Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF BENGALS CAN BLOCK, IT COMES DOWN TO THAT
IF BENGALS CAN BLOCK, THEY CAN RUN THE BALL
IF BENGALS CAN BLOCK, THEY CAN PASS THE BALL
IF BENGALS CAN BLOCK, LESS 3 and OUTS ON OFFENSE WHICH WILL HELP DEFENSE.

BENGALS WENT INTO 2017 WITH WORST OFFENSIVE LINE IN NFL
BENGALS OFFENSE START WAS WORST OFFENSE SINCE 1930's PHILADELPHIA TEAM
THEN CAME LASOR and TEAM IMPROVED GOING 7-7
NOW NEW O LINE COACH and SOME NEW BLOCKERS

IN A FEW WEEKS WE START TO SEE OF THIS TEAM CAN BLOCK OR NOT
IT ALL COMES DOWN TO BLOCKING
IF BENGALS CAN BLOCK, THEY CAN BE A PLAY-OFF POWER
IF BENGALS CAN'T BLOCK, THEY CAN FINISH IN LAST PLACE

MY JULY 15th HOPE IS BENGALS CAN BLOCK BECAUSE IT IMPROVES SUPER BOWL CHANCES GREATLY.
GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Why are you yelling?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 03:48 AM)ben_lewtas9 Wrote: Why are you yelling?

It wasn’t enough that we have a zillion threads about this very topic. We need one where it was yelled at us that was stripped down to the most basic information that we already aware of.

So... thanks?
Reply/Quote
Constructive Criticism: Seriously Kevin, it is a little annoying when someone uses all caps. Makes me nervous. But I make my share of mistakes, we all do. Just try a little harder.

Response to OP: I think the blocking will be fine. Yes, last year was horrible and there is reason to be nervous, but very little. I think the team has addressed about 90% of our issues. In fact, it’s the small things at this point that will make the biggest impact on how well the team will perform on game day.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone know what the Bengals prospects are this year, if they can block?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Are they working on blocking???? Because they need to improve the blocking....
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 03:48 AM)ben_lewtas9 Wrote: Why are you yelling?

They're just capital letters, not "yelling" Wink .  Just needs getting used to. Don't let capitals push your buttons. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: loud-noises.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
[Image: 91958e7c88656ea99324a20b5d1cbababe9c5ef1...ae3152.jpg]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
COME ON GUYS GET WITH THE TIMES

NOT TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS SO 2017

NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT BLOCKING
Reply/Quote
Just so happens with Cordy Glenn and Billy Price in town we are going to block the shit out of people.

And with the change to an OL coach that believes in and teaches aggressive blocking. We will see career years out of most of our returning players.
Reply/Quote
Knute Rockne movie on again after I posted this. Coach Rockne saying fans love quarterbacks, running backs, receivers and they are important, but the most important parts of any football team is blocking, tackling and team work. Without blocking, tackling and team work, you can't win. With blocking, tackling and team work, you can't be beaten. I feel Coach Rockne was correct and Championship Teams from his era on have had Blocking, Tackling, Team Work. All you have to do is look at the 1981 and 1988 Bengals to see Blocking, Tackling & Team Work takes you to Super Bowl. You can have the best quarterback, running backs and receivers ever and without blocking, tackling and team work they can not and will not win. I think Bengals have a good defense considering they were on the field more than any other NFL defense in 2017 due to awful blocking on offense. In spite of our defense on field this much, they kept scores low and kept Bengals in games. Since they were on field more than any NFL defense they should have gave up most points, but they kept scores low which is amazing. So I think we have the tackling. I also think Bengals have made huge steps in addressing the blocking going into 2018. With Tackling, and if the Blocking improves which I believe it will, and if the Team Work is at a high level, then the Bengals will have a great season. I do feel we have the quarterback, running backs and receivers if the Tackling, Blocking and Team Work is at a high level. The 3 Super Bowls Defensive Coach brought in and the Dallas O Line coach should also help. Our Defensive Secondary and Offensive Line should have huge improvement because these coaches brought in have excelled in these ares. GO BENGALS. Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The LT from Buffalo could replace Whit in ways we missed in 2017. We are solid at LG. The rookie center has a lot to learn but should be OK with great upside in years to come. So I like the left side of O Line. The right side is in great question. They brought in Giants guard so he could help. They seem to be hoping Og or Fish can man RT.

Forget all the other parts of the team going into camp. Bengals had WORST O Line in NFL going into 2017. Worst, worst, worst. The blocking wasn't all that great in 2016 either. Any chances of a play-off season come down to if the new O Line coach from Dallas can make an O Line out of what has been worst O Line in NFL. The new players and new coach give hope or hype, but it is all hype until they get to work in camp and prove they are not worst in NFL anymore.

Some on here say they never get to see Bengals games where they live. I do, and I can tell you the blocking in 2017 was just awful and reason no running game and not much passing game with Dalton getting killed as soon as ball snapped. People on here trying to punk me out for using cap letters often on me because I don't fit into your vaseline clicks, I don't buy into this that it is screaming. However coaches should scream at this O Line because they have been just awful and are the huge reason this team not winning. Again I say that if they can improve the O Line. the running game and the passing game will be great this year and that will help what is a pretty good defense we have. So to those that never get to watch Bengals, the problem has been completely the O Line, so that is a Huge issue going into Camp in a few days.

To the Bengals, I hope the O Line does improve. The Jacksonville and Pittsburg and Baltimore games really showed no blocking. It all begins in a few days in Camp. Hoping the Bengals get the blocking together because that is the only hope of winning in 2018. GO BENGALS, GO BENGALS, GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2018, 03:40 PM)kevin Wrote: The LT from Buffalo could replace Whit in ways we missed in 2017.  We are solid at LG. The rookie center has a lot to learn but should be OK with great upside in years to come.  So I like the left side of O Line.  The right side is in great question. They brought in Giants guard so he could help.  They seem to be hoping Og or Fish can man RT.  

Forget all the other parts of the team going into camp. Bengals had WORST O Line in NFL going into 2017.  Worst, worst, worst.  The blocking wasn't all that great in 2016 either.  Any chances of a play-off season come down to if the new O Line coach from Dallas can make an O Line out of what has been worst O Line in NFL.   The new players and new coach give hope or hype, but it is all hype until they get to work in camp and prove they are not worst in NFL anymore.

Some on here say they never get to see Bengals games where they live. I do, and I can tell you the blocking in 2017 was just awful and reason no running game and not much passing game with Dalton getting killed as soon as ball snapped. People on here trying to punk me out for using cap letters often on me because I don't fit into your vaseline clicks, I don't buy into this that it is screaming.  However coaches should scream at this O Line because they have been just awful and are the huge reason this team not winning.  Again I say that if they can improve the O Line. the running game and the passing game will be great this year and that will help what is a pretty good defense we have.  So to those that never get to watch Bengals, the problem has been completely the O Line, so that is a Huge issue going into Camp in a few days.

To the Bengals, I hope the O Line does improve.  The Jacksonville and Pittsburg and Baltimore games really showed no blocking. It all begins in a few days in Camp. Hoping the Bengals get the blocking together because that is the only hope of winning in 2018.  GO BENGALS, GO BENGALS, GO BENGALS.
I capitalize a word here & there.....but I agree all caps is screaming & not needed....whether you buy in or not....
but whatever....i'm not the internet police....but it is annoying to read it....& pls use paragraphs...spread it out....

the final game last yr, at Balt we ran really well....& the game befor that as well....knocked the Lions & Ravens BOTH out of the play offs....

let's see what we have ….be patient...
Reply/Quote
Also to those tired of talking O Line, I intend to talk O Line all season. Hopefully positive all the way to them blocking Bengals to Super Bowl. If the blocking is or isn't there. If this team is winning, I will be giving much praise to the O Line.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I will talk O line all season also, the boys are flying in today. Westerman got married this off season. Just little tidbit.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 02:03 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: I will talk O line all season also, the boys are flying in today.  Westerman got married this off season. Just little tidbit.

Inside info Sylvia?
Reply/Quote