Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder how much steak these guys put away?
(12-24-2021, 01:14 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Waiting for Joe to replace the Cleveland QB in the Heisman house.  So sick of that smirk.

I actually think Baker is pretty funny in a lot of those commercials, but his douchey taunt (flag?) of Hue Jackson sticks in my mind. 

I forgot all about Burrow being in those commercials.  That would be pretty funny.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Many years ago Sports Illustarted had a great story about the everyday lives of NFL linemen.  They talked about how they had to be careful of what chairs they sat on.  And how they could not enjoy a lot of sports cars because they could not fit in them.  And though it sounds strange to many of us who struggle with our weight a lot of these guys have to work hard to keep weight on with as much exercise as they get. At one point the writer was out to eat with a group of them at a seafood restaurant and the players were getting drawn butter in water glasses for their lobster.

Since then I have dreamed of ordering a water glass full of melted butter to go with a meal.  That is some straight up Henry the 8th shit.
Reply/Quote
Just perusing the menu, not including my wife (who won't have a steak, as she isn't a huge steak fan), I would definitely be dropping $120.00+ here :o

https://www.jeffruby.com/Portals/jeffruby/Documents/Menus/2021-12-17%201%20PC%20Dinner%20Menu.pdf?cache=1640363015608

Boomer Bisque
Steak Burrow (Striploin is my favourite cut)
Side Greek Salad
Vanilla Bean Crème Brulée

Next time I'm in the city, I gotta save up lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Guess he actually found somewhere in Cincy that is not boring...lol... trying to beef them up before the Ravens pass rush
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 12:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's called, "Changing the culture."

Rep.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow took the O-line out to eat with three games left in the season last year.  He gave them this speech on teamwork.  

For some treason Alex Redmond went to "inactive" status for the final three games.

. . . and from that day forward, Joe B was short for Joey Bats
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Wait... they serve SUSHI as well?!!

https://www.jeffruby.com/Portals/jeffruby/Documents/Menus/2021-11-09%20Sushi%20-%20JR.pdf?cache=1640363609821

:o
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 11:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: When there are work dinners there that maybe the boss takes us out for as a special occasion, when you factor in drinks (because everyone is ubered from a hotel), it can easily top $200 per person, but seriously, half of that is alcohol.  

Woof, that be some dough to fork out... Shocked

Good on Joe, bet he has other gifts too for the OL from what he said in his interview as Truck said.
Reply/Quote
It's only once a year, it's doable!!!! I want some steaks now!!
Reply/Quote

#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Many years ago Sports Illustarted had a great story about the everyday lives of NFL linemen.  They talked about how they had to be careful of what chairs they sat on.  And how they could not enjoy a lot of sports cars because they could not fit in them.  And though it sounds strange to many of us who struggle with our weight a lot of these guys have to work hard to keep weight on with as much exercise as they get. At one point the writer was out to eat with a group of them at a seafood restaurant and the players were getting drawn butter in water glasses for their lobster.

Since then I have dreamed of ordering a water glass full of melted butter to go with a meal.  That is some straight up Henry the 8th shit.

sounds like a gout attack in the making
Reply/Quote
The Old '96er

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxcxohgXD4o
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing old Jeff Ruby gives them a huge discount to come to his restaurant.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Woof, that be some dough to fork out... Shocked

Good on Joe, bet he has other gifts too for the OL from what he said in his interview as Truck said.

He’s been sacked more than any other qb in the league!  Why buy incompetence anything?  He’s already the highest rated qb in the league, can you imagine how good he could be with a dominate line.  Multiple Super Bowls if they finally wise up.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 11:24 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Unless Joe was referring specifically to this, I also think he got them all something, given what he said in his interview.

Less of a team and more of a family.

oh yeah he got them something

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2021, 03:30 AM)Nickslycat Wrote: He’s been sacked more than any other qb in the league!  Why buy incompetence anything?  He’s already the highest rated qb in the league, can you imagine how good he could be with a dominate line.  Multiple Super Bowls if they finally wise up.

A lot of those sacks are on Joe and the way he plays though. Of course we need to improve the OL but even if we had the best 
OL in the NFL Joe Burrow would be sacked more than most. Just the way he plays. Spain has had a terrific season and the young
guys are getting better under Pollack. Joe loves his OL and appreciates them, nothing wrong with buying them some gifts and 
buying them dinner. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2021, 03:30 AM)Nickslycat Wrote: He’s been sacked more than any other qb in the league!  Why buy incompetence anything?  He’s already the highest rated qb in the league, can you imagine how good he could be with a dominate line.  Multiple Super Bowls if they finally wise up.

Like the oline aren't people too, right?

Shut up.
Reply/Quote
Joe was asked how he decided on the G-Shock watches....

Quote:so I was going to go with the Rolex's first, but those were a little out of my price range at this point in my career so we went with the G-SCHOCKs.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote