Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IB makes money off of this forum?
Does IcyBoards make money from this forum?

I see ads, or is it you to help pay for the forum?

Just wondering, don't take any offense please.
Reply/Quote
I'm assuming it helps pay for the fact that this has a real domain name.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 02:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm assuming it helps pay for the fact that this has a real domain name.

Nvm, IcyBoards ads.
Reply/Quote
Forums with significant traffic cost real money to run. Domain names are peanuts, bandwidth is where the $$$ comes in.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 09:53 PM)Utts Wrote: Forums with significant traffic cost real money to run. Domain names are peanuts, bandwidth is where the $$$ comes in.

Ovbiously. Big Grin

Hosting is the most costly part... When you seriously get popular.. than you will need to upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 02:04 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Does IcyBoards make money from this forum?

I see ads, or is it you to help pay for the forum?

Just wondering, don't take any offense please.

The site is no longer being hosted on IcyBoards. Consequently, the advertising should have gone away.

Seeing as how IcyBoards allows free hosting of forums, I imagine advertising is a method for them to recover their costs.
Reply/Quote
Sounds great that we switched! :)
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 01:07 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Sounds great that we switched! :)

IcyBoards was a nice stopgap for Bengalholic to get us up and running. We've recently moved to a new environment in order to have more technical control over the board.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 01:10 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: IcyBoards was a nice stopgap for Bengalholic to get us up and running. We've recently moved to a new environment in order to have more technical control over the board.

Sounds about right, shared hosting I believe? or VPS?
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 01:20 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Sounds about right, shared hosting I believe? or VPS?

Shared.
Reply/Quote
Nice! Keep it up.

Already blowing up :)
Reply/Quote
Good to see the website getting popular!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Whatever you guys have done. Keep that shit up!

I, as well as others, are so proud and thankful for what you guys have done.

We were ass out. Left with nothing. Not only did you make a home for us. You improved on what we had.

Next home game I attend I will find you, and beers on me.

Reminds me of the bender meme: screw you we're starting our own message board. With black jack and hookers.

Couldn't be happier for everyone involved.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 08:57 AM)livebythe10 Wrote: Whatever you guys have done. Keep that shit up!

I, as well as others, are so proud and thankful for what you guys have done.

We were ass out. Left with nothing. Not only did you make a home for us. You improved on what we had.

Next home game I attend I will find you, and beers on me.

Reminds me of the bender meme: screw you we're starting our own message board. With black jack and hookers.

Couldn't be happier for everyone involved.

^ As he says Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 06:49 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: ^ As he says Rock On

Third. We have a home.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote