Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would still like to see more aggression
We may have the best team in the NFL handling the Texans and beating the Ravens in their building on a short week may prove it. The numbers say after week 2 we have a top 5 offense and defense along with a top 10 special teams unit. Even Including first2 weeks according to raw numbers we are top 11 in offense and defense. With these 4th and 2 or3 at midfield or plus territory I would like to see a bit more aggression that is all we may have the best team in football lets act like it
Reply/Quote
When your team is in the lead, and your defense has a pretty firm grip on the opponent's offense, there's really no need to take unnecessary risks and possibly send momentum into your opponent's favor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 01:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When your team is in the lead, and your defense has a pretty firm grip on the opponent's offense, there's really no need to take unnecessary risks and possibly send momentum into your opponent's favor.

I agree with this but the great teams step on opponents throats as well
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 01:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When your team is in the lead, and your defense has a pretty firm grip on the opponent's offense, there's really no need to take unnecessary risks and possibly send momentum into your opponent's favor.

The problem is if Buffalo would have got the ball back they would be playing for the win.  It should have never come to that because the Bengals completely outplayed the Bills and the score should have never been as close as it was.   The offense only managed 3 points the entire second half and needed to rely on the defense once again because they faltered and couldnt score in the 2nd half.  It happens too often.  This offense just goes M.I.A. at times especially in big games.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 01:50 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I agree with this but the great teams step on opponents throats as well

Self inflicted wounds and some iffy calls made that hard. Bengals could have easily been up 24 or more to 7 at half. The missed TD to chase would have been another easy TD making it 28 to 10 if Burrow doesn't miss the throw. 
Reply/Quote

I think the play of the defense has made a conservative approach more tenable
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
We are plenty aggressive imo

It’s actually insane when you realize that young fans only know us as an aggressive offense lol

They have no knowledge of the Marvin Lewis teams punting and taking field goals with inches to go as if FGs were worth 15 points
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 01:45 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We may have the best team in the NFL handling the Texans and beating the Ravens in their building on a short week may prove it. The numbers say after week 2 we have a top 5 offense and defense along with a top 10 special teams unit. Even Including first2 weeks according to raw numbers we are top 11 in offense and defense. With these 4th and 2 or3 at midfield or plus territory I would like to see a bit more aggression that is all we may have the best team in football lets act like it

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote