Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ICE Raids
(07-16-2019, 10:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: One dude drove a car into a group of people, killing one.  Many people found this to be significant, yourself included.  But please feel free to let us know exactly how many people have to try and kill people en masse before you consider it newsworthy.

The one dude who killed an innocent woman was a self-proclaimed part of a larger group.  No one said the larger group were all murderers.  It was significant because he killed someone.

Killing one person is newsworthy.  Not sure why asked that unrelated question.

(07-16-2019, 10:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ahhh, you were privy to the pre-raid ICE briefings, impressive.

I was privy to a president announcing for weeks that the raids would happen.

(07-16-2019, 10:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sidenote: can we infer a person is racist if they say/type racist things?

Please stop bringing up what bfine said, it has already been deleted and I don't want to cause any more trouble with it and will not comment on it beyond this response.

Let's stay on topic.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-16-2019, 11:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: Please stop bringing up what bfine said, it has already been deleted and I don't want to cause any more trouble with it and will not comment on it beyond this response.

Let's stay on topic.

2 things: Keep my name out of your mouth unless you wish to talk to me directly you know exactly who and what he's referring to.

Your the one that introduced the term racist into the recent conversation. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-16-2019, 11:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: The one dude who killed an innocent woman was a self-proclaimed part of a larger group.  No one said the larger group were all murderers.  It was significant because he killed someone.

Killing one person is newsworthy.  Not sure why asked that unrelated question.

This guy was also a self proclaimed member of a larger group.  They were featured on CNN as the "good guys".  So, what you're saying is trying to kill multiple people isn't newsworthy, but one person dying is.  I'm sure Steve Scalise and the other members of the GOP softball team would disagree, but hey, you do you.

Quote:I was privy to a president announcing for weeks that the raids would happen.

That's not what you claimed.  You specifically said they were planning on rounding everyone up they suspected to be illegal.  This would suggest you are privy to inside knowledge not common in the concrete selling industry.

Quote:Please stop bringing up what bfine said, it has already been deleted and I don't want to cause any more trouble with it and will not comment on it beyond this response.

Let's stay on topic.

I wasn't referring to bfine at all.  I was referring to the argument advanced by yourself and Dill in the Tucker Carlson thread.  Using the standards set forth by you two one could adjudge the two of you as... well, you know.
(07-16-2019, 11:24 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This guy was also a self proclaimed member of a larger group.  They were featured on CNN as the "good guys".  So, what you're saying is trying to kill multiple people isn't newsworthy, but one person dying is.  I'm sure Steve Scalise and the other members of the GOP softball team would disagree, but hey, you do you.

Oh, so in May ( according to your link):

Quote:The self-proclaimed Antifa militant who was killed Saturday by Washington state police as he attacked a local Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention center was seen in a recent CNN program that critics say glorified a radical, left-wing movement.

Willem Van Spronsen, 69, sent a manifesto to friends the day before the assault in which he wrote, "I am Antifa," and now he is lionized by members of the leftwing group as a "martyr."

He also appears to have been part of a May 5 episode of CNN’s “United Shades of America” with W. Kamau Bell.

ARMED MAN SHOT, KILLED AFTER THROWING INCENDIARY DEVICES AT WASHINGTON ICE DETENTION CENTER

The heavily promoted CNN show featured Bell explaining the “Redneck Revolt,” which he identified as gun-toting liberals who defend the Second Amendment and seek to battle the “alt-right” and neo-Nazis.

Bell called them “good guys,” going to a gun range with members and even questioning why “more white people” don’t share their viewpoints.

One of the men featured on the CNN special appears to be Van Spronsen -- who was armed with a rifle and incendiary devices when he launched his assault on the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma around 4 a.m. Saturday, according to the Tacoma Police Department.

So it "appears" he was in the group who were praised for helping with aid and gun training.  Ok.  

As long as you can play the game of "one of them is bad" and one time he was in a story about people doing good things I guess.

(07-16-2019, 11:24 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's not what you claimed.  You specifically said they were planning on rounding everyone up they suspected to be illegal.  This would suggest you are privy to inside knowledge not common in the concrete selling industry.

