Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder what it would take..
In order for the Bengals to acquire the #2 pick? Since we're all in "dreaming and supposing" mode, imagine if the Bengals had not just the top pick, but the top two overall selections in this draft. Then, they could scoop up both Burrow and Young.

What do you think it would take? I wonder if the Redskins would be sellers for a deal that might include AJ Green, next year's 1st round pick, and a few mid round picks?

What do you think? Is something like this even possible, or is this just too far out in dreamland?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 03:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In order for the Bengals to acquire the #2 pick?  Since we're all in "dreaming and supposing" mode, imagine if the Bengals had not just the top pick, but the top two overall selections in this draft.  Then, they could scoop up both Burrow and Young.

What do you think it would take?  I wonder if the Redskins would be sellers for a deal that might include AJ Green, next year's 1st round pick, and a few mid round picks?

What do you think?  Is something like this even possible, or is this just too far out in dreamland?

lol. Don't worry. It's dreamer day. After i posted my thread, i thought the exact same thing. Could they--do they have enough--to do that?

It would require some trades to get more picks and they'd end up with Burrow and Young and not much else, unless they tried to keep their 2nd round pick this year and give a couple 1st rounders in '21 and '22. 

Burrow, Young and Kindley and nothing else. Sign me up!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
You would probably have to move Green and Dalton for picks this year. If, and at this point this may be a big if, you can get a 1st and 2nd for them you would probably have to package those two picks+next years first+a couple of day two picks. I don't think a future 1st+a 30+ year old WR would do it for most teams, but the Redskins are dumb.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 11:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. Don't worry. It's dreamer day. After i posted my thread, i thought the exact same thing. Could they--do they have enough--to do that?

It would require some trades to get more picks and they'd end up with Burrow and Young and not much else, unless they tried to keep their 2nd round pick this year and give a couple 1st rounders in '21 and '22. 

Burrow, Young and Kindley and nothing else. Sign me up!

I'm fine with mortgaging the '21 pick, but not the '22.  They must be able to come up with a plan for the '21 1st, a player maybe AJ Green, and a "variety" of other picks.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 11:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm fine with mortgaging the '21 pick, but not the '22.  They must be able to come up with a plan for the '21 1st, a player maybe AJ Green, and a "variety" of other picks.

Yep. 

Only, Mikey values those late round picks too much. You know, the ones they always miss on?

Get ready to rack up those 5th and 6th rounders, boys!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
They may not be able to get the top 2 picks but they could draft Young with the 2nd pick if they trade with the Dolphins and get a later first rounder. With that second 1st rounder, they could maybe get Tua. Tua has risk and sort of fits that Mike Brown picking a talented but injured first rounder. But if Tua is healthy, Young, Tua, and maybe Austin Jackson and Kindley. They need at least one WR and two Backers.

I think they will draft Burrow number 1 overall and go from there. That kid from Penn State is a good edge player. If the Bengals could go: Burrow, edge, Kindley, and two backers, it would be a start especially if Williams is a good LT. Hart needs to be replaced too but maybe next year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
It would cost way too much to seriously consider. My dream scenario is getting the number one overall pick and having Miami get the number two, assuming they have one QB they clearly are targeting. The Bengals let it be known they are willing to listen to offers, so Miami decides to give us their first pick plus the first rounder they acquired from Pittsburgh- which may wind up top 12-15 if their offense keeps it current pace. Even better would be Tampa having the number 3 overall, and then trade down again with them- assuming they're targeting a QB also. Take Young with that pick.

Obviously this precludes going QB with the top pick, so some won't be on board.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 03:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In order for the Bengals to acquire the #2 pick?  Since we're all in "dreaming and supposing" mode, imagine if the Bengals had not just the top pick, but the top two overall selections in this draft.  Then, they could scoop up both Burrow and Young.

What do you think it would take?  I wonder if the Redskins would be sellers for a deal that might include AJ Green, next year's 1st round pick, and a few mid round picks?

What do you think?  Is something like this even possible, or is this just too far out in dreamland?

Anything is possible, but it would definitely take a haul since they wouldn't have another first rounder this year in trade.  I would rather go the other way, selling the first overall pick to the team picking at #2 and get which one is left, assuming it is Miami as they would want Burrow and then take Young and some other picks. 
Reply/Quote
If we are going off the old draft pick chart, 2020 2nd/2021 1st/2021 2nd and maybe some day 3 picks. In reality though very few teams would be willing to trade all the way out of the 1st when another team would probably offer something to move up and let them stay in the 1st.
Reply/Quote
So let's do it by the trade chart and the math.

The 2nd pick this year is worth 2600.

We trade...
This years 2nd rounder....580 points
This years 4th rounder....112 points
Total...………………………….692 points

We trade next years 1st rounder....valued at pick 5 area......1700 points
We trade next years 3rd rounder...…………………………………...245 points
Total...…………………………………………………………………………….1945 points

1945 plus 692 equals 2637 vs the 2600 value of this years 2nd pick....

However.....Chicago sort of set a standard when they acquired Trubisky. They overpaid in points value about a mid/late 1st. This is where AJ Green comes into it. You'd have to trade him also.

So in summary, as I see a starting point,,,,it would cost a 2nd and 4th this year, a 1st and 3rd next year....and AJ Green. That values AJ Green as a late 1st freebie, and assumes we'd be picking in the 5 range next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 09:46 AM)Goalpost Wrote: So let's do it by the trade chart and the math.

The 2nd pick this year is worth 2600.

We trade...
This years 2nd rounder....580 points
This years 4th rounder....112 points
Total...………………………….692 points

We trade next years 1st rounder....valued at pick 5 area......1700 points
We trade next years 3rd rounder...…………………………………...245 points
Total...…………………………………………………………………………….1945 points

1945 plus 692 equals 2637 vs the 2600 value of this years 2nd pick....

However.....Chicago sort of set a standard when they acquired Trubisky. They overpaid in points value about a mid/late 1st.  This is where AJ Green comes into it.  You'd have to trade him also.

So in summary, as I see a starting point,,,,it would cost a 2nd and 4th this year, a 1st and 3rd next year....and AJ Green.  That values AJ Green as a late 1st freebie, and assumes we'd be picking in the 5 range next year.

Future picks aren't valued at the same as current year picks. A future first for example usually get's ballpark value between 800-1200 based on if you are a good team or bad team. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 09:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: Future picks aren't valued at the same as current year picks. A future first for example usually get's ballpark value between 800-1200 based on if you are a good team or bad team. 

Sounds reasonable.  I'm just trying to establish a starting point.  So you are saying our future picks in value aren't enough.  So if I modified it to a 2nd, 3rd and 4th this year, a 1st and 3rd next year, and possibly a signed AJ Green as well, we reach kind of 'haul' territory. That would be expensive.  And it makes we wonder with this team and all its holes could trade 5 picks albeit for who is considered an elite player this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:07 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Sounds reasonable.  I'm just trying to establish a starting point.  So you are saying our future picks in value aren't enough.  So if I modified it to a 2nd, 3rd and 4th this year, a 1st and 3rd next year, and possibly a signed AJ Green as well, we reach kind of 'haul' territory. That would be expensive.  And it makes we wonder with this team and all its holes could trade 5 picks albeit for who is considered an elite player this year.

Probably not. I think the issue is people don't want to go too far back. To go from 2nd overall to 33 is a big drop off talent wise. More than likely someone will be lurking around 8-12 who would love to come up and if that is the case they can get a haul and still get a top player to help them this year. If it stands as it currently does, I think the Giants would stay at 2 and take Chase Young assuming we go Burrow as they need an elite defensive player to help what is a dreadful unit. 
Reply/Quote
It would definitely take a haul. Without having another 1st rounder, they'd probably have to include Jonah Williams.
Reply/Quote
I still think I'd consider trading down, taking another tackle and getting a huge pile of picks for #1 overall.

Someone is gonna pay big for Young
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 08:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Anything is possible, but it would definitely take a haul since they wouldn't have another first rounder this year in trade.  I would rather go the other way, selling the first overall pick to the team picking at #2 and get which one is left, assuming it is Miami as they would want Burrow and then take Young and some other picks. 

Letting it be known that the pick is available will have suitors coming to the table. They have five months until the draft so there is plenty of time to play both ends against the middle. If the deal isn't there you take your pick but to totally disregard any offers is nothing short of crazy. There are plenty of QB hungry teams.
Reply/Quote