Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I will watch the draft, and will be eating..
(04-26-2022, 03:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I will be watching the draft, as always.  This year will be at a neighbor’s house outside with a fire pit.  

I will be enjoying a nice Chianti, with some fava beans.

And celebrating as we crush our enemies, to see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** YEAH...
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 03:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I will be watching the draft, as always.  This year will be at a neighbor’s house outside with a fire pit.  

I will be enjoying a nice Chianti, with some fava beans.

I hear liver goes well with that especially roasted over that fire pit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 03:06 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Eh frying steaks I try to stay away from doing, plus it’s not as healthy since you are still frying it. I’m sure it’s fine and tasty though.

And of course I have a grill which makes meat taste good.

Air Frying doesn't use oil, so it's just as healthy as, if not more healthy than, grilling.

I absolutely love my grill, but I've found the air fryer to be a great indoor cooking alternative to pan frying with oil/butter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Trying to decide myself, but I'll probably go with Dominos pizza. Pretty good and inexpensive.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 05:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Air Frying doesn't use oil, so it's just as healthy as, if not more healthy than, grilling.

I absolutely love my grill, but I've found the air fryer to be a great indoor cooking alternative to pan frying with oil/butter.

I don’t have an air fryer, but maybe I can put that on a Christmas list sometime. I can’t not use my grill on draft night. My tradition is to grill something then harass the kids that get on my lawn all the time.
Reply/Quote
I'll be smoking a butt all day Thursday and have pulled pork samichies for the draft. I'll be knocking back a few Natty Lights
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 02:00 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Ah that sucks. I also have to wake up early as hell for work. I used to wake up at 3 and get here at 4. It's better now. 

Holy crap! 3:00 a.m. That's roofing hours I used to do roofing when I started college. I wouldn't even be able to go to sleep by 3:00
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 05:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Air Frying doesn't use oil, so it's just as healthy as, if not more healthy than, grilling.

A lot of the pros chefs use the cast iron skillet to sear the steak no more than 90 seconds to 2 minutes aside. Of course you do this in olive oil and then put some butter on after. Then use your air fryer to cook to mid rare which is right around 125. Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes. It will bring the temp up to about 130 while resting.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll be smoking a butt all day Thursday and have pulled pork samichies for the draft. I'll be knocking back a few Natty Lights

What smoker do you use?  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 11:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What smoker do you use?  

Much like my choice of beer, nothing fancy. Just an electric Pit Boss. 

Reply/Quote
I, myself, all alone in the world will be watching the draft! Probably having leftovers......
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 11:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I, myself, all alone in the world will be watching the draft! Probably having leftovers......

You have us Big Grin
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I may be a Bengals fan, but while watching round one of the draft I always drink...DA BEERZ

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 10:28 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: You have us Big Grin

Don't make him feel worst!! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 12:19 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: WVUHomer would like to announce that yes, he will be watching the draft (and listening to podcasts) while likely eating chicken tenders from the gas station near my parents house. Not sure if any beverages will be consumed however.

Homer, if the best chicken in your parents' neighborhood comes from a gas station, they probably need to move.

Although, there is the rare gas station that hits it out of the park.  If you're ever on Indiana 46 east of Bloomington, do not miss the Gnaw Bone tenderloin at the Marathon station in Gnaw Bone.  If you're lucky you might even see Mellencamp picking up take-out.
Reply/Quote
Back when I lived in Ohio, I would always get Skyline for draft day.
I guess I could always buy a can of Skyline from the grocery store down here and make my own coneys, but they just don't taste quite the same as from the restaurant.
I think it's the cheese Skyline uses.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Then Friday night I’m going to Mongolian Grill in Sayton to celebrate much wife’s birthday. I’m not sure how much I’ll miss but I’ll be paying attention to it as much as I can
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 01:35 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Then Friday night I’m going to Mongolian Grill in Sayton to celebrate much wife’s birthday. I’m not sure how much I’ll miss but I’ll be paying attention to it as much as I can

Fun fact: I've been to a Mongolian Grill in Ulaanbaatar

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 01:10 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Homer, if the best chicken in your parents' neighborhood comes from a gas station, they probably need to move.

Although, there is the rare gas station that hits it out of the park.  If you're ever on Indiana 46 east of Bloomington, do not miss the Gnaw Bone tenderloin at the Marathon station in Gnaw Bone.  If you're lucky you might even see Mellencamp picking up take-out.

FWIW, I didn't say the best but they have tenders that actually have meat and not just breading.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll be smoking a butt all day Thursday and have pulled pork samichies for the draft. I'll be knocking back a few Natty Lights

What butt do you use? Do you prefer them round marbled with some fat or do you prefer them leaner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote