently) to fill in.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
TE is probably the least important part of our offense. We have 3 WR's that need the ball and a RB. We'll be fine.
Reply/Quote
There are only so many balls to go around so I'm not too worried but there are still vet options, and more after camp cuts, if we'd need to tap those due to injury.
Reply/Quote
TE is at the bottom of the barrel for my worries on offense. Having said that if they can pick up a vet after camp cuts that offers a bit more than Sample and the crew it would be great.
Reply/Quote
I honestly think Burrow just prefers throwing to WRs, specifically from 5 WR/empty sets. That is probably why we didn't re-sign CJ and went cheaper at the position. We have a deep WR corps. That is the focus.

Reply/Quote
If Moss made the 53 I wouldn't be shocked. Could be a breakout player for us if opportunity rises (injury).
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote