Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
IF BENGALS COULD BEAT BALTIMORE....
If Bengals could beat Baltimore....The Math says they would still be in AFC North Race. Steelers have 1 win. Ravens and Browns have 2 wins. The AFC North is wide open if Bengals put some wins together. Not that the Bengals are good, but that the other 3 teams are lousy also.

Now yes, I have said Bengals look like 1990's Bungles and they have. Still, the other teams in AFC North have losing records also. I don't know where Bengals Blocking or Tackling would magically come from. Still, the Basic Math 101 says that IF BENGALS WIN A FEW GAMES, they could be near 1st place very fast, because the other 3 teams stink also.

It would take a major turn around by Bengals, but Browns and Ravens only have 2 more wins than Bengals. Any surprise hot streak by Bengals puts them in race. If Bengals beat Ravens and Browns lose, Bengals are 1 game out of 1st Place, as crazy as that is. 1-5 could have them 1 game out of 1st place.

IF THEY BEAT RAVENS......for all the fans including me since 1968, I hope they can pull the rabbit out of their hat, For The Fans.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
All they have to do is win Sunday! Maybe they can incorporate Eifert/Gio into the offense? Maybe Glenn will come back? Maybe Pratt will make a difference?
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
aren't the Ratbirds 3-2 tho?
Reply/Quote
lol@ this has to be a joke?
Reply/Quote
The math also says the Bengals are the 32nd ranked team in the NFL right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 02:38 PM)kevin Wrote: If Bengals could beat Baltimore....The Math says they would still be in AFC North Race.  Steelers have 1 win.  Ravens and Browns have 2 wins.  The AFC North is wide open if Bengals put some wins together.   Not that the Bengals are good, but that the other 3 teams are lousy also.  

Now yes, I have said Bengals look like 1990's Bungles and they have.  Still, the other teams in AFC North have losing records also.  I don't know where Bengals Blocking or Tackling would magically come from.  Still, the Basic Math 101 says that IF BENGALS WIN A FEW GAMES, they could be near 1st place very fast, because the other 3 teams stink also.

It would take a major turn around by Bengals, but Browns and Ravens only have 2 more wins than Bengals.  Any surprise hot streak by Bengals puts them in race.  If Bengals beat Ravens and Browns lose, Bengals are 1 game out of 1st Place, as crazy as that is.  1-5 could have them 1 game out of 1st place.

IF THEY BEAT RAVENS......for all the fans including me since 1968, I hope they can pull the rabbit out of their hat, For The Fans.

Kevin...this team is remarkably bad..the best things for us fans is if they blow up this team and start fresh..get headed in the right direction
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The math also says the Bengals are the 32nd ranked team in the NFL right now.

We see these threads EVERY week.

Somehow being 3 games out of 1st place 5 games into the season gives people hope still...
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The math also says the Bengals are the 32nd ranked team in the NFL right now.

No it doesn't.

There are 4 winless teams and based on point differential we are the best of them.

Point differential per game
Bengals...…… -11.2
Jets...………… -15.5
Redskins...…. -15.6
Dolphins...…. -34.3 (no typo)
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Somehow being 3 games out of 1st place 5 games into the season gives people hope still...

The point of the thread is that we are facing the first place team this week and if we win (see title of thread) we will only be 2 games out.

2 games out with 11 left is not that bad when you consider that in 2012 we were 3 games out with only 8 left to play.  I'll bet you were celebrating another losing season by the Bengals back then too when we started 3-5.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The point of the thread is that we are facing the first place team this week and if we win (see title of thread) we will only be 2 games out.

fred..i am new here but have seen your posts..you are remarkably astute..very impressive..yet even if we should win..this team is garbage.

watched san francisco last nite..great offensive line that allowed for so many positive plays..and great defense...we are light years behind.

we should have traded down this year..gotten dalton risner..taken a RG in the 2nd round..anyone of 10-15 college RGs are better than hart and then with an extra pick taken Mack Wilson..linebacker.. 

this team plays discombobulated compared to good teams..

furthermore..aside from Glenn and AJ ( even though Ross has caught some passes )  Marvin had this very same team at 4-1 before the injury bug hit us last year

everything is amiss
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it doesn't.

