Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I wonder what Colin Cowturd Has To Say About Andy Dalton Now?
(10-12-2015, 02:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In the end, this is just a dude that's paid to be controversial and also to pander to the fans of popular teams. The Bengals will probably never be one of those teams. Unless they win a championship and collect some bandwagon fans in the process. Until then, these talking heads desperately need a reason to doubt the Bengals. Dalton has been an easy target because he hasn't been a stud QB yet.

Here's what no one really understands. Even if the Bengals win the SB this year, the talking heads will:

(1) still come up with reasons why we shouldn't have; or
(2) deride us because we'd be 1-2 in the SB's we've played in; or
(3) we've never won a SB before; or
(4) say we got lucky; or
(5) reserve judgement because they want to see that we do in 2016; or
(6) any other stupid, negative comment they can think of
Reply/Quote
The guy's kind of a clown. I saw some of the pregame programs yesterday and you can tell that other guys on the show he's on consider him the laugh guy. They were running some sort of simulation about how AJ Green needed to get off the line against Sherman. Cowerd was supposed to be the QB. I don't know if he got the "Stupid" look on his face as part of his act. Or, if he really is "stupid". Either way, he does "stupid" pretty well.
Reply/Quote
The guy is paid to be provocative. The fact that we are sitting here having this discussion proves that he is doing his job. I'm not sure what this says about our society, but most of these radio guys (sports, politics, etc) are not paid to provide honesty and insight... they are paid to be controversial and get people riled up.
Reply/Quote