Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I went to buy a Burrow jersey and...
It says number 9 is not officially his number yet. It said shipment would be once the number is determined. I guess he may opt for a different number. Has anyone heard?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 09:14 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: It says number 9 is not officially his number yet. It said shipment would be once the number is determined. I guess he may opt for a different number. Has anyone heard?

Where did you order yours?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He already picked 9...

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/joe-burrow-no-9-10-bengals

Reply/Quote
I guess it is a mute point as others have pointed out Joe is number 9. This was on the NFL Shop website.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I just need a nameplate for my #9 jersey. Will be burning the other nameplate as he is dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Nobody should ever tell someone else what to do with their money, but I don’t like you cheapskates putting that bad Palmer juju on Burrow...

Reply/Quote
He should go back to 10.

10 always produces legends in just about any sport.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nobody should ever tell someone else what to do with their money, but I don’t like you cheapskates putting that bad Palmer juju on Burrow...

It’s a totally different jersey, too.

It's a totally different manufacturer, the jersey design is the same (unless the two-tone collar is THAT important to you). And personally, I find the Reebok authentic jerseys were way better made than the Nike ones, especially for the Bengals. I like my Bengals jerseys to have defined stripes on them, not two tiny strips and 4/5ths of a sleeve blank. And Nike's materials just feel cheap to me when I've seen them. 

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm going to be elated to take my authentic Palmer jersey in and get that swine's name ripped off and replaced with Burrow. If you like Nike, that's cool, but I haven't bought a jersey since they took over the rights and I'm 100% happy with that decision so far.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:29 PM)Ravage Wrote: It's a totally different manufacturer, the jersey design is the same (unless the two-tone collar is THAT important to you). And personally, I find the Reebok authentic jerseys were way better made than the Nike ones, especially for the Bengals. I like my Bengals jerseys to have defined stripes on them, not two tiny strips and 4/5ths of a sleeve blank. And Nike's materials just feel cheap to me when I've seen them. 

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm going to be elated to take my authentic Palmer jersey in and get that swine's name ripped off and replaced with Burrow. If you like Nike, that's cool, but I haven't bought a jersey since they took over the rights and I'm 100% happy with that decision so far.

I bought a Nike (AJ) because I like the color rush. Best jersey we have, imo.

I’ll probably get a Burrow color rush when the stitched limited or elite jerseys become available.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nobody should ever tell someone else what to do with their money, but I don’t like you cheapskates putting that bad Palmer juju on Burrow...

I think Burrow would approve of the cheapskate route so long as that person donates some of the savings to their local food bank.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I bought a Nike (AJ) because I like the color rush. Best jersey we have, imo.

I’ll probably get a Burrow color rush when the stitched limited or elite jerseys become available.

The color rush jerseys are as close as I've come to getting a Nike jersey. They do look filthy good, no argument here.

Like I said it's just a personal preference for me between the two. I know some don't like Nike b/c of political stuff, that's not the case for me, it's 100% aesthetics and materials. The sleeve stripes thing I just can't get past (except maybe for the Color Rush eventually). I get it, they all wear the short sleeves in the actual games, but if you're making a full sleeve jersey, print stripes on the full damn sleeve.

I'm in the same boat with MLB jerseys now. The second I saw Nike plastered the damn swoosh on the front chests of all MLB jerseys I was livid. Bottom of the sleeve like Majestic did? Fine. Hell, a swoosh under the MLB logo on the back of the neck? Acceptable. But plastered on the front chest? No. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I bought a Nike (AJ) because I like the color rush. Best jersey we have, imo.

Tell me more about these stitched limited/elite jerseys
Reply/Quote
Bought 2. One for me, one for the daughter. About to cancel cause its saying it wont be here until Oct.6.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:22 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: He should go back to 10.

Says the guy with a #9 Burrow jersey as his avatar picture..   Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Maybe the NFL is trying to talk him out of making it so easy for people to NOT buy his jersey since they can just replace the PALMER nameplate. It is bidness, after alL!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:57 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Tell me more about these stitched limited/elite jerseys

Nike makes 3 types; game (which have screen printed names and numbers), limited (which are mid level with embroidered names and numbers), and elite (which are authentic same as the players wear with embroidered name/numbers and come in numeric sizes 40, 44, 48, etc instead of L, XL...)

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:22 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: He should go back to 10.

10's not bad.  I can think of a couple legends off the top of my head.

But 9 is what you wear if you're The Natural.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Mr. Hockey wore #9. When another pro athlete is still playing at a high level at age 52 let me know.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 12:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nike makes 3 types; game (which have screen printed names and numbers), limited (which are mid level with embroidered names and numbers), and elite (which are authentic same as the players wear with embroidered name/numbers and come in numeric sizes 40, 44, 48, etc instead of L, XL...)

Any ideas when they'll have those limited ones?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 12:27 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Any ideas when they'll have those limited ones?

Not sure. I want a Burrow, but all they have on NFL Shop right now are the screen printed game ones.

Reply/Quote