Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I will be the A@$hole
(01-06-2023, 02:55 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: What if it were the playoff game that this had happened? The game would have had to be played cause you know they cannot impact the other playoff teams.

It was a playoff game not very well disguised as a regular season game hence all of the chaos surrounding it. If it had been non PO teams we wouldn't be having these problems.  I agree with the OP - the Bills should be happy their player is alive (thanks to UCMC) - and should do us a solid for all of the things the Bengals have done for them including sending them to the playoffs in 17. Yes they sent money to Andy's charity and that was a fantastic gesture but we also repaid that to Hamlin's GoFundMe basically leaving us with chicken wings.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 05:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can't believe i spent 7 minutes of my life watching that and almost commented...

Perfect material for the mentally-challenged who say the Bengals are dirty and/or those who say it was Tee's fault.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:25 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm guessing Katie either recused herself or she was simply outvoted by other members of the committee. I struggle to believe that she was on board with this.

Sounds like she actually fought for the team. She voted no as well as 5 other owners. They needed 24 yes votes, they got 25. The thing that bothers me is the fact that there is a rule on the books to deal with this contrary to what’s been said. The league just decided to come up with this legislation on the fly ignoring the rules on the books.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:33 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: (SMDH!!!!!!)

Both coaches….let me repeat that….BOTH COACHES agreed not to play the game.  They did the right thing.  Both sidelines had players in tears.  If the NFL would have FORCED the teams to play, I would have boycotted them for the rest of my life.

So yeah….you’re a sphincter!

Can you not read?  The rules state that the game must resume within 48 hours.  They got on a plane that night.  They didn't even wait to see what would happen even for a day.  And now we may have a coin flip for a home playoff game.  And no...both coaches did not...Zac approached McDermott and he said he needed to go to the hospital.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:57 PM)cinci4life Wrote: This has to be an all time low. How can anyone think he's faking a cardiac arrest. What a clown.

Or the world is more corrupt than you're willing to realize. .
Reply/Quote
Only thing I will say is that I was a bit surprised they flew back so soon. Granted, they likely had the plane ready, as usual for an away game, and many probably wanted to go home and hug their kids, etc. I mean, I was able to reason it, but the first 3 seconds, I was like, "what."
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 07:04 PM)Destro Wrote: Only thing I will say is that I was a bit surprised they flew back so soon. Granted, they likely had the plane ready, as usual for an away game, and many probably wanted to go home and hug their kids, etc. I mean, I was able to reason it, but the first 3 seconds, I was like, "what."

Once I heard they flew back I knew that game would never be played. Think the only window they had to work with was 2-3 days. I will be pissed if KC loses this weekend.

By flying back to Buffalo so soon it really made the situation more difficult than it needed to be. Every Bengal fan should be upset. The NFL chose to ignore the rules and make up new ones on the fly.
Reply/Quote
Two things…. Who the f&$K is Jake? And when did Bates get fined?
Reply/Quote
If this had happened to Henderson, Reader, Chase, etc…I’d hope Buffalo would do the same as Taylor, and not play the game.

Kudos to McDermott and Taylor for deciding not to play the game. The players’ lives deserve more respect than a few random fans being butt hurt because they, Lord forbid, didn’t get to observe a football game!

I’m prouder of this Bengals team now because of their actions this week than I was a week ago…and I’ve been proud of this team for decades. They did the right thing in supporting Demar and the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:23 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry your wrong.. end of story

No you are wrong end of story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote