Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I wish today was a five quarter game".
Nice article on CJ about Sam and the Bengals beating the brakes off of Glanville and the Oilers back in 1989. I watched the entire game and was stoked afterwards. Went outside and threw the ball around even though it was the middle of winter.
I just loved that quote from him, was pure awesome!
Someone feel free to bring it over here if they like. I'm not savy like that or I would.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 04:00 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Nice article on CJ about Sam and the Bengals beating the brakes off of Glanville and the Oilers back in 1989. I watched the entire game and was stoked afterwards. Went outside and threw the ball around even though it was the middle of winter.
I just loved that quote from him, was pure awesome!
Someone feel free to bring it over here if they like. I'm not savy like that or I would.

I got to rewatch that while it was still up in the Media Vault. 

Fun times.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Link'd

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/7/4/8892369/bengals-moments-beating-the-oilers-61-7

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
That the game we were beating em like 40 points and Wyche onside kicked in the 4th qtr. ? LOL Those two HC's truly hated each other to say the least.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 06:52 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That the game we were beating em like 40 points and Wyche onside kicked in the 4th qtr. ? LOL Those two HC's truly hated each other to say the least.

Yep, that's the one. Sam HATED the Oilers coach, Jerry Glanville.

In the 4th quarter, up 45-0 Sam went for it on 4th down and an onside kick - both of which were successful. The Bengals one 61-7.

The entire game used to be on youtube.
Reply/Quote
Great beat-down, but too bad that season ended 8-8. What a disappointment. Would've loved to have seen what they could have accomplished in the playoffs.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
One of the biggest reasons I love Sam so much was this game......lol. Classic.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote