Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDIOT Belgium Goalkeeper!
Anybody see that goal that France scored?!

The French guy headed it in over the goalkeeper's left shoulder while he was standing in the bottom left of the goal.

Here's the kicker: his arms were at his sides! What good does that do?! His body was blocking the from any space on the left post! If he has his arms up, or even just his left arm so he could still outstretch to the right to block any balls that way, he blocks the header!

He could have been their nation's hero and now he's probably going to get murdered because he's an IDIOT!

Why won't any soccer "experts" or announcers mention this?! Am I missing something?!
Reply/Quote
I realize it was split-second, but this is what you do and this is your life, so it should be natural!

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 04:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Anybody see that goal that France scored?!

The French guy headed it in over the goalkeeper's left shoulder while he was standing in the bottom left of the goal.

Here's the kicker:  his arms were at his sides!  What good does that do?!  His body was blocking the from any space on the left post!  If he has his arms up, or even just his left arm so he could still outstretch to the right to block any balls that way, he blocks the header!

He could have been their nation's hero and now he's probably going to get murdered because he's an IDIOT!

Why won't any soccer "experts" or announcers mention this?!  Am I missing something?!

Have you been goalie for a competitive soccer team?

half the time you have to take a guess and go that way first cause if you wait till they have kicked it its already past you.

this is a lot like armchair QBs every Monday.
Reply/Quote
There have been plenty of goalie blunders this world cup.

Belgium's was not one of them.
Reply/Quote
If the guy is in close enough, all a goalie can do is react. Hands up or down dont matter because players head the ball down as often as they do up or straight across. That was not a big goalie blunder by any means. The best goalies in the world will give those types of shots up occasionally. And I was rooting for France, but am still defending Cortois on that play. If you want to lay blame, Belgium should really have had a player on each post...which they didnt.
Reply/Quote
The problem was not putting defender on the near post.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The World Cup is fixed.

FIFA is corrupt.

They want France v England like it’s the 100 year war again even though No One wants to see that again.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 05:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: If the guy is in close enough, all a goalie can do is react. Hands up or down dont matter because players head the ball down as often as they do up or straight across. That was not a big goalie blunder by any means. The best goalies in the world will give those types of shots up occasionally. And I was rooting for France, but am still defending Cortois on that play. If you want to lay blame, Belgium should really have had a player on each post...which they didnt.

His left arm was doing nothing by his side and there was no way that the ball could have gotten by between his body and the post.

The videos don't really do it justice unless you see the shot from behind the goalie in the goal and then it's obvious.

Should have been an easy knockdown.
Reply/Quote
Courtois wasnt an idiot that goal, and wasnt his fault that header went in. He actually had a really good game I thought, and is one of the better goalies in the world with Chelsea.

A lot of goals in real time are much tougher to defend if not impossible. That was just one of those fluke headers that Fellaini normally should have got to clear out, but he got beat to the ball and goal.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 04:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Anybody see that goal that France scored?!

Here's the kicker: his arms were at his sides! What good does that do?! His body was blocking the from any space on the left post! If he has his arms up, or even just his left arm so he could still outstretch to the right to block any balls that way, he blocks the header!

Why won't any soccer "experts" or announcers mention this?! Am I missing something?!
I don’t think you have any idea how difficult it is being a goalkeeper. That most certainly WAS NOT a keeping error mate.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 07:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The World Cup is fixed.

FIFA is corrupt.

Oh please. Yes to the second statement, but outright fixing match-ups is not among the things FIFA actively does. If it were, you'd have to assume Belgium players are banned from scoring, like the coach telling those millionaires to go along or they don't get paid or whatever pointless threat. Or that it was in FIFA's interest that Mexico advanced instead of Germany, meaning German soccer millionaires were told to lose to Korea. It gets quite a bunch of nonsense soon.

As for the goal, the mistake was Fellaini letting Umtiti slip in fromt of him. And then, at least that's what I saw, slightly touching the header, making its direction even more unpredictable.
All a goalie can do is go for the short corner and speculate. If he'd jump up and the ball went to his feet, folks would take issue with it as well. Whoever does hasn't watched a lot of soccer.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 07:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The World Cup is fixed.

FIFA is corrupt.

They want France v England like it’s the 100 year war again even though No One wants to see that again.

Womp Womp
Reply/Quote