Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
IF BENGALS COULD BEAT BALTIMORE....
(10-09-2019, 01:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You aren't a bad fan Brimey, I have started to lean this way and never have before.

Same here.  I have watched this team 40 years, and have never wanted them to lose.  I remember leaving Riverfront and PBS quite a few times after a meaningless win at the end of the season, and celebrating it like we won the division that day.  But, this year is different.  If we have to endure an 0-16 season so that this old fool finally gets it though his thick skull that REAL change is needed, then so be it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 09:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Same here.  I have watched this team 40 years, and have never wanted them to lose.  I remember leaving Riverfront and PBS quite a few times after a meaningless win at the end of the season, and celebrating it like we won the division that day.  But, this year is different.  If we have to endure an 0-16 season so that this old fool finally gets it though his thick skull that REAL change is needed, then so be it.

Honestly, Do you think that would work? 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 09:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Honestly, Do you think that would work? 

Well, he bent in 2002 and hired Marvin.  Bent a little in 2018 and let go of Marvin.  Really, what other hope is there? It's worth the gamble.  At this point I've had so many seasons that were essentially over by Columbus Day that I can do another one standing on my head.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
That'd be great! I expect the Ravens to drop 40+ on us, and I don't quite think our O can keep up with that at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 11:56 AM)Tomkat Wrote: How did this RobertVadas guy get banned already?

Was wondering that myself. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 10:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That'd be great! I expect the Ravens to drop 40+ on us, and I don't quite think our O can keep up with that at the moment.

Forty points? I doubt it but it’s certainly possible. If Lou Anarumo preps against Lamar Jackson like he prepped against Russell Wilson the Bengals might have a chance against the Ravens. I think it’s going to be up to the defense this week. I’m not sure how prolific the Cincinnati offense will be but if the defense holds Baltimore to 20 points or less I give the Bengals a good chance to win.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 10:32 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Was wondering that myself. 

Apparently he must have violated his...I mean THE CoC.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 02:51 PM)BengalsGenius Wrote: All they have to do is win Sunday! Maybe they can incorporate Eifert/Gio into the offense? Maybe Glenn will come back? Maybe Pratt will make a difference?

Eifert looks 85 years old out there...Sad as I was really pulling for him, but you can see how the injuries have taken their toll.  

As far as Gio goes, why start now?  I still don't understand why they signed him for what they did...just to pass protect?  Not that pass protection isn't important, but couldn't we have an H-back do that for a lot less money?   I had visions of Gio pairing with Mixon and creating a 1-2 punch that teams would have to come up to the line to cover and having Ross and AJ beat them over the top.  Well, that never came close to materializing.  

I am completely writing off Glenn at this point.  We have a better chance of Jonah Williams playing.

Pratt covered one guy out of the backfield and stayed with him and tackled him immediately after the catch.  He didn't exactly defend the pass, but he only got about 5 yards.  I was happy.  Boy, has the bar been set low.  

At this point, I just hope they can develop guys like Price, Jordan, Hart, and some of the younger players like Sample, Pratt, and Williams.  
Reply/Quote
The funny part is you have 2 threads back to back on the forum, "WELCOME TO BUNGLES" and "WE ARE 1 GAME OUT OF 1ST PLACE".
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 07:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Oh no you didn't?  Shocked

Keep that roster tho and hope you didnt bet much. If I do the same, knowing my luck, the Bengals would have a record performance at EVERY position and all my players would score negative pts. LOL

(10-09-2019, 08:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I did a Bengals lineup for the Niners game, after an impressive passing game against Seattle. I think we all know how that turned out.

They be like that.
Reply/Quote
If Bengals could beat Baltimore, they'll be 1-5. Still 4 games under .500.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 08:04 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Apparently he must have violated his...I mean THE CoC.

I think he said the magic words, "i'm new here". If i had the powers, when i saw that i would immediately check to see if he's an alter or coming back new after being banned several times. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We had about the worst offensive display possible in both the Bills and Cardinals games. No way did we deserve to win either of those games.

And against Seattle, we basically doubled them in yards and scored less points. It was mainly a coaching loss. Bad playcalling.

Not so sure about the Bills game. They made actual halftime adjustments offensively for the better and put 17 points on the board. Once again, though, it was the D that missed a sure-fire sack on their QB who ended up making a 40 yard pass and 3 plays letter they scored a go-ahead TD..
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals get to 5 wins by December, I'll start watching them again.
For them to get to that, their record would be 5-7.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 02:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals get to 5 wins by December, I'll start watching them again.
For them to get to that, their record would be 5-7.

I wouldn't expect 4 wins by the end of Dec.....Especially with no AJ should he get traded or just not play..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 03:12 PM)higgy100 Wrote: I wouldn't expect 4 wins by the end of Dec.....Especially with no AJ should he get traded or just not play..

I think AJ playing is too big a risk to his value. If he can't garner wins for us when he comes back, people will think differently about him, and it will be tough to win with this current team.

Financially, he should wait it out and either get a huge contract or get picked up by another team for a huge contract.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 03:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think AJ playing is too big a risk to his value. If he can't garner wins for us when he comes back, people will think differently about him, and it will be tough to win with this current team.

Financially, he should wait it out and either get a huge contract or get picked up by another team for a huge contract.

Agree with you....
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 03:12 PM)higgy100 Wrote: I wouldn't expect 4 wins by the end of Dec.....Especially with no AJ should he get traded or just not play..

Oh, I definitely am with you.
At this point, the Bengals have the remaining schedule:

@BAL (3-2)
JAX (2-3)
@LAR (3-2)
BAL (3-2)
@ OAK (3-2)
PIT (1-4)
NYJ (0-4)
@ CLE (2-3)
NE (5-0)
@ MIA (0-4)
CLE (2-3)

Out of that schedule, I see between 0 and 4 wins (MIA, NYJ, CLE, PIT)

The reality is the Bengals are the only 5-loss team in the league right now, so technically they are last place. 
Barring the return of AJ and (at least) one of Glenn or Williams, I dunno if I can say with confidence that the Bengals win a single game.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 03:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think AJ playing is too big a risk to his value. If he can't garner wins for us when he comes back, people will think differently about him, and it will be tough to win with this current team.

AJ ain't all about the money though so he won't do that.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 04:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Oh, I definitely am with you.
At this point, the Bengals have the remaining schedule:

@BAL (3-2)
JAX (2-3)
@LAR (3-2)
BAL (3-2)
@ OAK (3-2)
PIT (1-4)
NYJ (0-4)
@ CLE (2-3)
NE (5-0)
@ MIA (0-4)
CLE (2-3)

Out of that schedule, I see between 0 and 4 wins (MIA, NYJ, CLE, PIT)

The reality is the Bengals are the only 5-loss team in the league right now, so technically they are last place. 
Barring the return of AJ and (at least) one of Glenn or Williams, I dunno if I can say with confidence that the Bengals win a single game.

How can you with the way they have lost so far?

We would have to see a completely different team or one a lot closer to the opener for us to make a run.

I loved it when Dalton threw the bomb to Ross at Halftime of the Seattle game, never seen that. Since?

I haven't seen that aggression nor much of a run game besides the first drive of the Cards game.

Hoping with Price at Guard and hopefully Jerry keeping up his play we will improve on the Line.

Also hoping the coaches realize that Preston and Vigil just aren't getting it done and we need more athleticism at LB.

Hope is all I ever have lol
Reply/Quote