I was giving a response based on various news stories that said such.  But I guess you using hyperbole to be accusatory is okay since that's what you believe?  

Again, I'm not going to get what was posted and deleted. That would run the risk of suspension again.
(07-16-2019, 10:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: By today (three days later) it gets replaced.  News moves fast these days and when you have a POTUS like Trump there is always a new story.

However:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/13/us/armed-man-killed-tacoma-immigration-facility/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/07/14/armed-man-throwing-incendiary-devices-ice-detention-center-killed-officer-involved-shooting-police-say/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-attacks/man-who-attacked-tacoma-immigration-center-was-repeat-assailant-authorities-idUSKCN1U90IB

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/police-kill-man-allegedly-attacking-immigration-prison-64316401

https://news.yahoo.com/man-dead-attacking-immigration-detention-213845312.html

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/07/13/deportation-facility-attack-man-killed-police/

Other than the first link those were all on the second page of search results for "ice facility attack".

The first page was a lot of right leaning sites asking why the left leaning sites weren't covering it.   Smirk

Fair enough. 

Yesterday I searched for "antifa ice attack" and that may be why. I used your search terms and those articles popped up. It seems the more right leaning sources acknowledged his connections to antifa, which is why they yielded more results. While the other left leaning sources omit that connection. Not surprising by either source. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Mellow

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immigration/2019/07/22/dallas-born-citizen-picked-border-patrol-detained-three-weeks

Quote:An 18-year-old Dallas-born U.S. citizen has been in the custody of U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement for more than three weeks, his attorney says. 

Now his family fears he may be deported.

Francisco Erwin Galicia was detained at a CBP checkpoint in Falfurrias on June 27, said Claudia Galan, his attorney.

Galicia was traveling with his 17-year-old brother Marlon Galicia and a group of friends from Edinburg where they live to Ranger College in North Texas for a soccer scouting event when they came upon a CBP checkpoint, said Sanjuana Galicia, his mother. 

It was about 8 p.m. Marlon, who was born in Mexico and lacked legal status, had only been through a border checkpoint on school trips and had never been pressed to provide travel documents. 

But this time was different, Marlon said. He had only a school ID. His brother was carrying only his Texas ID, which can only be obtained with a Social Security number.

“We were confident that we’d be able to pass. We were going to do something good for our futures,” he said. “I didn’t imagine this could happen and now I’m so sad that I’m not with my family,” Marlon said by phone from Reynosa, Mexico, where he is staying with his grandmother.

After two days in detention, Marlon signed a voluntary deportation form.

“I signed because I wanted to talk with my mom. Now, we just have to wait and see and hope that they release my brother,” Marlon said. 

Francisco Galicia told his mother, who lives in Edinburg, that he was detained because he didn’t have his U.S. passport. But she said he did present CBP with his Texas ID. 

Galicia wasn’t allowed to use the phone for the three weeks he was in CBP custody, Sanjuana said. But he has been able to make collect calls to his mother since since Saturday, when Galicia was transferred to ICE’s custody. 

Galan said she met with CBP officers last week and presented them with Galicia’s birth certificate and some other documents but was unsuccessful in getting him released. She plans on presenting the same documents to ICE officers later this week. 

“I presented then with his original birth certificate and other documents and they ignored them. So now I’ve faxed over all the documents to the ICE agent handling the case,” Galan said. “He’s going on a full month of being wrongfully detained. He’s a U.S. citizen and he needs to be released now.”

[Image: adChoices.png]

[Image: 1563842457-Francisco-Erwin-Galicia.jpg?q...at&frame=1]
Francisco Erwin Galicia, in a photo shared with The Dallas Morning News by his mother, Sanjuana Galicia. Francisco Erwin Galicia, an 18-year-old Dallas-born U.S. citizen, has been in the custody of U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement for more than three weeks. He was detained at a CBP checkpoint in Falfurrias on June 27, said Claudia Galan, his attorney.

The Dallas Morning News reviewed a copy of the birth certificate and it lists Galicia as having been born at Parkland Memorial Hospital on December 24, 2000. Other documents include a congratulatory certificate his mother was given by hospital staff when he was born, a high school ID, and a health insurance card. 

Neither ICE nor CBP responded to requests for comment. 

The ICE detainee locator system shows Francisco is being held at the South Texas Detention Facility in Pearsall and lists him as being born in Mexico.

Sanjuana Galicia, Francisco’s mother, said she lived in Dallas from 1998-2001 and moved to South Texas after his birth.

“I need my son back,” she said. “I just want to prove to them that he is a citizen. He’s not a criminal or anything bad. He’s a good kid.”

It's almost like Republicans want to prove government doesn't work by using it for only the most awful things in the most awful ways and completely screwing it up.

But as long as DJT can claim they are round up MS-13 gang members while 17 year soccer players and their legal citizen brothers are really being arrested I guess it okay?
(07-23-2019, 09:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immigration/2019/07/22/dallas-born-citizen-picked-border-patrol-detained-three-weeks

It's almost like Republicans want to prove government doesn't work by using it for only the most awful things in the most awful ways and completely screwing it up.

But as long as DJT can claim they are round up MS-13 gang members while 17 year soccer players and their legal citizen brothers are really being arrested I guess it okay?

Sounds terrible, but it does appear the evil GOP is working toward a solution on the over-crowding. They have expanded the Expedited Removal program to allow immediate removal for those illegals who have been in the country for less than 2 years:
https://www.npr.org/2019/07/22/744177726/trump-administration-moves-to-speed-up-deportations-with-expedited-removal-expan

perhaps by returning those who have came here illegally we can ease the burden and more quickly resolve matters such as this.

(07-23-2019, 12:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sounds terrible, but it does appear the evil GOP is working toward a solution on the over-crowding. They have expanded the Expedited Removal program to allow immediate removal for those illegals who have been in the country for less than 2 years:
https://www.npr.org/2019/07/22/744177726/trump-administration-moves-to-speed-up-deportations-with-expedited-removal-expan

perhaps by returning those who have came here illegally we can ease the burden and more quickly resolve matters such as this.

Indeed. Quite terrible that a citizen is being held by the government for looking brown.  Mellow

And the new policy is great if we want more of the above:

Quote:The change dramatically expands the ability of the Department of Homeland Security to quickly deport certain immigrants without any of the due-process protections granted to most other people, including the right to an attorney and to a hearing before a judge. 

In the link I provided proof of citizenship was presented and he is still in custody.  How many will get deported without a chance to provide proof if there is no due-process?
(07-23-2019, 12:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Indeed. Quite terrible that a citizen is being held by the government for looking brown.  Mellow

In the link I provided proof of citizenship was presented and he is still in custody.  How many will get deported without a chance to provide proof if there is no due-process?

From your article it seems ICE has a better grasp of the situation than the Border Patrol. So we can hope citizenship is verified before deportation. But instead of pointing to problems; what is your solution?

(07-23-2019, 12:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Indeed. Quite terrible that a citizen is being held by the government for looking brown.  Mellow

As many as it takes to get all Illegals to know they are "unwelcome here" point across.

Besides, you tried to play this off as they were both here legally, but...

"It was about 8 p.m. Marlon, who was born in Mexico and lacked legal status, had only been through a border checkpoint on school trips and had never been pressed to provide travel documents."

So make sure you fully read what you post or don't pointedly lie.
(07-23-2019, 12:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: From your article it seems ICE has a better grasp of the situation than the Border Patrol. So we can hope citizenship is verified before deportation. But instead of pointing to problems; what is your solution?

His solution is most likely the POTUS needs to be a Liberal, then these instances are ok.
(07-23-2019, 01:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: As many as it takes to get all Illegals to know they are "unwelcome here" point across.

Besides, you tried to play this off as they were both here legally, but...

"It was about 8 p.m. Marlon, who was born in Mexico and lacked legal status, had only been through a border checkpoint on school trips and had never been pressed to provide travel documents."

So make sure you fully read what you post or don't pointedly lie.

Thanks for telling me what I trying to "play off" when I copy and pasted the entire article that clearly stated one was not here legally.   Mellow
(07-23-2019, 01:16 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: His solution is most likely the POTUS needs to be a Liberal, then these instances are ok.

I'll give him the benefit of providing an answer; however, if years in this forum have taught me anything: We are more apt to complain about current solutions than provide our own.

my assumption of the Liberal is that they are more in favor of a "catch and release" mentality. I'm willing to be corrected.

(07-23-2019, 01:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Thanks for telling me what I trying to "play off" when I copy and pasted the entire article that clearly stated one was not here legally.   Mellow

Well your commentary did suggest the brother was arrested for simply being 17 year old soccer player.

(07-23-2019, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well your commentary did suggest the brother was arrested for simply being 17 year old soccer player.

Nope.  It "suggested" that Trump crows about all the gang members and rapist he is round up when it's really a 17 year old and his legal citizen brother.

Quote:But as long as DJT can claim they are round up MS-13 gang members while 17 year soccer players and their legal citizen brothers are really being arrested I guess it okay?
(07-23-2019, 01:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Thanks for telling me what I trying to "play off" when I copy and pasted the entire article that clearly stated one was not here legally.   Mellow

Hence why I said you didn't read it or just simply tossing out those blanket statements that you are so fond of.

(07-23-2019, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well your commentary did suggest the brother was arrested for simply being 17 year old soccer player.

Oh good so I wasn't the only one that read it and took it literally, just didn't want to be accused of putting words in other people's mouths.

Catch and Release would be fine, IF they weren't released close to the border again, they will just try again and again until they make it.
Send them back to their home countries or back to the southern Mexico Border, make the re-entry a journey again, we need to quit making it easy on them to try again.
(07-23-2019, 02:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nope.  It "suggested" that Trump crows about all the gang members and rapist he is round up when it's really a 17 year old and his legal citizen brother.

No one was killed so it's not really newsworthy right?

Are you suggesting that 17 year olds can't be in a gang?

in fact, quite a few MI-13's members come across the border as unaccompanied minors and we being the kind hearted nation we are, allow them in legally.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/shock-admitted-ms-13-illegals-placed-around-the-country

So should we not allow any unaccompanied minors in the US as well?
(07-23-2019, 02:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Hence why I said you didn't read it or just simply tossing out those blanket statements that you are so fond of.

Oh good so I wasn't the only one that read it and took it literally, just didn't want to be accused of putting words in other people's mouths.

Catch and Release would be fine, IF they weren't released close to the border again, they will just try again and again until they make it.
Send them back to their home countries or back to the southern Mexico Border, make the re-entry a journey again, we need to quit making it easy on them to try again.

I literally shared the entire story...and specifically said they caught one kid who wasn't a gang member but the gist was his LEGAL brother was still in custody and you want to argue about the illegal one as if *I* said he wasn't illegally in the country. 

Brilliant strategy!

(07-23-2019, 02:21 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No one was killed so it's not really newsworthy right?

Are you suggesting that 17 year olds can't be in a gang?

in fact, quite a few MI-13's members come across the border as unaccompanied minors and we being the kind hearted nation we are, allow them in legally.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/shock-admitted-ms-13-illegals-placed-around-the-country

So should we not allow any unaccompanied minors in the US as well?

This has absolutely nothing to do with a legal citizen in custody for a month.

Nothing.

You've chosen to focus on my aside about the 17 year old and how Trump keeps saying he's protecting you from gangs.

Carry on.
(07-23-2019, 02:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Hence why I said you didn't read it or just simply tossing out those blanket statements that you are so fond of.

Yeah, Dino obviously tried to assert the 17 year old "soccer player" did nothing wrong or else he would have referred to him as a 17 year old illegal immigrant in his commentary, but we must understand this is a phrase Libs like to avoid. I remember Gary Johnson blew his lid when someone referred to illegal immigrants as.....illegal immigrants.

Perhaps, I should have explained they want them released in the interior of our country not sent back. of course I'm still standing by to be corrected.

Intentionally misrepresenting Dino's posts multiple times is trolling.

As to the article he posted: it's scary to think an American citizen can go 3 weeks without any help as they are unjustly detained. It's also sad that a kid who grew up here and wants to be an American is being treated in a way where we try to discourage him from seeking citizenship, instead seeking to lump him up with gang members and drug traffickers.

Solution: protect dreamers. Give them a pathway. Don't use a great program as a bargaining chip for a useless wall.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]