Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF Hill, Burkhead too injured, are we down to just Bernard ??
I would hate to see us go into a game with just one running back....nobody to help replace him a few snaps....and what if he gets injured...How weak are we right now in RB depth ?
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 04:10 PM)kevin Wrote: I would hate to see us go into a game with just one running back....nobody to help replace him a few snaps....and what if he gets injured...How weak are we right now in RB depth ?

Hill is practicing limited. What's wrong with Rex? He was atleast a bit of a bright spot on ST's in Dallas.

Also another question, which RB did we put on the PS? Tra Carson or Bronson Hill?

Hoping Carson.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 04:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hill is practicing limited. What's wrong with Rex? He was atleast a bit of a bright spot on ST's in Dallas.

Also another question, which RB did we put on the PS? Tra Carson or Bronson Hill?

Hoping Carson.

Hamstring.

Carson.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals newest strategy on their slumping running game...have no running backs. That goes well with their lack of run blocking on the offensive line. Put your track shoes on, Andy, you will be running for your life.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 04:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hamstring.

Carson.

Thanks man, saw the Rex hamstring in a hobspin article earlier but am happy we kept the better of the two PS backs.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 10:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks man, saw the Rex hamstring in a hobspin article earlier but am happy we kept the better of the two PS backs.

Admittedly wasn't really impressed with him in the preseason, what with 35 carries for 85 yards (2.4 ypc) and a fumble.

The Bengals sure do have a type of RB they like, though...

Corey Dillon: 220 lbs, ran 4.56
Cedric Benson: 227 lbs, ran 4.55
Benjarvus Green-Ellis: 220 lbs, ran 4.6
Jeremy Hill: 233 lbs, ran 4.66
Tra Carson: 227 lbs, ran 4.64

They love them some big slow RBs. Gio's the oddball out there at 202 lbs, but still a not-fast 4.53.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully somebody gets healthy quick.

If not would not mind seeing Carson get some carries.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 10:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Admittedly wasn't really impressed with him in the preseason, what with 35 carries for 85 yards (2.4 ypc) and a fumble.

They love them some big slow RBs. Gio's the oddball out there at 202 lbs, but still a not-fast 4.53.

Who keeps drafting these RBs who can't run less than 4.50/40? A slow Smirk coach, I bet.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:21 AM)Derrick Wrote: Who keeps drafting these RBs who can't run less than 4.50/40? A slow Smirk coach, I bet.

A coach that knows we play in the AFCN and need to have big solid backs that can take a pounding instead of a speed back that can't take a hit....
Reply/Quote
Then I see Bernard getting most of the carries....Hill is activated but still pretty messed up going into this game.....and they really should activate Carson if that is possible....If you can take them off and on reserve list, we could use an extra body at RB due to injuries.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd rushed for over 500 yards in college. He had 40 carries last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 10:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Admittedly wasn't really impressed with him in the preseason, what with 35 carries for 85 yards (2.4 ypc) and a fumble.

Really liked Tra Carson in college though and behind this O-line our starters have not looked good let
alone behind the 2nd and 3rd OL. Bronson Hill looked worse to me and i remember Carson breaking off
a few good runs in Preseason, surprised at that low of YPC..

(10-14-2016, 12:21 AM)Derrick Wrote: Who keeps drafting these RBs who can't run less than 4.50/40? A slow Smirk coach, I bet.

Didn't draft Benson, BJGE or Tra Carson. Carson went undrafted.

Rare for a 227+ RB to run a sub 4.5 forty as well and just cause one can it doesn't make them a better RB.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tyler Boyd rushed for over 500 yards in college.  He had 40 carries last year.

Surprised we have not used Boyd at QB either where he was good in college. Instead we have used James Wright.

Boyd is the versatile guy who can run or pass.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 11:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: A coach that knows we play in the AFCN and need to have big solid backs that can take a pounding instead of a speed back that can't take a hit....

Yep, the cold days coming mixed with the brutal smash mouth style of AFC North dictates this. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, the cold days coming mixed with the brutal smash mouth style of AFC North dictates this. 

People need to remember that RB named Irons we drafted out of Auburn...
Reply/Quote
If we have to put Boyd at RB because we are out of RB's, then we are in big trouble....We are all waiting for a game where Green, Lafell and Boyd all have big game in the same game. That is probably what it will take to UPSET the Patriots. ....Against Dallas Boyd was wide open for a deep TD and Dalton threw a dink pass. I'm sure Dalton had to see that on the game film that he blew that play huge. Boyd should be getting the ball more. Of course our O Line is making Dalton want to do the quick dink passes. Our O Line stinks so far.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:11 PM)kevin Wrote: If we have to put Boyd at RB because we are out of RB's, then we are in big trouble...

Agreed.

Only time it should happen is if we lose multiple RBs in one game.  We should never go into a game planning on using him at RB.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: People need to remember that RB named Irons we drafted out of Auburn...

I remember him. Never was a huge fan but was hoping to be proven wrong.

Yet at 5'11" , 200 lbs not sure he fits the mold described. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Agreed.

Only time it should happen is if we lose multiple RBs in one game.  We should never go into a game planning on using him at RB.

Sure hope this would be a last resort. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Honestly I think we went wrong making Hill the featured back. Should have been Gio. Hill on goal line and third and short.
Reply/Quote