There are 4 winless teams and based on point differential we are the best of them.

Point differential per game
Bengals...…… -11.2
Jets...………… -15.5
Redskins...…. -15.6
Dolphins...…. -34.3 (no typo)

I thought it went by strength of schedule first.  I haven't actually had occasion to read up on how the 1st overall pick would be decided among teams with the same paltry win total, honestly.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:37 PM)RobertVadas Wrote: fred..i am new here but have seen your posts..you are remarkably astute..very impressive..yet even if we should win..this team is garbage.

But we have the potential to get better with the return of Glenn, Green, and Williams.

And maybe coaching gets better with more experience.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 02:38 PM)kevin Wrote: If Bengals could beat Baltimore....The Math says they would still be in AFC North Race.  Steelers have 1 win.  Ravens and Browns have 2 wins.  The AFC North is wide open if Bengals put some wins together.   Not that the Bengals are good, but that the other 3 teams are lousy also.  

Now yes, I have said Bengals look like 1990's Bungles and they have.  Still, the other teams in AFC North have losing records also.  I don't know where Bengals Blocking or Tackling would magically come from.  Still, the Basic Math 101 says that IF BENGALS WIN A FEW GAMES, they could be near 1st place very fast, because the other 3 teams stink also.

It would take a major turn around by Bengals, but Browns and Ravens only have 2 more wins than Bengals.  Any surprise hot streak by Bengals puts them in race.  If Bengals beat Ravens and Browns lose, Bengals are 1 game out of 1st Place, as crazy as that is.  1-5 could have them 1 game out of 1st place.

Please stop.
Reply/Quote
I hope we do beat Ravens. But even if we do, we don't have it in us right now to stay competitive.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But we have the potential to get better with the return of Glenn, Green, and Williams.

And maybe coaching gets better with more experience.

Glenn was ok.... AJ green a very good receiver at one time..still drops too many easy catches..who knows with Jonah W.

I dont want to seem like a jerk ...but after watching the good teams play this year, including SF beating Cleveland..we are so far behind in so many areas, I would be thrilled with a major rebuild ..at least knowing we are headed in the right direction..because right now we are not

I dont think coaching has anything to do with what we are seeing..coaches can only do so much with the limited talent that they have on this club
Reply/Quote
Just stop. We are gunna lose. Looking at the schedule the Jets and Dolphins are probably our only chances at wins. Last week I would have counted Arizona. That didn't go well. The Ravens have a really good rushing attack. We cannot stop the run. We likely get blown out here.

It's good to have good mental toughness and all (talking about Zac Taylor), but if you can't back it up with good X's and O's (and you combine that with possibly the worst offensive line of all time), the result is a winless team with a good attitude.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought it went by strength of schedule first.  I haven't actually had occasion to read up on how the 1st overall pick would be decided among teams with the same paltry win total, honestly.

It does.  As of right now we are on pace for the first pick.
Reply/Quote
I love the enthusiasm op. Part of me wants them to win because my heart has always been in it. Then I realize mike brown will still be the owner and nothing will ever change. I’ll be glad when he finally has to give up team control. Dude is an embarrassment to his dad and professional football
Reply/Quote

I can imagine them putting up some points, using the RBs and TEs more than they have as receivers (what happened to that?) but their defense will get picked apart by a creative offense with a mobile QB.  

Realistic score is Ratbirds 42, Bengals 31
Reply/Quote

There will not be any "ifs" here. Bengals are a complete defensive joke with the worst LB's in NFL history. They have a DL that plays NOT to get hurt more than wanting to make plays (you listening Carlos?). Every freakin' time they play a mobile QB or even an elite athlete playing QB they lose contain, can't ever sack the guy and make THAT player look like an all pro..Ravens QB will run for 90-120 yards and easily throw for 250 plus and most of these yards will involve a missed tackle, a missed sack and at leat 2-3 defensive players bitching at each other because of missed assignments.

Sure, they'll come out sunday with some established pride and because it's a division game but that ends because they're horrid defensively, never come up with a defensive stop when they need to and make average players look like all pros..
Reply/Quote